Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=345)
-   -   Benjamin Gunnar Finally Available! (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1769758)

LazyJ 01-12-2022 5:21 AM

Benjamin Gunnar Finally Available!
 
https://www.pyramydair.com/product/b...r-rifle?m=5328

.30cal should be coming soon

k1dude 01-12-2022 12:57 PM

What makes this so special? The fact that Benjamin is making something that competes with other makes now?

LazyJ 01-12-2022 4:38 PM

I don't know if its special or not. Just that it was finally released for sale, it's not $2k and extra mags don't cost $50 a pop

WartHog 01-13-2022 6:37 PM

This is a Turkish designed/made PCP, is it not?

prob 01-15-2022 10:45 AM

Though I freely admit to being an unabashed airgun snob, I have to wonder why anyone would pony up $1000 for Turkish junk when, with a little searching, guns like the Daystate Huntsman are available for a similar price.

Yes, I know things like shot count will be different and the Huntsman is not a side lever, but if you want pride of ownership there really is no comparison.

LazyJ 01-15-2022 9:36 PM

Daystate is way more expensive and their magazines are through the roof!

prob 01-15-2022 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazyJ (Post 26548820)
Daystate is way more expensive and their magazines are through the roof!

As I've pointed out before, nice things don't come cheap.

Trust me, as you get more into airguns you'll be glad you spent a bit more money on quality guns. I understand the temptation to grab something inexpensive, but in the long run you'll never be happy and you'll wish you'd spent a few hundred more bucks on a Daystate, or an FX, or a Taipan, or an Edgun, or any other premium product.

Remember, forewarned is forearmed. Now you know and it'll be up to you as to whether you take my advice or not.

LazyJ 01-16-2022 7:27 AM

For me, I’m still trying to wrap my brain around $2k for a pellet rifle. I spent almost $1k on a Marauder and scope, plus I still don’t have compressor yet.

WartHog 01-16-2022 8:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prob (Post 26549010)
As I've pointed out before, nice things don't come cheap.

Trust me, as you get more into airguns you'll be glad you spent a bit more money on quality guns. I understand the temptation to grab something inexpensive, but in the long run you'll never be happy and you'll wish you'd spent a few hundred more bucks on a Daystate, or an FX, or a Taipan, or an Edgun, or any other premium product.

Remember, forewarned is forearmed. Now you know and it'll be up to you as to whether you take my advice or not.

Yeah, we get it that you're wealthy enough to buy whatever you want so just freakin' stop already. Not everyone has to have the best/most expensive toys... :facepalm:

I own a Chinese-made Xisico Sentry 705-9K .22 PCP that is well-made, reliable, powerful and accurate for pesting/plinking. It cost me a little over $400 and has been 100% reliable with over 3000 shots through it and it delivers headshots on ground squirrels out to 60 yards and isn't pellet-picky. I don't have to worry about putting a scratch or ding in it using it as a truck gun.

The Air Venturi Avenger is another great, lower-cost, reliable and accurate PCP for those on a budget or wanting to buy a first PCP.

RR.44 01-17-2022 1:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazyJ (Post 26549409)
For me, I’m still trying to wrap my brain around $2k for a pellet rifle. I spent almost $1k on a Marauder and scope, plus I still don’t have compressor yet.

The cost is relative to the performance of said pellet guns.
2k will get you a gun that will do 100yds quite readily and even can be stretched to 200 if capability allows.

Rich

For what it’s worth I passed on the compressor and just bought a quality tank, 80 gallon 3800 psi cap.

theLBC 01-18-2022 5:44 PM

so a couple people on agn were disappointed at the quality so maybe look and wait before buying.

LazyJ 01-18-2022 7:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theLBC (Post 26557871)
so a couple people on agn were disappointed at the quality so maybe look and wait before buying.

All I read on AGN was a lot of speculation.

Although I'd never buy a 1st gen firearm or air rifle..... period, it seems pointless to disregard something without having any proof first.

We shall see the Gunnar works out as more people pony up the money for it.

5 year warranty is pretty attractive for those of us that don't molest our firearms.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.