Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   New to Calguns? Check here first! (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Welcome to Calguns! (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=56576)

82A1CAL 07-13-2007 10:32 PM

:jump:

Donnie373 07-18-2007 6:14 PM

New to the forum. Just stopping in to say hello. :sailor:

Harbinger 07-18-2007 6:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnie373 (Post 681425)
New to the forum. Just stopping in to say hello. :sailor:

Welcome Donnie! :cheers2:

Mike

j1133s 07-19-2007 4:00 PM

Just discovered this forum. I hope to participate in your discussions and learn from you.

38aht 07-19-2007 9:02 PM

New to forum.

What a great forum! I have so many questions but I'll try to search first. I'm in the middle of a AR 15 buildup and I want to make sure I do it right for match shooting.

ghost 07-20-2007 8:38 PM

welcome to the board guys!

1911whore 07-22-2007 7:47 PM

welcome gentlemen.

joea 07-22-2007 11:08 PM

Hello all, I thought I'd stop lurking & join this cool board. I don't have an AR or AK yet, but I will someday thanks to Calguns. I'm looking forward to my first AR build. A CA legal Dragunov, SVD, Tiger, or a PSL would be real nice also.:drool5: :yes::no::confused:

69Mach1 07-22-2007 11:15 PM

Welcome, to all of you former lurkers.:D

oaklander 07-23-2007 12:18 AM

Welcome all!!!

This board is a great resource!!!

:D

Bicuspid76 07-23-2007 5:46 AM

Greetings all,

Stopping by to say "hello". While I am not new to "the black rifle", I did find this site most useful when putting my first OLL together. It's sites like this that ensure our sport does not go quietly into the night.

jc_stecker 07-24-2007 6:24 PM

Hi everybody,

I'm new here and relatively new to recreational shooting, outside the military. I just bought my own first rifle (M1A) a couple weeks ago so I guess that makes me a new California gun owner as well. It's nice to see fellow gun owners here in the southland.

carbonmetrictree 07-27-2007 1:53 AM

New guy!

Hey guys, I'm from Pasadena, CA. I finally got the time to sign up with this awesome forum. I've been on Sigforums mostly, but wanted to expand and start getting to know people around my area. Glad to be a part of a great community! :D

badhabit90 07-30-2007 4:52 PM

HELLO ALL

i am from the Central Coast(Santa Maria area-just north of Santa Barbara). i am not "new" per se to the gun world or this site. i finally decided to register and talk to you fellas. this site has some wonderful information here, thank you. i am a Firearms Instructor for the Federal Bureau of Prisons here in Lompoc. the information helps me and my fellow co workers "decipher" what the laws mean to you and us in the public. i am always getting questions about "the black rifle" and how they can all buy one.

the OLL FAQ has helped me tremendously in providing information to people i work with.

i compete here locally at the prison and have several plaques. there are some different courses of fire-PPC, Combat Pistol, and shotgun. basically a 3 gun show.

ive got me some nice pistols and rifles in the safe...more on that later.

glad to be a part of this forum. its people like US who actually keep the laws in check. VOTE!!! :gunsmilie:

SavageMaxx 07-30-2007 7:21 PM

Greetings and Salutations

Hello,
I am new to the world of CA guns. After not being able to bring some of my "property" into CA I never thought that I would actually own a gun here, but recent events nationally and locally have led me to reconsider. I am currently enrolling my wife and two daughters in a basic pistol and home defense class taught in my area. I find this forum very informative and interesting. I appreciate all the work that the admins have put forth. Recently in my first gun purchase here in CA I could not get a straight answer from anyone at my LGS and ended up finding all the info I need here.

Thanks
SM

Peppersfan2 07-31-2007 10:10 PM

Hey everyone I'm from Concord CA. Wanted to get firearms for the cool factor and self defense and in case the SHTF. You guys are going to be the final step before I join your ranks as a gun owner. Peace.:cool:

69Mach1 07-31-2007 10:15 PM

Welcome to all of the new arrivals. Stay, learn, and contribute.:)

oaklander 07-31-2007 10:37 PM

I grew up in Lompoc - great town!!!

