Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Firearms Sales in San Diego (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1737438)

WildeBuiltTactical 08-11-2021 12:29 PM

Firearms Sales in San Diego

Job Type:

Retail Firearms Sales Associate

Job Description and Duties:
Retail Firearms Sales; Provide exceptional customer service via phone, email or in person. The Firearms Sales Associate will be primarily responsible for selling, DROS and release firearms.
Pay Scale:
We are offering competitive compensation that will be discussed at time of interview/hiring and is based on experience. We pay above minimum wage. As suggested in the comments below, our pay scale starts at $17 for someone with zero experience/No COE/DOJ instructor card, and goes up from there. WBT will pay for talent. We realize we live in San Diego. We are looking for staff that want to be here for the long haul. Our benefits include matched 401k, PTO, sick pay and paid holidays. We also have an excellent employee purchase program and participation in manufacture rewards programs.

Minimum Requirements: We are accepting applications from everyone, regardless of their experience level. WBT would prefer someone with 1-2 years of direct firearms sales experience within California however, persons with no experience and a high level of motivation are encouraged to apply. Current knowledge of CA firearms laws. Completely comfortable with computer-based applications, 30+ words per min typing. Understanding and knowledge of the current firearms market including popular make/model/type of firearms being sold in California, with a focus on modern sporting rifles and their compliance requirements would be top tier. If you are looking to get out of the corporate world with no room to advance, please apply. We are big enough to pay past minimum wage, but down to earth in everything we do. We have expanded every year for the past decade and are making some large moves. WBT wants to hire staff in it for the long haul. If you have a true passion for firearms, we have a home for you.

To Apply: Please email HR@wbtguns.com your cover letter, resume, and any other relevant documents. Cover letters can be simple; just give us a short narrative about your firearms experience within the industry if any, why you want to work for WBT and what sets you apart from other candidates. Please do not call.

WildeBuiltTactical 09-24-2021 7:25 AM

Updated.

WildeBuiltTactical 11-18-2021 6:01 AM

Still open.

WildeBuiltTactical 12-28-2021 12:47 PM

We are hiring again.

WildeBuiltTactical 03-15-2022 10:30 AM

Still expanding and looking to hire!

1990Husky 04-19-2022 2:08 PM

Post your minimum starting hourly wage or what the range is ( i.e. $18-$20/hr depending on experience)

You say you pay "above minimum wage". Minimum wage is $15/hr. Does that mean you pay $15.01?

Putting an attractive hourly wage will get more interested individuals to take a chance on applying.

WildeBuiltTactical 06-15-2022 3:30 PM

Updated!

WildeBuiltTactical 10-05-2022 8:47 PM

Looking for part time staff, including Saturday.

WildeBuiltTactical 10-16-2022 10:18 AM

Btt

WildeBuiltTactical 11-05-2022 5:05 PM

Btt

WildeBuiltTactical 11-29-2022 3:03 PM

Last week we are accepting applications!

WildeBuiltTactical 06-06-2023 7:19 PM

Btt

WildeBuiltTactical 06-15-2023 8:26 PM

Switched to full-time

SPINNER 09-08-2023 5:12 PM

Hello, my name is Ryan Ramirez. I am currently working at an aerospace metal finishing company in Stanton CA. However, I worked in the firearms industry for just about 15 years. I started at So. Cal. Sharpshooters in Torrance which sadly closed. I was fortunate enough to take advantage of training with West Coast Tactical for over a decade there. Sadly, life moved on for me and I ended up working at Ammo Bros. In Cerritos. It wasn?t long before I was promoted to a supervisor position and acquired trust to become a key holder and alarm codes. I was recruited into aerospace metal finishing from there and have been doing so the past 5 years.

Being I was able to use a lot of down time at the range when it was slow, I made the most of the opportunity to work on various firearms from early 1900 designs to new models coming out yearly. I would love to get beach into the industry but I am not sure the pay would match or be close to where I am now. Thank you for you time.

Ryan Ramirez