Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   209 Chapter (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=344)
-   -   Shooting spots on blm in 209 (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1283020)

Brandon_lee14 12-20-2016 9:31 AM

Shooting spots on blm in 209
 
Hey guys, I'm from manteca, I'm looking for a place to do some long distance shooting. Preferably somewhere where I don't have to pay a arm and a leg to shoot a few hundred yards. I just bought a RPR(Ruger Precision Rifle) and want to be able to do some long distance. If you know of any places please let me know.(I'm open to ranges as well, if I have to pay then I have to pay)

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Lonestargrizzly 12-20-2016 9:56 AM

Tumey is right off the I-5

Brandon_lee14 12-20-2016 9:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonestargrizzly (Post 19363613)
Tumey is right off the I-5

Is that a town or?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Lonestargrizzly 12-20-2016 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon_lee14 (Post 19363623)
Is that a town or?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

It's BLM. Just googlie it.

spoof145 12-20-2016 7:32 PM

I know of a few up highway 4 and 108/120. DOES anyone know of any IN Copperopolis?

Friesland 12-21-2016 7:15 AM

Copperopolis,isn't that relatively flat land?

herccheif 12-21-2016 9:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoof145 (Post 19366997)
I know of a few up highway 4 and 108/120. DOES anyone know of any IN Copperopolis?

Care to share them?

Arreaux 12-21-2016 9:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonestargrizzly (Post 19363613)
Tumey is right off the I-5

Tumey is not in the 209 area.

frisco415 12-21-2016 10:00 AM

Going shooting Tomm in the Lvm hills if you still need long range area

Lonestargrizzly 12-21-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arreaux (Post 19369535)
Tumey is not in the 209 area.

It's pretty close.

spoof145 12-21-2016 2:25 PM

THere is the old quarry off hwy4 past vallecito is really the only place I can think of that has the long distance stuff.

anh.nguyen2 12-27-2016 9:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoof145 (Post 19366997)
I know of a few up highway 4 and 108/120. DOES anyone know of any IN Copperopolis?

I WORK JUST ABOVE COPPEROPOLIS (ABOVE LAKE TULLOCH) A BIT. I HEARD FROM A COUPLE OF CO-WORKERS THAT THERE IS A SPOT THAT IS BLM LAND (THOUGH I MYSELF, HAVEN'T CONFIRMED THAT) WHERE THEY'VE GONE OUT THERE TO SHOOT. I SPOKE WITH ONE OF THOSE GUYS AND TRIED TALKING TO HIM TAKING ME OUT THERE JUST ONCE, SO THAT I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE IT'S AT AND WHERE TO SET UP....LONG STORY SHORT, HE TOLD ME HE WOULD GO "ONE DAY", THOUGH HE SAID THAT A LITTLE MORE THAN A YEAR AGO, AND TILL TODAY, I HAVEN'T GONE WITH HIM YET, EVEN AFTER "REMINDING" HIM A FEW TIMES ABOUT GOING. I'LL JUST HAVE TO KEEP TRYING, OR JUST SAY TO MYSELF, "HECK, I'LL JUST DRIVE DOWN THAT ROAD AND FIND A PLACE AND SET UP MYSELF", I GUESS.

anh.nguyen2 12-27-2016 9:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friesland (Post 19368721)
Copperopolis,isn't that relatively flat land?

Nope, it's mostly hills up in Copperopolis. I drive through Copper. on a daily basis because I work a bit further up in Jamestown. But most of the land up there are privately owned and are mostly cattle ranches...all fenced off, so of course, no trespassing.

echo1 01-04-2017 5:13 PM

In the olden days, you could get away with shooting between the 2 canals, Delta Mendota & California aqueduct, where they get wide between Vernalis and Westly. There's places with big berms for back stop. One local crew has a 1K range there off McKraken, between the ditches, before the Westly Triangle. The south end of Bird Road was also good Rustin's dirt, but there's a quarry there now. Pigs and elk too further up toward Mt. Oso. PAX

blubullett 01-27-2017 7:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anh.nguyen2 (Post 19401331)
I WORK JUST ABOVE COPPEROPOLIS (ABOVE LAKE TULLOCH) A BIT. I HEARD FROM A COUPLE OF CO-WORKERS THAT THERE IS A SPOT THAT IS BLM LAND (THOUGH I MYSELF, HAVEN'T CONFIRMED THAT) WHERE THEY'VE GONE OUT THERE TO SHOOT. I SPOKE WITH ONE OF THOSE GUYS AND TRIED TALKING TO HIM TAKING ME OUT THERE JUST ONCE, SO THAT I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE IT'S AT AND WHERE TO SET UP....LONG STORY SHORT, HE TOLD ME HE WOULD GO "ONE DAY", THOUGH HE SAID THAT A LITTLE MORE THAN A YEAR AGO, AND TILL TODAY, I HAVEN'T GONE WITH HIM YET, EVEN AFTER "REMINDING" HIM A FEW TIMES ABOUT GOING. I'LL JUST HAVE TO KEEP TRYING, OR JUST SAY TO MYSELF, "HECK, I'LL JUST DRIVE DOWN THAT ROAD AND FIND A PLACE AND SET UP MYSELF", I GUESS.

