Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Title 1 Other and Browning M2/M3 (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1598264)

vvortex3 03-25-2020 5:33 AM

Title 1 Other and Browning M2/M3
 
Hello everyone,

Apparently as of a few days ago the DES system allows "Long Gun" and "Other" when purchasing a firearm. My understanding is that this was one of the main issues with Browning m2/m3 purchases. How does this affect the DROS of an M3 Right Hand Side Plate (RHSP) that I am wanting to purchase? I can only assume that all previous sales were "Long Gun" and "Rifle" despite their legality seeming to hinge on the weapon being defined as "not a rifle" so that the .50 BMG Rifle ban does not apply to it and force me to use .50DTC.

My second question is where can I legally buy pre-made 10 round cloth belts?

RoundEye 03-25-2020 6:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvortex3 (Post 24035694)
Apparently as of a few days ago the DES system allows "Long Gun" and "Other" when purchasing a firearm.

As of this morning the dealers have received no such bulletin from the CADOJ via DES. The "Gun Type" drop down still only contains valid options for Rifle, Rifle/Shotgun Combination, and Shotgun.

vvortex3 03-25-2020 6:35 AM

Are you certain? Could you try following these instructions:

How to DROS in the DES (Dros Entry System) as of 3/20/2020:
  • "long gun transaction only" has been enhanced to accept Other
  • Step 1: select the long gun transaction type
  • Step 2: Under the transaction and firearm information's "Gun type" dropdown select "Other"

as per this very recent video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVD3...pbT7J&index=13

Nickbowen5 03-25-2020 6:43 AM

Can confirm that the drop down menu has not been updated and dealers have received no bulletin that addresses the issue.

vvortex3 03-25-2020 7:02 AM

Did you log in to the DES system and select Long Gun and follow the instructions above?

RoundEye 03-25-2020 7:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvortex3 (Post 24035844)
Are you certain? Could you try following these instructions:

How to DROS in the DES (Dros Entry System) as of 3/20/2020:
  • "long gun transaction only" has been enhanced to accept Other
  • Step 1: select the long gun transaction type
  • Step 2: Under the transaction and firearm information's "Gun type" dropdown select "Other"

as per this very recent video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVD3...pbT7J&index=13

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvortex3 (Post 24035932)
Did you log in to the DES system and select Long Gun and follow the instructions above?

Yes, I am certain that the drop down only contains the three options listed above. No update has been made to DES to accommodate the registration of "Other" long guns.

vvortex3 03-25-2020 9:15 AM

When you say that the 3 options have not been changed it is a little unclear to me.

In online web forms it is possible to modify the form after a selection is made. Could you select "Long Gun" and then check which options are available under "Gun Type" after the long gun selection is made?

vvortex3 03-25-2020 10:14 AM

Franklin Armory claims this is possible at http://calguns.net/calgunform/showth...565227&page=11

sigstroker 03-25-2020 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoundEye (Post 24036100)
Yes, I am certain that the drop down only contains the three options listed above. No update has been made to DES to accommodate the registration of "Other" long guns.

:facepalm:

Did you do the two steps like he said?

LEAD LAUNCHER 03-25-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvortex3 (Post 24036857)
Franklin Armory claims this is possible at http://calguns.net/calgunform/showth...565227&page=11

Dead link.

I believe that was one of the nuked threads.
Likely this thread will be as well-soon.

In the mean time,crossing my fingers that dros sytem actually is updated so people can dros their other firearms as they should be able to.

.

RoundEye 03-25-2020 11:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvortex3 (Post 24036606)
When you say that the 3 options have not been changed it is a little unclear to me.

In online web forms it is possible to modify the form after a selection is made. Could you select "Long Gun" and then check which options are available under "Gun Type" after the long gun selection is made?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sigstroker (Post 24037100)
:facepalm:

Did you do the two steps like he said?

I completed Step 1, but Step 2 could not be completed as there is no option for "Other" in the Gun Type drop down.

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...1&d=1585166398

vvortex3 03-25-2020 1:07 PM

Thanks for checking this out RoundEye. Why would FranklinArmory say that this can be done?

RoundEye 03-25-2020 1:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvortex3 (Post 24037718)
Thanks for checking this out RoundEye. Why would FranklinArmory say that this can be done?

