Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Primary Arms (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Intro to the up coming ACSS R grid reticle (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1079998)

PrimaryArms 06-05-2015 4:30 AM

Intro to the up coming ACSS R grid reticle
 
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...98c4448944.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...b25a8ca281.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...e2ab5065fa.jpg

Demo video
https://youtu.be/SAwGcx-QHdc

4-14xFFP retail for $279.99
Designed for long to extreme long range.
The R-Grid allows for fast acquisition 0-300
A correlated grid, mil/mil,superior man of angle and .05 mil rang estimation increments.

Based on the PGO-7 and ACSS reticle

PGO-7
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...7a201f4d06.jpg

ACSS
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...2d233e76df.jpg

-Dimitri

USMCM16A2 06-16-2015 3:07 PM

Dmitry, you are a ****ing genius.
 
Dmitry,



You are a genius, I just purchased the 4x14x44 with the Orion reticle. I will use it on my 16" Bushy upper using 55gr Barnes TSX FB. I had a Redfield Revenge, it was a 2nd FFP. Bye Redfield. A2

PrimaryArms 06-16-2015 3:14 PM

Tx USMC

Sleighter 06-16-2015 5:06 PM

In your 2nd picture of the reticle looking at the tree what's causing the distortion? Is it just because the camera was moving, or is there another cause?

PrimaryArms 06-16-2015 5:08 PM

Intro to the up coming ACSS R grid reticle
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleighter (Post 16469613)
In your 2nd picture of the reticle looking at the tree what's causing the distortion? Is it just because the camera was moving, or is there another cause?


Its my crap phone and moving.. USMCm16A2 can tell you about how clear the optic is, he just got the same model but geared for hunting with ACSS Orion reticle.

USMCM16A2 06-19-2015 6:15 PM

Sleighter, but with no worries.
 
Sleighter,



Primary arms put a bang for buck optic that cannot be beat. The 4x14x44 Orion I purchased have some of the best glass I have ever had in a scope. I have had Zeiss, Swarovski, I have 2 Super Snipers on my long range 6.5 Swedes. And the glass on this scope is in league with the formentioned.
This scope has one thing the others do not, the Orion reticle. Dmitry has spent alot of time and effort developing these reticles. Primary Arms also has something alot of retailers do not have, kick azz customer service. And do not buy the Cool-Aid about Chinese scopes, buy Primary and laugh all the way to the bank with all the money you save. A2

PrimaryArms 06-19-2015 6:20 PM

Tx USMCA2
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...60551796dd.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...b4bdf850ed.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...ce11c722d0.jpg

Here is the ACSS Trijicon Acog version

lump 07-23-2015 11:18 AM

The grid reticle looks very interesting. It looks kind of dense and overwhelming though in the pics, is it less so looking through it?

I'm wonder if you make anything like your ACSS R grid, but with the following difference: With a grid of dots (or small crosses) instead of the full grid, which would then also allow the Y axis #'s to be right next to the axis (similar to how you have dots on each side of the axis in your BDC reticle for wind drift). It's hard for my eyes to scan down quickly and get the right row, then scan over, if the # is at the far end of each line.

Still it looks great, I like how you are constantly innovating.

Also, I'm wondering if anyone has ever come up with a "shooter's MOA" reticle and turrets, set at 1" per 100 yds instead of 1 MOA? Then it would eliminate the need to correct for the .05 (or whatever it is) rounding error, and make calculations so much easier. Feel free to steal the idea if it hasn't already been done!

PrimaryArms 07-23-2015 9:15 PM

Intro to the up coming ACSS R grid reticle
 
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07...c431d03350.jpg

Here is what the ACSS Rgrid actually looks like.


-Dimitri

NorCalFocus 07-23-2015 9:25 PM

Will you be offering a MOA/MOA version?

How far is that tree in the pic and what magnification is the scope on?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PrimaryArms 07-23-2015 9:33 PM

Intro to the up coming ACSS R grid reticle
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCalFocus (Post 16659595)
Will you be offering a MOA/MOA version?

How far is that tree in the pic and what magnification is the scope on?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Its at 14x and I believe the tree is about 450yards or so, pic was taken with a potato.
I designed the ACSS ARES-MOA its a moa/moa

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07...e1ea0a9ea7.jpg

-Dimitri

NorCalFocus 07-23-2015 9:35 PM

Intro to the up coming ACSS R grid reticle
 
That looks very interesting. Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trdprotruck 11-17-2015 10:49 PM

Are there any updates on when this will be available? Thanks.

trdprotruck 12-14-2015 11:39 PM

Hmm the new website says the R-Grid should be available around now, but it keeps getting delayed.

trdprotruck 12-15-2015 6:31 PM

It's in stock!

PrimaryArms 12-16-2015 8:20 AM

Intro to the up coming ACSS R grid reticle
 
In Stock now!

https://youtu.be/gX9-W2Hku2o

Jayson1978 12-16-2015 5:06 PM

When can we expect the ARES reticle? I really like the R Grid look and function but if you could make something like that in MOA that would be awesome!!!

PrimaryArms 12-16-2015 5:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayson1978 (Post 17361893)
When can we expect the ARES reticle? I really like the R Grid look and function but if you could make something like that in MOA that would be awesome!!!


