Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Road Roaster Coffee-REMOVED- (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=455)
-   -   Who We Are and Why We Are Here (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1768312)

Road Roaster Coffee 01-05-2022 5:13 PM

Who We Are and Why We Are Here

First, it's an honor to be here. Thank you for your time.

Who are we? We are a family owned and operated coffee roasting business in Northern California. We started our business about four months after the Camp Fire burned our home and town of Paradise,CA down. Once we received our first insurance check, instead of buying tools, we decided to buy a small coffee roaster and somehow figure out how to roast coffee. Almost three years later, here we are. It's been wild. It's been scary. But damn, it's been amazing! Covid, lockdowns, economy, constant power outages... whatever, we keep pushing. We have four pillars that guide us as we navigate this new world, Community, Charity, Coffee and Fun... in that order.

I'm Nor Cal Scot. I've been around here for years. I don't contribute much, but I love coming back and reading all the threads. Of all the places on the internet, I feel like I'm on page with most people here. I'm a US Navy (AT3) Veteran with a retired Air Force Msgt dad (Vietnam) and a passed Army Air Force B-24 Navigator Grandpa (WWII). My wife is a northern California native and has worked spent her life raising amazing children and working her butt off. I WILL GET HER TO JOIN CALGUNS!

Why are we here on Calguns? Believe me, we could use spending the money in a lot of other places. We're still tiny. It's my wife, an employee and me. But there is just something about Calguns. It's feels like the America we know. People here love this amazing country. People here hold dear the values that help make it great. And very importantly, hold dear the means of which to keep it free. In our opinion, it's money well spent.

We're not just here to sell you coffee. We're also here to help with any questions you may have about coffee. We'd like to help you understand just how incredible coffee really is. As we grow here on Calguns, we'd also like to collaborate in ways that can help our community. We're not a political company and we won't get involved in politics. To us, the second amendment isn't politics. It's about personal safety and preservation of country. So, we're happy to be here and hope to contribute as positively as possible.

If you'd like to check out our website to learn more, follow this link, Road Roaster CoffeePlease let us know if you have any questions. Please tell us what kind of threads you'd like to see. Again, thank you for your time.

Garv 01-05-2022 9:50 PM

Welcome RRC

Road Roaster Coffee 01-06-2022 6:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garv (Post 26516737)
Welcome RRC

Thank you, Garv!

toiletfighter 01-06-2022 7:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Road Roaster Coffee (Post 26515750)
If you'd like to check out our website to learn more, follow this link, Road Roaster CoffeePlease let us know if you have any questions. Please tell us what kind of threads you'd like to see. Again, thank you for your time.

Welcome aboard RR! Enjoying a cup of Road Zombie right now :)

Maybe a thread on the different roasts you guys offer and the best methods to brew them. For the relative novices like myself. I noticed in the BRC thread people are asking some of those types of questions. I think it could help people get the most out of what you guys are offering. After all, this ainít no Folgers or Maxwell House!

bluenoise 01-06-2022 6:36 PM

Hey, Scot!

I'm glad to see this. This is going to be another CGN tab I keep open on my browser. :)

Road Roaster Coffee 01-07-2022 9:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluenoise (Post 26519364)
Hey, Scot!

I'm glad to see this. This is going to be another CGN tab I keep open on my browser. :)

Yeah buddy! Money well spent IMHO. I'll work on getting content in here ASAP. Let me know if you want to see anything in particular.

FatCity67 01-07-2022 10:21 AM

create sig line add site link in bold letters for both your screen names.

Sydwaiz 01-07-2022 10:40 AM

Welcome and I'm definitely keeping you in my rotation. Just finished a bag of Bravo Zulu yesterday and ripped open a bag of Road Zombie this morning!

Road Roaster Coffee 01-07-2022 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatCity67 (Post 26521243)
create sig line add site link in bold letters for both your screen names.

Outstanding! Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydwaiz (Post 26521331)
Welcome and I'm definitely keeping you in my rotation. Just finished a bag of Bravo Zulu yesterday and ripped open a bag of Road Zombie this morning!

Right on right on! I just posted a sticky with a one time 20% off coupon. Use that the next time you order. And yuuuummm... Road Zombie is divine.