View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 10:14 AM

Latest purchase was the CRKT RMJ Utsidihi. Took these pix over a few weeks of initial ownership. It's an excellent lightweight fixed blade design by Ryan Johnson of RMJ-Tactical that is unfortunately held back by the just barely adequate Chinese 8Cr13MoV stainless steel - wish they had chosen to us D2 instead.

Sheath system is solid and the balance of this blade in hand is terrific. The grind is a bit thick for strength and durability so its not a great paper slicer, but it will surprisingly shred cardboard boxes quickly and efficiently and it makes one heck of an effective self-defense or backup blade.

CRKT ships it with gutted paracord which felt a bit too thin in my hand. I wrapped it with actual 550 paracord, and although I think it looked pretty nice, I ultimately ended up running cotton wrap where I could build up the feel in hand as I liked. Doesn't look as good, but looks aren't everything.

Anyhow, its a great way to try out an excellent Ryan Johnson design on the cheap - under $50 vs. $199 for his USA-made version which is essentially unobtaniun. Nice overall blade!

Specifications

• Blade Length 3.514" (89.26 mm)
  • Blade Edge Plain Edge
  • Blade Steel 8Cr13MoV
  • Blade Finish Stonewash
  • Blade Thickness 0.159" (4.04 mm)
  • Overall Length 7.813" (198.45 mm)
  • Weight 3.2 oz. (90.72g)
  • Handle Nylon Cord Wrap
  • Style Fixed Blade Knife w/Sheath