Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Friends of the NRA (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=281)
-   -   Attendance Way Down! (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1537305)

Calif Hunter 06-03-2019 8:59 AM

Attendance Way Down!
 
The Compton Hunting and Fishing Club held its FNRA dinner on Saturday, and attendance was much lower than previous years. We are usually a High Caliber Club and often win Top Net accolades. Instead of 100-120 people, there were perhaps 70.

Regardless, the food was great - many appetizers including deep fried turkeys and the main meal of a heavy salad bar, slow smoked brisket, baked beans, au gratin potatoes and cheesecake was enjoyed by all.

From what I have heard, all the FNRA events have been down this year....

wpage 06-05-2019 4:27 PM

This may be a rough time till something good breaks for the NRA.

The flack from the sleaze bag NYC lawyers and politicians is heavy.

BCA142 06-05-2019 4:32 PM

The San Jose attendance was also down. Though our table of 8 went home with 6 or 7 firearms. About the same haul as last year.

CABilly 06-09-2019 4:26 PM

Until they get their sh straight I'll save my money and time for other things. Funding WLP's suits and travel and all the internal squabbling and being more an industry lobby than citizens' action committee has turned me off.

Also, I spend a ton of $$ at dinners like this and never win anything good. I always see top prizes go to head tables and I know it's probably not rigged but I still feel like a mark at the end of the night.

Calif Hunter 06-11-2019 10:18 AM

The big spenders do win more prizes as they buy more tickets and thus increase their odds. At our dinner, we also have games to win specific guns (as I am sure most of dinners do, too.) Our dinner does have a couple smaller raffles where the odds at better - like a sponsor raffle for several guns where each sponsor gets only 1 ticket and an Early Bird raffle for a gun, where if you buy your ticket early, you get one ticket.

So are you going to contribute to CRPA, Gun Owners of America or some other pro-2A group rather than the NRA?

xsefan 06-17-2019 6:29 PM

I have never wanted to be part of the NRA.
They do to many pro gun rallies with in a week of a shooting. That's just poor taste. They also dont do much for members. A local shop owner was arrested in 2006ish for selling assault weapons. He had lowers with mags and mag catches in and a 1/4 nut on the catch. The nut was welded to the catch. The Madison society helped him and his family. All charges were dropped. The NRA never returned his wife's calls. This happened in Modesto. The owner is now in free America. Working in the gun industry .

MattyMX 06-18-2019 8:12 AM

I missed the Big Bear one this weekend.
Unexpectedly had to go into work but I heard it was a little lower that usual and it was in a smaller venue this year...

sfarchitect 06-18-2019 4:57 PM

The 'flack' from the 'sleezebag' NY Lawyers and politicians seems to be richly deserved. The 'Royalty' of the NRA have run it is their personal fiefdom for a generation. Why because they're the 'NRA' and who's gonna' say otherwise. They, like our political class, have capitulated entirely to the interests of the industry. The NRA has staked out such extremist policy positions, again serving the interests of the industry, that the majority of their membership doesn't even support them. These policy positions are, to my thinking, precisely what has lead the rest of the population of the US to see anyone that owns a gun as a 'gun nut'. They've ignored and knowingly and with full intention violated dozens of laws governing non-profits, co-mingling of funds, transfer & use of those funds etc. for equally long. There's an old saying about the law 'traveling on a leaden foot but striking with an iron fist'. It is only because it is the NRA that this took so long to happen.

No one but the NRA is to blame for what is happening to the NRA. It just couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people too.

harbormaster 06-21-2019 3:04 PM

2a Wins
 
Short of some more magazine like rulings I don't know how its possible; its not like they will get a fair shake in the media.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpage (Post 23076924)
This may be a rough time till something good breaks for the NRA.

The flack from the sleaze bag NYC lawyers and politicians is heavy.


bubbapug1 06-24-2019 4:30 PM

Top man has to go. His hubris and appetite for cash have become a burden to the organization. He's not a prophet, he's a pig. A pig that don't fly straight.

Norsemen308 06-25-2019 9:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbapug1 (Post 23141031)
Top man has to go. His hubris and appetite for cash have become a burden to the organization. He's not a prophet, he's a pig. A pig that don't fly straight.

Could not agree more.

I took my yearly membership to FPC

Garand Hunter 06-30-2019 3:27 PM

May I ask who is FPC ? Just wondering, no attitude. Thanks

Psalm 1

hermosabeach 06-30-2019 3:46 PM

Firearms Policy Coalition - they send me emails the same time Gavin sends me emails....


I am glad you do a Friends of the NRA banquet.... but maybe CRPA would be a better choice...

M76 06-30-2019 3:59 PM

Every time I hear an authoritarian dnc leftist attack and bash the NRA,
I'm glad I am a member. The dnc leftists want to see the NRA fold up,
I'll continue to support them and hope they manage to clean house.

OCEquestrian 07-02-2019 3:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbapug1 (Post 23141031)
Top man has to go... he's a pig. A pig that don't fly straight.

