Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Ammo and Reloading (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Video: Reloading and how to avoid the California Ammo Restrictions (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1545286)

Darto 07-10-2019 6:23 PM

Video: Reloading and how to avoid the California Ammo Restrictions

Mike402 07-11-2019 10:30 AM

WTF is wrong with us? Talk about circular firing squad. Thanks to the video creator and you for handing the fascists their new round of loophole closing laws next year. Unbelievable

'ol shooter 07-11-2019 11:21 AM

Already got all the components I needed for many years of loading pleasure plus lots of rimfire.
Sorry for all those late to the party.
One finger salute to the State.
I was born here and will die here, despite the political climate.

AGGRO 07-11-2019 4:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike402 (Post 23197775)
WTF is wrong with us? Talk about circular firing squad. Thanks to the video creator and you for handing the fascists their new round of loophole closing laws next year. Unbelievable

Which part do you have a problem with. Anyone with a FFL03 goes through a BCG. That's no loophole.

arrowshooter 07-11-2019 4:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGGRO (Post 23198899)
Which part do you have a problem with. Anyone with a FFL03 goes through a BCG. That's no loophole.

Exactly. Plus it's already a matter of record from the California senate 2 years ago of a CA senator stating "the criminals will just reload". There is also a video floating around somewhere of her making that very statement.

I think folks calling "reloading" a loophole is a problem tho.

AGGRO 07-11-2019 5:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowshooter (Post 23198991)
Exactly. Plus it's already a matter of record from the California senate 2 years ago of a CA senator stating "the criminals will just reload". There is also a video floating around somewhere of her making that very statement.

Good time to stock up. I've still got powder and primers from the 70s. Just stay one step ahead of these morons.

None of this garbage will ever stick just like no one "complies" with these stupid registrations. The more people that defy them the better. No U.S. Govt on any level is going to imprison millions of people based on an unconstitutional law. They'd run out of people willing to do the dirty work for them.

rm1911 07-12-2019 8:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike402 (Post 23197775)

Do you think the tyrants that rule us are unaware of reloading? They are and they’ll get to us in time. It’s just that there’s not alot of reloaders in relation to the number of shooters.

They are evil but not stupid. There’s never a rush as they know their laws are not about safety. Right now we’re back burner. Give it a few years.

tonyjr 07-12-2019 11:13 AM

Just keep stocking up . 6 nephews [ soon another one ] and 2 nieces sacred . They see powder . primers bullets - they generally buy a pound , brick or box . We have plenty of cases , but will probably need another press soon . I thought by now people would be selling their un used press .

Fastattack 07-12-2019 11:43 AM

In my Forrest Gump voice: "And just like that, they found a guy who shot and killed someone using reloads."

Mike402 07-13-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGGRO (Post 23198899)

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowshooter (Post 23198991)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm1911 (Post 23200684)
Do you think the tyrants that rule us are unaware of reloading? They are and they’ll get to us in time. It’s just that there’s not alot of reloaders in relation to the number of shooters.

They are evil but not stupid. There’s never a rush as they know their laws are not about safety. Right now we’re back burner. Give it a few years.

All may be true, I just don't think it does us any favors by circulating videos entitled how to avoid CA restrictions. Seems like flaunting it to me and hastens our inevitable demise. Its not just with reloading stuff either. I guess I can't say anything because I have talked about leaving this retarded state for years and haven't been able to because of work. One day I'll put my money where my mouth is.

tonyjr 07-13-2019 5:36 PM

Don't feel bad , the only reason I am still here is my wife / relatives .

Unbekannt 07-13-2019 5:54 PM

I thought this was an excellent introduction. I thought of reloading earlier today as an option. I am still thinking about it.

tonyjr 07-14-2019 6:45 AM

A couple of tears ago , reloading was not cheaper , you just shot more for about same price .
Now , more gun stores are going to go out of business , making ammo harder to find - which
means it will cost more - if you can find it .
Of course this means California will lose money , Oregon , Nevada and Arizona are going to get
more vacation dollars .
Right now - I am on grid . I told my nephews and nieces not to join any gun clubs , reloading
places and not to renew their magazines . [ The magazines don't cover - you can buy this in CA
anyway ]
No need for addresses to show up in a search .

AGGRO 07-15-2019 8:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike402 (Post 23204493)
All may be true, I just don't think it does us any favors by circulating videos entitled how to avoid CA restrictions. Seems like flaunting it to me and hastens our inevitable demise. Its not just with reloading stuff either. I guess I can't say anything because I have talked about leaving this retarded state for years and haven't been able to because of work. One day I'll put my money where my mouth is.

They don't care about reloading. This is politics. They care about votes based on BS platforms. Look, we "did something".

packnrat 07-16-2019 1:52 AM

this guy is a jackss. giving the anti Americans the way to control us even more.
and reloading is NOT avoiding any laws.

It is working within the law.