Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Calguns Shooting Team (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=358)
-   -   Still active? (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1490805)

50 Caliber Karma 11-19-2018 4:47 AM

Still active?

Is the team still a thing? Aside from this one, the only thread made here this year was an ad for discount codes.

-hanko 11-23-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50 Caliber Karma (Post 22350690)
Is the team still a thing? Aside from this one, the only thread made here this year was an ad for discount codes.

...and the discount codes can normally be beaten anytime Geiselle (sp??) has a sale, which every few months.

Based on that, I'd say whatever the Calguns Shooting Team may have been looks to be done for.

Snoopy47 11-26-2018 1:49 PM

This just goes to show me how hard it is to get OTHERS to shoot with me at matches let alone as a team.

How hard is it go get a bunch of buds to go shooting?

Well at organized events, pretty damn hard apparently.

Calguns.net Shooting Team 11-27-2018 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50 Caliber Karma (Post 22350690)

Interesting first post, but regardless, welcome to Calguns. We're still around, and more active on Social Media (Facebook and Instagram) then anywhere else. The average member of CGN just isn't in to competition that we see a lot of activity here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by -hanko (Post 22366354)
...and the discount codes can normally be beaten anytime Geiselle (sp??) has a sale, which every few months.

Based on that, I'd say whatever the Calguns Shooting Team may have been looks to be done for.

We typically throw up any extra discount codes we come across for others to benefit. We're alive an well, and competing around the country more than ever. Next up is Arizona State IDPA in January, followed by SHOT Show the following week, and the GSSF match in Littlefield, Az the following weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoopy47 (Post 22375985)
This just goes to show me how hard it is to get OTHERS to shoot with me at matches let alone as a team.

How hard is it go get a bunch of buds to go shooting?

Well at organized events, pretty damn hard apparently.

The competitive shooting community is a pretty tight knit group. It's typically not too difficult if frequent local ranges and events. The Calguns Community Chapters (C3) hold monthly shooting outings.

Mayor McRifle 11-27-2018 11:35 AM

Who is on this team?

Calguns.net Shooting Team 11-27-2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle (Post 22379111)
Who is on this team?

Members and Bios

Snoopy47 11-27-2018 2:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calguns.net Shooting Team (Post 22379099)
The competitive shooting community is a pretty tight knit group. It's typically not too difficult if frequent local ranges and events. The Calguns Community Chapters (C3) hold monthly shooting outings.

I am finding that out. Someone recognized me from another GSSF event. I did three this year, and from what it looks like I can do five of them next year.
That’s all I mainly have going on for 2019 (all the CA ones and Reno).

I’ve been plotting the GSSF data of those that shoot faster than me and to measure my next performance goals. You all are in that data set.

I wont have a fancy shooting team shirt. I am however on the look out for an obnoxiously loud Snoopy shirt appropriate for shooting in.

Calguns.net Shooting Team 11-28-2018 1:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoopy47 (Post 22379709)
I am finding that out. Someone recognized me from another GSSF event. I did three this year, and from what it looks like I can do five of them next year.

That’s all I mainly have going on for 2019 (all the CA ones and Reno).

I’ve been plotting the GSSF data of those that shoot faster than me and to measure my next performance goals. You all are in that data set.

I wont have a fancy shooting team shirt. I am however on the look out for an obnoxiously loud Snoopy shirt appropriate for shooting in.

It's been a couple of years since we have made the trip up to Reno, but it was always a fun match. A little cold, and windy at times, but fun nonetheless.

You should also look at Tucson, AZ (around October) they had a decent turnout of Masters this year. Not quite the 10 needed for a Performance gun in each division, but better then past years.

Crunching the data can certainly tell you a lot. Another thing to consider is that there are many versions of both 52G, and M and the different versions can change the performance times quite a bit. For example, in Azusa they run 52G V2, and the first couple of years it went out to 25yds, but the last couple of years they've brought it in to 20yds to help the stage flow a little better, but it also makes the courses that much easier.

M is also V3 or V4 with a single pepper popper which also makes for slight faster string times.

Either of those small variations could skew your data.

Bad80 10-14-2020 5:16 PM

Where were they in California? I think with the whole Covid thing starting to die down a slight bit, people are dying to get out of the house.

-hanko 10-16-2020 5:16 PM

As you can see...

...I asked the same question almost 2 years ago.

Is my yearly contribution to Calguns.net going to this team?:confused:

Calguns.net Shooting Team 10-26-2020 5:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad80 (Post 24931059)
Where were they in California? I think with the whole Covid thing starting to die down a slight bit, people are dying to get out of the house.

Two members in the Bay Area, and one in SoCal. Even with COVID, matches are still going on in several states. RoundEye just got back from USPSA Factory Gun Nationals in Florida.

Quote:

Originally Posted by -hanko (Post 24939244)
...I asked the same question almost 2 years ago.

Is my yearly contribution to Calguns.net going to this team?:confused:

Kestryll is the only one that can say for certain, but I believe the Contributor funds are mostly used to help cover the costs associated with hosting.

tlwhite0311 02-16-2022 4:35 PM

Let’s get this going again!

RacerAV 09-28-2023 2:33 PM

Looks like others have asked the same questions... is this thing dead?