Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Turner's Outdoorsman (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Guns on consignment (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1680082)

Mail Clerk 01-01-2021 8:22 AM

Guns on consignment
 
Dear Turner's Outdoorsmen,

Can you explain in detain what your corporate policy is on consignment guns?

This coming Monday I want to head to my local Turner's and inquire about a gun on consignment that is located at a store out of the area. The details show it can't be transfered.

Mail Clerk

Luciansulla 01-04-2021 9:33 AM

Correct, if they’re selling it on consignment they have to have it on the premise for 30 days before release for sale or transfer. Not sure if that was state law or a policy thing, but I suspect law.

CSACANNONEER 01-04-2021 9:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luciansulla (Post 25267599)
Correct, if they’re selling it on consignment they have to have it on the premise for 30 days before release for sale or transfer. Not sure if that was state law or a policy thing, but I suspect law.

State law.

Mail Clerk 01-08-2021 5:53 AM

OK I get it
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luciansulla (Post 25267599)
Correct, if they’re selling it on consignment they have to have it on the premise for 30 days before release for sale or transfer. Not sure if that was state law or a policy thing, but I suspect law.

Luciansulla,

OK I get it as that's what I was told. Still can't understand that if they have to wait 30 days then why was it on their shelve for sale?

Still OK as I don't need it in a rush. Just have to wait 30 days to DROS and put down a deposit to have it saved under my name.

Mail Clerk

edgerly779 01-08-2021 6:03 AM

Because someone can purchase it and start dros 10 days before it comes off 30 day hold. Ever heard of layaway? (LOL) If you want it buy it.

Creampuff 01-08-2021 6:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgerly779 (Post 25287009)
Because someone can purchase it and start dros 10 days before it comes off 30 day hold. Ever heard of layaway? (LOL) If you want it buy it.

This^^^
Several years ago there was a pristine West German p226 on cosignment for $750. No way it was going to stay on the shelves long. I was just lucky to be there when they were just placing it up for sale.

I paid for it outright, and came back in 30 days to do the DROS.

david c 01-08-2021 8:22 AM

Consignment guns do not move store to store because of paperwork and paying the original owner

Mail Clerk 01-09-2021 9:20 AM

That's what I had to do
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Creampuff (Post 25287091)
This^^^
Several years ago there was a pristine West German p226 on cosignment for $750. No way it was going to stay on the shelves long. I was just lucky to be there when they were just placing it up for sale.

I paid for it outright, and came back in 30 days to do the DROS.

Creampuff,

Thank you for your reply. In fact thank you all.

What you described is what I had to do because this revolver was in good shape and the guy in front of me was still eye balling it! Good thing my number put me ahead of him by one person and so That's how I got it! I'll be back in 30 days to start the DROS and return to get it ten days afterwards to pick it up. I should have it in my hands by mid February.

Mail Clerk:oji:


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.