Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Technology and Internet (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Spelltable: paper mtg online (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1769783)

Jeff213 01-12-2022 8:55 AM

Spelltable: paper mtg online

Yes, I am a gun nerd, I am also a fishing nerd, I am also a nerd nerd. I play magic. I have been playing commander on spelltable, it lets you play magic online with paper cards, I was wondering if some of the other calguns nerds would like to play some time?

I know I can't be the only one here on calguns that likes to play commander.

I thought about posting this in off topic, but I felt like I could hit my target better here and since we are in fact playing magic over the internet it is a relevant place to post.

ocabj 01-12-2022 9:50 AM

I had to go look up the history, but I stopped playing Magic back in Mirrodin block. I dumped quite a bit of money into it back in 2001-2003 after I graduated college and I quit because of that. How much are booster boxes now a days? Back in early 2000's, I remember $65 a box was the normal non-retail price.

ibanezfoo 01-12-2022 4:08 PM

Nothing wrong with being a nerd. I am more of a super nerd myself. We have wrapped up our weekly Pathfinder sessions at work and have moved on to Warhammer 40K battles. So much money spent on tiny plastic soldiers, not to mention the time painting them. I used to play Magic back when it first came out but it just never resonated with me. We still play sometimes at work at lunch or something but I never win. My brain just doesn't flow with that game.

billofrights 01-13-2022 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibanezfoo (Post 26538385)
Nothing wrong with being a nerd. I am more of a super nerd myself. We have wrapped up our weekly Pathfinder sessions at work and have moved on to Warhammer 40K battles. So much money spent on tiny plastic soldiers, not to mention the time painting them. I used to play Magic back when it first came out but it just never resonated with me. We still play sometimes at work at lunch or something but I never win. My brain just doesn't flow with that game.

One of my biweekly gaming groups just wrapped up a Pathfinder campaign. SO. MANY. RULES. I like the 3 actions per turn vs DnD but man...so much work for the GM.

ibanezfoo 01-14-2022 9:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billofrights (Post 26540656)
One of my biweekly gaming groups just wrapped up a Pathfinder campaign. SO. MANY. RULES. I like the 3 actions per turn vs DnD but man...so much work for the GM.

I've been trying to convince them to play the only true D&D.... 2nd ed! the D20 rules are ok but I miss my tables and limited mages, etc.

billofrights 01-18-2022 3:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibanezfoo (Post 26543600)
I've been trying to convince them to play the only true D&D.... 2nd ed! the D20 rules are ok but I miss my tables and limited mages, etc.

Funny you say that, one of our guys (who owns a video game company) is constantly grousing about too much reliance on magic. He wants to try a 1st edition play through with us.