I am very committed member of the NRA, a life member for the last 20 some odd years and I will continue to support the NRA with my membership and my financial contributions. The NRA Is the only organization that is effective at the federal level to protect the second amendment. There is a reason that the gun grabbing Democrats Are constantly referencing the NRA. You don't hear them condemning and vilifying The Second Amendment foundation, the CRPA, or gun owners of America. Only the NRA is hated and despised by the enemies of the Constitution and the Second Amendment. That's all I need to know.

That said, clearly Wayne Lapierre has been at the helm of the NRA for far too long and needs to go.



Oldmandan 07-03-2019 6:50 AM

I agree, not interested in donating until Lapierre is gone...

Foebia 07-14-2019 2:45 PM

Misallocated resources, poor management.

I sent a life menbership with auto withdraw and never seen a withdraw. When i called the said he couldnt help me and try to sell me ither crap. Its ran horribly, i would hate to see it go but the6 need to put out instead of hiding under a rock

Joe Bishop 07-23-2019 10:01 PM

Been an NRA member for 30 years except this year. There's a lot of in fighting and mismanagement of funds ongoing. Getting back to basics, the U.S. Constitution is absolute. And regarding the 2nd Amendment, what it says, is what it means. To think that it hasn't been tested in the U.S. Supreme Court is an embarrassment to all Americans. Where is the NRA in going against California gun restrictions, ammo, magazines ect? Exactly, its all about $$$$!!

I also give to the 2nd Amendment Foundation to.

tsmithson 07-24-2019 12:01 AM

I would think if evil forces in the US and around the world sow discord and division to destroy and overthrow countryís. Maybe there are evil forces trying to destroy the NRA from within. I support all things good like Freedom and The Constitution. Inasmuch as the NRA supports these principals I am for them. I can overlook some faults (same with our President).
You donít have to be perfect to do some good.

toro1 08-01-2019 5:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCEquestrian (Post 23168587)
I am very committed member of the NRA, a life member for the last 20 some odd years and I will continue to support the NRA with my membership and my financial contributions. The NRA Is the only organization that is effective at the federal level to protect the second amendment. There is a reason that the gun grabbing Democrats Are constantly referencing the NRA. You don't hear them condemning and vilifying The Second Amendment foundation, the CRPA, or gun owners of America. Only the NRA is hated and despised by the enemies of the Constitution and the Second Amendment. That's all I need to know.

That said, clearly Wayne Lapierre has been at the helm of the NRA for far too long and needs to go.


This sums up my feelings also.

I Swan 08-01-2019 9:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calif Hunter (Post 23068173)
The Compton Hunting and Fishing Club held its FNRA dinner on Saturday, and attendance was much lower than previous years. We are usually a High Caliber Club and often win Top Net accolades. Instead of 100-120 people, there were perhaps 70.

Regardless, the food was great - many appetizers including deep fried turkeys and the main meal of a heavy salad bar, slow smoked brisket, baked beans, au gratin potatoes and cheesecake was enjoyed by all.

From what I have heard, all the FNRA events have been down this year....

I forgot about it or may have attended. I have a feeling like with gun shows that the core attendees are in many cases dying off. Are you all seeing a lot of younger fresher new faces at these events?

Most gun shows are mainly an older White male crowd and I remember these dinners being mainly the same way as well.

Harry Ono 08-02-2019 5:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Swan (Post 23266449)
I forgot about it or may have attended. I have a feeling like with gun shows that the core attendees are in many cases dying off. Are you all seeing a lot of younger fresher new faces at these events?

Most gun shows are mainly an older White male crowd and I remember these dinners being mainly the same way as well.

As far as Gun Clubs and Shows your right, but when going to the ranges I seen as young as 9 year old girls shooting with dad. There are lots of teens to 20s going to Shooting Ranges these days, but few Old White men. I also saw a group of young employees from local tech company doing a shooting day out at the range. Not bad. I dont think many 20 year old actual are aware of these social clubs and shows.

Hooligan 08-05-2019 9:45 PM

For all the spam emails and junk mail the NRA sends, I don’t recall getting notices on the Friends dinners. Do they only share my personal information with their stupid wine of the month club and not their local chapters?

Calif Hunter 08-07-2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Swan (Post 23266449)
I forgot about it or may have attended. I have a feeling like with gun shows that the core attendees are in many cases dying off. Are you all seeing a lot of younger fresher new faces at these events?

Most gun shows are mainly an older White male crowd and I remember these dinners being mainly the same way as well.

We are seeing more families, actually, with younger children, as well as individuals in their 30s, even some in their 20s. This is just at our dinner, though. Mixed races and ethnicities.

big red 08-21-2019 12:33 PM

Only NRA members can clean up the NRA. everyone else just withholds it's money. I was never a club person but i donated at local fund raising until certain people took over and when my NRA friends complained i quit donating and won't start again until they are happy with what they have. The problem is they have to clean up their own place.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.