Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Gunsmithing & How To (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   80% 45 acp Sig p320 question (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1555209)

clclark81 08-27-2019 8:04 AM

80% 45 acp Sig p320 question

Hello all,

I am new here and am interested in building a sig P320 chambered in 45 acp. Before I commit to the process I am trying to gather all the information that I can. I have found on the Jsd website that it is possible with “slight modification” to the FCU. From reading other threads I have found that the ejector needs to be shortened to work properly with 45 acp. However I am unable to find out what that measurement needs to be. Is here someone out there that has this info and is willing to share? In another thread I did find the info linked to another site but that site is down. Any help is greatly appreciated.

ar15barrels 08-27-2019 8:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clclark81 (Post 23352079)
Hello all,

I am new here and am interested in building a sig P320 chambered in 45 acp. Before I commit to the process I am trying to gather all the information that I can. I have found on the Jsd website that it is possible with “slight modification” to the FCU. From reading other threads I have found that the ejector needs to be shortened to work properly with 45 acp. However I am unable to find out what that measurement needs to be. Is here someone out there that has this info and is willing to share? In another thread I did find the info linked to another site but that site is down. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I can't help you with your 45acp related question but a Sig P320 can ONLY be built and kept as a single shot handgun in CA.
It's not legal to convert it to a semi-auto since around 2014 when the DOJ determined that converting a single shot into a semi-auto constitutes illegal manufacture of an unsafe handgun.

swell1957 08-27-2019 5:10 PM

Factory P320 45 ejector length is approximately .470" (11.91mm).

-Alex

Quote:

Originally Posted by clclark81 (Post 23352079)
Hello all,

alexisjohnson 09-10-2019 11:57 PM

Suggestion: Test out the ejector as is first. It may work without needing any trimming...