My guess is that was meant to be confidential, but they released a little too early. If you go to their website, you can see that there is no evidence of any such announcement.

vvortex3 03-25-2020 1:30 PM

Well my .50 BMG Semi M3 right hand side plate order is on standby to slip in with the Title 1 sales. I wonder if this will be weeks or months. I may let the shop hold my money as some sort of pre-order... not sure.

sigstroker 03-25-2020 2:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoundEye (Post 24037357)
I completed Step 1, but Step 2 could not be completed as there is no option for "Other" in the Gun Type drop down.

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...1&d=1585166398

Maybe you need to select the stuff above that, receiver only, etc.

WRT the OP, I've never seen a cloth belt in an M2. There is such a thing?

vvortex3 03-25-2020 2:04 PM

I'm curious if the option appears for only the manufacturer "Franklin Armory" or something equally silly.

LEAD LAUNCHER 03-25-2020 2:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvortex3 (Post 24038001)
I'm curious if the option appears for only the manufacturer "Franklin Armory" or something equally silly.

Pretty sure the DOJ would like that to be the case....

Those with access to the dros system can continue to try and find it,but I suspect it's not there.

Since that memo was posted,Franklin did say to be patient...

I would suspect if it was live for reals,Franklin would come back and tell us,that THIS TIME,it really is an option.

.

r1ghtw1ng 03-25-2020 3:29 PM

Still waiting on guidance to see whether 80% receivers can be built up and registered as Other receivers, since the Pistol ship has sailed.

Never Convicted 03-25-2020 4:45 PM

called FA today, they said DOJ will be updating the site soon so we can use the "other" option. FA rep was very cordial and helpful

sinan 03-25-2020 4:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Never Convicted (Post 24038736)
called FA today, they said DOJ will be updating the site soon so we can use the "other" option. FA rep was very cordial and helpful

That's great news! Hopefully we can also use the "other" option when we buy a lower receiver.

vvortex3 03-25-2020 7:28 PM

My local FFL is a little intimidated by a new transaction type like this... does anyone know of a CA shop near Sacramento that would DROS a Browning M3 semi right hand side plate if the "Long Gun" & "Other" option appears?

ar15barrels 03-25-2020 9:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvortex3 (Post 24036857)
Franklin Armory claims this is possible at http://calguns.net/calgunform/showth...565227&page=11

You just don't get it.
It has not actually happened like Frainklin said.

ar15barrels 03-25-2020 9:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r1ghtw1ng (Post 24038409)
Still waiting on guidance to see whether 80% receivers can be built up and registered as Other receivers, since the Pistol ship has sailed.

DOJ already stated that would not be possible in the magically disappearing memo.

freonr22 03-25-2020 9:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ar15barrels (Post 24039967)
DOJ already stated that would not be possible in the magically disappearing memo.

But. I want it to

ar15barrels 03-25-2020 9:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freonr22 (Post 24040040)
But. I want it to

I shat in one hand and wished in the other hand.
I rubbed my hands together.
What do I have on both hands now?

freonr22 03-25-2020 9:49 PM

Fun?

Mr.Caketown 03-26-2020 4:48 AM

Why do all the threads about the FA title one rifle keep getting scrubbed ??

RoundEye 03-26-2020 6:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Caketown (Post 24040557)
Why do all the threads about the FA title one rifle keep getting scrubbed ??

It's like Fight Club. ;)

ar15barrels 03-26-2020 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Caketown (Post 24040557)
Why do all the threads about the FA title one rifle keep getting scrubbed ??

Probably to reduce DOJ's ability to see the repercussions of changing the DES before they actually do it.

Mr.Caketown 03-26-2020 2:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ar15barrels (Post 24041991)
Probably to reduce DOJ's ability to see the repercussions of changing the DES before they actually do it.

That makes a lot of sense , i was wondering what that was about

Quiet 03-26-2020 2:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Caketown (Post 24040557)
Why do all the threads about the FA title one rifle keep getting scrubbed ??

The lawyers involved with it, have requested them to be removed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kestryll (Post 24021069)
I'm pretty sure I know which topic you are referring to.

I was asked directly by the party involved's legal counsel to remove those threads for the time being.

I wasn't told why and didn't ask, I'm not the client, however our long history with this law office and their history of successes means I trust they have a good reason.

Calguns is read by DoJ and others and we do not want to be responsible for causing things to go awry.



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.