Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   New to Calguns? Check here first! (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Welcome to Calguns! (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=56576)

MrACP 03-06-2012 8:09 PM

New here

Just checking in. Still learning more about guns every day. Light to moderate user. The doctor says with a support group I should be ok... Wait which forum is this? Haha
Mostly into pistols, buts have been buying some rifles lately. I recently got a Savage 308, a Russian SKS, and a couple shot guns just for good measure.
My next "rifle is going to be a Kriss Vector SMG, just because everybody else is buying AR's, I thought I'd be different, besides I already have a truckload of 45 rounds.
I really want a CCW and my record is clean enough, but being in Sacramento county, looks like I'll have to play the waiting game or wait till 2013
I think I should be able to conceal the Kriss wearing the right shirt, haha

setty 03-06-2012 11:11 PM

I am a Director on the CRPA board, a lifetime CRPA member, an NRA member, a member of the Clovis FNRA committee, a member of the Range Pistol Club in Fresno, The Fresno Rifle and Pistol Range, The Avenal Range, the Fresno IDPA club, and the Avenal BPCR Sillouette Club. I shoot competetly in IDPA and BPCR Sillouette.

I am a Vietnam Vet as a Navy PO2 CT.
I will do anything I can to preserve our 1st and 2nd Ammendment Rights. My dad was a marine, my step sister was a marine, my step brother was a Navy Corpman in Vietman twice, my uncle was a WWII Navy SeaBee, my aunt was a corporal in the Army in WWII, 2 of my cousins were in the Navy 2 of my nephews were in the Navy, another nephew was in the Army, and both of my daughters are currently in the Air National Guard (17 years). One of my daughters is an F16 mechanic and the other one is in Construction Engineering as a surveyor and heavy equipment operator, she also spent 8 months in Iraq and a tour in Saudi Arabia.

I have listed my family's mililtary history to let you know that my family and I have earned the right to my opinion.

Gerald Setty

Ubermcoupe 03-09-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc.Sil (Post 8155959)
Hey everyone. I have used this forum as a reference many a times and figured it was due that I make an account. I'm coming back from France for a new job in June, and will be in the Market for an AR-15. Looking forward to getting some input on how to build the best AR possible in Cal. I already have my eyes on a Noveske upper

Doc.Sil,

Welcome to Calguns! Make sure you check out the centerfire rifle thread for all your AR questions and ideas. :)

Ubermcoupe 03-09-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpha-Zulu (Post 8159881)
Greetings to the Calguns forum.

It's a sincere pleasure to be a new member.

A-Z,

Welcome (Again :D )

Ubermcoupe 03-09-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50cal. (Post 8163267)
hi im pretty new to calguns great site.. lots of info, good stuff..

.50cal,

Welcome to Calguns! Glad you joined up and hope you stick around. :)

Ubermcoupe 03-09-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrACP (Post 8170683)
Just checking in. Still learning more about guns every day. Light to moderate user. The doctor says with a support group I should be ok... Wait which forum is this? Haha
Mostly into pistols, buts have been buying some rifles lately. I recently got a Savage 308, a Russian SKS, and a couple shot guns just for good measure.
My next "rifle is going to be a Kriss Vector SMG, just because everybody else is buying AR's, I thought I'd be different, besides I already have a truckload of 45 rounds.
I really want a CCW and my record is clean enough, but being in Sacramento county, looks like I'll have to play the waiting game or wait till 2013
I think I should be able to conceal the Kriss wearing the right shirt, haha

MrACP,

I hope you get that Kriss on the your LTC. Be sure to check in @ the LTC section and keep up to date. Hopefully the processing in Sacramento will speed up. Glad you joined up. :)

Ubermcoupe 03-09-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by setty (Post 8171848)
I am a Director on the CRPA board, a lifetime CRPA member, an NRA member, a member of the Clovis FNRA committee, a member of the Range Pistol Club in Fresno, The Fresno Rifle and Pistol Range, The Avenal Range, the Fresno IDPA club, and the Avenal BPCR Sillouette Club. I shoot competetly in IDPA and BPCR Sillouette.

I am a Vietnam Vet as a Navy PO2 CT.
I will do anything I can to preserve our 1st and 2nd Ammendment Rights. My dad was a marine, my step sister was a marine, my step brother was a Navy Corpman in Vietman twice, my uncle was a WWII Navy SeaBee, my aunt was a corporal in the Army in WWII, 2 of my cousins were in the Navy 2 of my nephews were in the Navy, another nephew was in the Army, and both of my daughters are currently in the Air National Guard (17 years). One of my daughters is an F16 mechanic and the other one is in Construction Engineering as a surveyor and heavy equipment operator, she also spent 8 months in Iraq and a tour in Saudi Arabia.

I have listed my family's mililtary history to let you know that my family and I have earned the right to my opinion.