:D

Welcome to the board - we'll have to go shooting some time when I am down there visting my folks in Lompoc!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by badhabit90 (Post 693877)
HELLO ALL

i am from the Central Coast(Santa Maria area-just north of Santa Barbara). i am not "new" per se to the gun world or this site. i finally decided to register and talk to you fellas. this site has some wonderful information here, thank you. i am a Firearms Instructor for the Federal Bureau of Prisons here in Lompoc. the information helps me and my fellow co workers "decipher" what the laws mean to you and us in the public. i am always getting questions about "the black rifle" and how they can all buy one.

the OLL FAQ has helped me tremendously in providing information to people i work with.

i compete here locally at the prison and have several plaques. there are some different courses of fire-PPC, Combat Pistol, and shotgun. basically a 3 gun show.

ive got me some nice pistols and rifles in the safe...more on that later.

glad to be a part of this forum. its people like US who actually keep the laws in check. VOTE!!! :gunsmilie:

Fast Eddie 08-03-2007 11:17 PM

I've been lurking around here for a little while and finally decided to sign up and say hi as I am close to building my first AR. I was born and raised on the Central Coast of Cali in San Luis Obispo County and this site is of immense help in learning the jungle of CA firearm laws.

I have a few handguns, I think it's time for and AR and I hope to learn a lot from you guys.

VegasND 08-07-2007 8:37 PM

Hello All! I left CA in '79 but may have to move back soon. I've lurked long enough to have a pretty good idea what returning will mean for my firearms. I do have some questions and will be looking for the best places to post them.

mikehk 08-08-2007 11:36 AM

Hello, spent most of my time in Shasta county. Looking forward to reading posts and contributing where I can.

RFNUT 08-09-2007 7:41 PM

I am new to California. We just moved from Omaha, NE. Love the area (Bakersifeld). I primarily shoot rimfire. Love to target shoot. Don't do competitive stuff. Will be looking for a range soon.

enriquevc 08-13-2007 6:32 PM

Hello,
Another new fresh meat here. Just wanted to say hi to everyone. Look forward to reading helpful information at this great site.

alphazebrafoxtrot 08-15-2007 11:25 PM

I'm here, too...just in case DOJ is making a list...I didn't want to feel left out.

VeGun 08-16-2007 10:00 AM

howdy all, just a quick hello to introduce myself. Looking forward to picking up all sorts of knowledge here & hope I can offer something, too.

ghost 08-17-2007 8:28 PM

welcome to the forum guys!
you`ll find what youre looking on here.

Stubby 08-18-2007 12:30 AM

Greetings everyone!!

I have been lurking here for awhile and finally decided to start contributing :)

I live in Covina and have been playing with firearms for about 15 years now.

I am looking forward to adding my $0.02.:43:

kaishakuninja 08-20-2007 1:20 PM

hello. new to calguns, and to guns in general. looking forward to learning quite a bit here.

ivanimal 08-20-2007 1:22 PM

Welcome to the boards, we can be helpful at times.:D

CaleeforniaKid 08-20-2007 7:26 PM

Hello from Kern County. Great forum!

MobCounty 08-21-2007 3:46 PM

Greetings all,

I've been reading up on AR's in the forum and it gave me enough guts to get 2 OLL's at Professionals Choice in Atascadero. Thanks!

All the best,
MC

chico.cm 08-21-2007 8:33 PM

Hey Ya'll !

Greetings from Chico, CA.

Charlie Foxtrot 08-26-2007 8:16 PM

4th Generation, employed, tax-paying, law-obeying, gun-owning Californian.

One of the few, the brave, the looking to get the hell out.

chico.cm 08-26-2007 8:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie Foxtrot (Post 726639)
4th Generation, employed, tax-paying, law-obeying, gun-owning Californian.

One of the few, the brave, the looking to get the hell out.

BIENVENIDOS!:D

Charlie Foxtrot 08-26-2007 8:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chico.cm (Post 726642)
BIENVENIDOS!:D

Muchos gracias, amigo!

And Thank You for your service!

Ticker3397 08-29-2007 11:24 AM

Hello all

I just wanted to sat HI and thank you for such a great site.
I am getting ready to purchase a lower and start a build on a AR
So I'm sure I will have lots of questions.
Thank you again for having a site like this for us Californians
D.

elenius 08-29-2007 11:22 PM

I guess I should have posted here first :o

Truly a great forum. I can't believe I have wasted so much time at certain other forums...

Just got my first OLL thanks to you guys :)

scattered_x 08-31-2007 6:20 AM

What's up everybody. Been a long time lurker and finally decided to join. Of all the gun boards I've been on, this has got to be the most pro-active board on the internet. Instead of being a bunch of keyboard commandos, you people do the research, pound the pavement, write the letters and actually make things happen. Sounds like where I want to be.:D

fsy1230 09-02-2007 6:46 PM

Hello everyone! Just wanted to say hi. Don't quite remember when I joined but it was recent and now I am finally posting. Already dealt with some of you great vendors in recent past and will do so again in the near future! Looking forward to participate in this awesome forum! :)

StAtiC 09-05-2007 12:29 PM

Greetings from Sarasota, FL