How do you know about the Ares?

Jayson1978 12-16-2015 5:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimaryArms (Post 16659636)
Its at 14x and I believe the tree is about 450yards or so, pic was taken with a potato.
I designed the ACSS ARES-MOA its a moa/moa

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07...e1ea0a9ea7.jpg

-Dimitri

From this post

Jayson1978 12-16-2015 6:24 PM

Also on the r grid optic, are the turrets in MRAD or MOA?

PrimaryArms 12-17-2015 6:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayson1978 (Post 17362248)
Also on the r grid optic, are the turrets in MRAD or MOA?


Its mil/mil

Jayson1978 12-17-2015 7:31 AM

Awesome I might be picking one of those up very soon!

PrimaryArms 12-17-2015 5:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayson1978 (Post 17364367)
Awesome I might be picking one of those up very soon!


Your able to dial with turrets or hold on grid

CaliDoc 12-20-2015 11:14 AM

Dmitri, if you put this gridded reticle or even the mil dot reticle along with FFP in other magnification levels (2.5-10, 3-9, etc) you guys would easily blow out other major manufacturers that sell these scopes at double or even triple the price. Keep up the good work over at Primary Arms.

PrimaryArms 12-20-2015 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliDoc (Post 17380257)
Dmitri, if you put this gridded reticle or even the mil dot reticle along with FFP in other magnification levels (2.5-10, 3-9, etc) you guys would easily blow out other major manufacturers that sell these scopes at double or even triple the price. Keep up the good work over at Primary Arms.


Tx

-Dimitri

trdprotruck 12-27-2015 2:35 PM

If you put this reticle in a FFP spotting scope I would buy it in a heart beat!

PrimaryArms 12-30-2015 7:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trdprotruck (Post 17416127)
If you put this reticle in a FFP spotting scope I would buy it in a heart beat!


I have a great design for a spotting scope that is way better then this...

-Dimitri

bombadillo 12-30-2015 7:59 PM

Are you planning on making any MOA/MOA scopes in the near future. I think like Vortex has done with their MOA scopes, you could do the same. I really prefer it myself, and know a lot of others who are in the same boat.

PrimaryArms 12-30-2015 7:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombadillo (Post 17433594)
Are you planning on making any MOA/MOA scopes in the near future. I think like Vortex has done with their MOA scopes, you could do the same. I really prefer it myself, and know a lot of others who are in the same boat.


In the works

trdprotruck 12-31-2015 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimaryArms (Post 17433531)
I have a great design for a spotting scope that is way better then this...

-Dimitri

Spill the beans!!! I've been looking for an affordable (<$1k)spotting scope with a mil reticle for a long time.

PrimaryArms 12-31-2015 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trdprotruck (Post 17438648)
Spill the beans!!! I've been looking for an affordable (<$1k)spotting scope with a mil reticle for a long time.


There is nothing to talk of just a top secret reticle

FMJBT 01-01-2016 8:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliDoc (Post 17380257)
Dmitri, if you put this gridded reticle or even the mil dot reticle along with FFP in other magnification levels (2.5-10, 3-9, etc) you guys would easily blow out other major manufacturers that sell these scopes at double or even triple the price. Keep up the good work over at Primary Arms.


^^^^
This!

I'd love to have that reticle in a slightly more compact and lighter scope like a 3-9X or 2-10X with a 30-40mm objective and adjustable parallax. I'm always on the hunt for the perfect scope for an SPR or RECCE style rifle, and that reticle is perfect for that application. I've always found the 4-14X44 scopes a bit large for my tastes atop that type of rifle. Capped or locking turrets would be nice too.

DefendersOfValda 01-18-2016 6:53 PM

I need to look into this.

Any northern california dealers, who have in stock?

PrimaryArms 01-18-2016 8:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DefendersOfValda (Post 17535855)
I need to look into this.

Any northern california dealers, who have in stock?


Not sure please email info@primaryarms.com

mif_slim 02-13-2016 4:30 PM

Stumbled onto this... yeah its a month old but still, i like this scope design and if PA ever comes out with a Moa/Moa, im going to buy it. I currently have the 4x14 ACS and i like it very much!

PrimaryArms 02-13-2016 4:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mif_slim (Post 17678861)
Stumbled onto this... yeah its a month old but still, i like this scope design and if PA ever comes out with a Moa/Moa, im going to buy it. I currently have the 4x14 ACS and i like it very much!


I have been pushing for it for some time

-Dimitri

bombadillo 02-13-2016 5:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimaryArms (Post 17678867)
I have been pushing for it for some time

-Dimitri


Where is the link to the MOA/MOA scope?

mif_slim 02-13-2016 6:00 PM

Dont think they have it yet. I dont mind the mil/mil, but honestly, its something i had to adjust to coming from shooting Moa/moa most my life...moa is burnt in my mind but i still got to look at the cheatsheet for mil. Dont mind it though, learning something new and its exciting. Ill be waiting for the moa version.

PrimaryArms 02-14-2016 5:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombadillo (Post 17679024)
Where is the link to the MOA/MOA scope?


Not out


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.