If you know the name of the road drive until you find the trash piles. That's the shooting spot.

CMBrowning 01-28-2017 2:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blubullett (Post 19576574)
If you know the name of the road drive until you find the trash piles. That's the shooting spot.

:rofl2: that is the description to every blm spot I've been to.

ej22twagon 04-11-2017 9:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon_lee14 (Post 19363458)
Hey guys, I'm from manteca, I'm looking for a place to do some long distance shooting. Preferably somewhere where I don't have to pay a arm and a leg to shoot a few hundred yards. I just bought a RPR(Ruger Precision Rifle) and want to be able to do some long distance. If you know of any places please let me know.(I'm open to ranges as well, if I have to pay then I have to pay)

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

i know this is old but i have a few spot i can show you about an hour and a half away from manteca.

Target Plinker 04-11-2017 6:14 PM

interested. which direction away from Manteca?

ej22twagon 04-12-2017 1:01 PM

east. there are multiple places between angles camp and big trees. angles camp is only an hour east.

HK-USP 04-12-2017 1:08 PM

30 mins south of tracy

http://i.imgur.com/981wuXP.jpg

Lonestargrizzly 04-12-2017 1:10 PM

Wow! Directions to that place please

tbnillo 04-13-2017 7:11 AM

Yes directions please!!

Red-Osier 04-13-2017 7:17 AM

Looks like Del Puerto canyon to me. Or Corral Hollow.

BeFrank 04-13-2017 8:50 AM

Directions would be great. I used to M bike most of the Tracy hills and south/ west area. PM us if you don't want to broadcast.

D_ALPINE_M 04-24-2017 6:45 AM

Anyone got information on the places mentioned above. Thanks ahead of time.

Skip_Dog 05-04-2017 2:37 PM

I would like to know a place to shoot that is a bit closer than Walker Ridge. I mean I don't mind the 2.5 hour drive but closer would be real nice. Please share...

aceman2224 05-05-2017 11:57 PM

Its crazy how secretive everyone is with there spots. I do understand why though, these places are like gold. Tell the wrong person and it could all be ruined.

Skip_Dog 05-08-2017 6:38 AM

Yes all it takes is one bad apple. There are too many people in Ca that hate our 2A rights. All it takes is some lazy shooters to leave a mess and ruin it for the rest of us.

BeFrank 05-08-2017 9:26 AM

It's worse than just a few bad players.
Anytime there is a large number of people using an area it is detrimental.
The critical number will vary by site but at some point over-usage breaks down the area.

tacj 05-17-2017 12:19 AM

I'd love for a tip on a spot in the area as well. I've recently transferred to this area and I haven't found anywhere worthwhile yet.

I've been on the hunt for somewhere in Stanislaus national forest but can't find anything that's secluded enough for my liking.

Mike1305 05-31-2017 12:08 PM

Hey whats up guys, any places to shot, i've been hitting up Manteca and the Tracy range but looking for a place that's not going to hassle you every time you accidentally rapidfire... send me a message if you have any spots

jbean209 06-18-2017 2:37 AM

Anyone care to share a spot?

SCjonny831 06-25-2017 6:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbean209 (Post 20250720)
Anyone care to share a spot?

Shooting locations are not given out for a reason. The next numbnuts comes thru and kills it for all. Best it to search and shoot. Plenty of spots i have found exploring out there.

Or get in with someone that knows, they will blindfold you till you are there . Dont mind the banjo and the squealing on the ride up

Timthetwin 07-06-2017 9:57 AM

Just moved to Lodi. Any spots close?

Preston-CLB 04-22-2018 11:04 AM

Any shooters in the Columbia/Sonora area who would like to get together for coffee, and/or go out and burn a few rounds?

I am looking for sites to go shooting, and I am good at keeping secrets and cleaning up after myself.

I am retired, so pretty much available.

Send me PM if you are interested. Thanks,
--P

Aaron_ 04-26-2018 5:40 AM

Idk what blm is honestly but the linden gun range is nice. It's $17/day has 100 yard and 200 yard ranges.

spoof145 05-15-2018 3:23 PM

FYI
https://www.mymotherlode.com/news/lo...ns-to-blm.html

Red-Osier 05-15-2018 3:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoof145 (Post 21644801)

I never going shooting there, But that's not good, 100 bucks says the place is full of trash.

chrisaod 06-06-2018 6:07 PM

Anyone ever go shoot here, map shows that itís blm land.

Dropped Pin
near 391700700, CA 95327
https://goo.gl/maps/KcmXECems732


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.