Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Technology and Internet (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   MS Office 365 (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1708684)

Bushwack44 04-06-2021 7:03 PM

MS Office 365
 
I recently upgraded from Office 2010 to 365 (now everything is cloud based).

In regards to Outlook, I can't edit any of my contacts (I was able to in 2010).

For example, if I double click on a contact to open the record, I will get a prompt saying 'we're having trouble opening the contact'.

If I search the name of a contact, the record will open. But I have no means to edit the contact (even when trying to use the edit feature within the contact's record).

There's nothing on the Internet that tells me how to troubleshoot this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

9Cal_OC 04-06-2021 7:15 PM

Post some screen shots of the alerts and withhold and personal info.

Bushwack44 04-06-2021 7:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9Cal_OC (Post 25635500)
Post some screen shots of the alerts and withhold and personal info.

Regrding the attachments titles GAS COMPANY...f I was to double click on the CONTACT name (Gas Company), here's the prompt I always get. I can click OK, but can't edit the record.

On the second pic (GasCo2Pic), I can access the record using the search prompt, place my mouse to where it says EDIT (that's why its gray), but it will not allow me to edit the record.

ibanezfoo 04-07-2021 7:24 AM

What license level do you have?

Bushwack44 04-07-2021 10:21 AM

One license as a consumer (not a business). Tried a live chat w/ MS. Had to sign up for a service agreement (that I will cancel). Wasted 75 minutes of time. :(

ibanezfoo 04-07-2021 11:46 AM

Are you trying to do it on the web client at outlook.com or did you download the actual Office 2016 Outlook client?

Bushwack44 04-07-2021 11:58 AM

Its cloud-based as I can read the information previously inputted from my cell. I open the Outlook app (just as I do Word or Excel) from my desktop computer, using Office v18.2008.12711.0

ibanezfoo 04-07-2021 3:52 PM

For O365 there are the online apps and the local installed apps. If something isn’t working in one you should try the other. Generally the online versions kind of suck. I use them all the time. My company is all in on O365.

Preston-CLB 04-07-2021 4:04 PM

I am using the locally installed programs. I also upgraded from Office 2010. I just tried to edit a Contact and it worked as advertised.

I'd strongly suggest using the apps locally.
-P

Bushwack44 04-07-2021 7:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preston-CLB (Post 25638491)
I am using the locally installed programs. I also upgraded from Office 2010. I just tried to edit a Contact and it worked as advertised.

I'd strongly suggest using the apps locally.
-P

What do you mean by using the apps locally?

Preston-CLB 04-07-2021 9:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bushwack44 (Post 25639107)
What do you mean by using the apps locally?

"Locally" means the apps are installed on my computer, and all file handling is on my computer; nothing is done over the Web/cloud.
-P

the86d 04-08-2021 4:25 AM

I never used it, butt...
http://www.srnmicro.com/images/bo2kmain.gif

ibanezfoo 04-08-2021 4:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bushwack44 (Post 25639107)
What do you mean by using the apps locally?

On office.com click on your profile pic in the top right, to go View Account -> Office Apps/Manage -> Install Office. Download the installer and run it.

Then in your start menu you will have Excel, Outlook, all that stuff. Run your Outlook from there.

Also if you just want to use the online one try a different browser. If you are using Chrome try Edge or vice versa. Or Firefox.

Bushwack44 04-08-2021 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibanezfoo (Post 25639996)
On office.com click on your profile pic in the top right, to go View Account -> Office Apps/Manage -> Install Office. Download the installer and run it.

Then in your start menu you will have Excel, Outlook, all that stuff. Run your Outlook from there.

Also if you just want to use the online one try a different browser. If you are using Chrome try Edge or vice versa. Or Firefox.


OK... When using the "on-line" Office, I can edit the address book (can't do that when opening Outlook from a desktop icon).

I would assume I should be able to use Outlook from my desktop, edit the address book (which I can't), and it would sync with the cloud (which it isn't).

To summarize, yes, working from the cloud, I can edit the address book. Opening Office from my desktop, I can't.

ibanezfoo 04-08-2021 3:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bushwack44 (Post 25641554)
OK... When using the "on-line" Office, I can edit the address book (can't do that when opening Outlook from a desktop icon).

I would assume I should be able to use Outlook from my desktop, edit the address book (which I can't), and it would sync with the cloud (which it isn't).

To summarize, yes, working from the cloud, I can edit the address book. Opening Office from my desktop, I can't.

I have seen something similar when the local app wasnít properly activated. I donít know what the solution was, my help desk guys worked on that. Double check your license under the file and account setting.

HecklerNKoch 04-09-2021 9:18 PM

This whole thing involves a very simple export to csv then import from csv process.


I am certain there is a ton of info online.
Your choice of what to do with duplicate name entries.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.