Gerald Setty

Gerald,

Thank you for checking in and joining up. I am sure you are keeping up on the CRPA/CGN “stuff” that is going on but thank you for stopping by and introducing yourself. :D

BASE45 03-11-2012 1:05 AM

Hi there my name is Miles and im 18 and live in the bay area. Im an artist and i sign my paintings base45, in case you were wondering why the screen name. I recently built a XM16E1 clone from a colt m-16a1 parts kit(trap door stock isn't period accurate but its too cool.) and nds-lower. This is my first firearm so I had to do all the homework my self on it (parents aren't into guns) but I enjoy learning on my own(If it weren't for youtube id be about as smart as a rock).

All the paintings ive been selling recently are going to a romy akm build or bulg 74

Bullwhip55 03-11-2012 6:57 AM

Is there a place that lists all of the abbreviations used in here...I spend more time trying to figure what abbreviations stands for....?.Thanks For The Help...

thenut2000 03-11-2012 8:06 AM

Hello all you calgunners,

I have been browsing the site for a while and finally decided to join. I enjoy all the great info and hearing other peoples opinion.

A little about me. I have been shooting for a little over ten years and love every second of it. Besides shooting I hunt, fish, read and hike just to name a few of my favorite activities. I live in North San Diego County.

I look foreward to many discussions with all of you.

Ubermcoupe 03-11-2012 5:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BASE45 (Post 8196786)
Hi there my name is Miles and im 18 and live in the bay area. Im an artist and i sign my paintings base45, in case you were wondering why the screen name. I recently built a XM16E1 clone from a colt m-16a1 parts kit(trap door stock isn't period accurate but its too cool.) and nds-lower. This is my first firearm so I had to do all the homework my self on it (parents aren't into guns) but I enjoy learning on my own(If it weren't for youtube id be about as smart as a rock).

All the paintings ive been selling recently are going to a romy akm build or bulg 74

Miles,

Welcome to Calguns! Always glad to have another bay area member. :thumbsup:

Be sure to show off your Clone build in the centerfire rifle section.

Ubermcoupe 03-11-2012 5:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullwhip55 (Post 8197139)
Is there a place that lists all of the abbreviations used in here...I spend more time trying to figure what abbreviations stands for....?.Thanks For The Help...

There is. The Acronym Thread. Welcome to Calguns BW55. :)

TASK, LLC 03-12-2012 7:32 AM

I am a former Team Leader in the Tactics Training Unit and instructor in the Physical Training/Self Defense Unit. I am currently assigned as a sergeant in a southern California law enforcement agency.

I am also the Chief Operating Officer for TASK, LLC located in Gardena, adjacent to Los Angeles, CA.

I look forward to learning from everyone here.

-James Hwang

Alex Park 03-12-2012 2:03 PM

Hellow, everyone.
I am very glad to join Calguns.
I am a engineer and a guy who wants to learn all about a gun and to have a fun.
I will see you as often as I can thru this forum and at the range.

1d0ntkn0w 03-12-2012 3:06 PM

Been a member for a few weeks now and I just realized I haven't introduced my self :oops: great site, already have helped me alot and look forward to meeting a few of you guys.

the.22kid 03-12-2012 5:44 PM

Hello I'm the .22 kid and yup you guessed it i love .22's

SangerSam 03-12-2012 8:00 PM

Hello! Just stumbled onto this site, excited to go through these pages and learn about everything I need to know about making this my new addiction!!

bonehead04 03-12-2012 9:04 PM

Noob previously from Arizona. Will have to get used to the more 'strict' (*cough*euphemism*cough*) laws here in Cali.
Looking to get my CCW up here in Tulare Co.

secondshooter 03-13-2012 10:00 AM

Hi Folks! you have an interesting forum! i have just bought my first AR, i used them 20 years ago (nz army) they are a shocking price over here so it has taken a while to save up. look foward to meeting you folks and getting some tips and ideas from the discussions going on. cheers Tim

marcdvc 03-14-2012 7:34 PM

HI Feels great to be a member of calguns

idaho kid 03-15-2012 3:19 PM

Hi All!
Been shooting in CA for a while. I just shot my first IPSC match last weekend with the Richmond Hotshots! Great group of guys/ gals. Looks like I have a new hobby!
-Eric

steveNgn 03-16-2012 3:56 PM

Hello everyone, I just joined because a store owner referred me here. I can tell this place is a place that I can spend countless hours on. I'm getting my first 1911 and am frustrated with the wacky laws here in CALIFORNIA. :banghead: oh well... good thing I found this awesome forum!

ariestar 03-16-2012 10:17 PM

Newbie Here

Hello everyone! I am new here, I just found this while doing a search about the penal code in California & if you have to re-take the 16hour course just because you move to a new county. I had a CCW, then moved, was told that I was a "new" applicant with a one-year waiting list just to get an appointment & that I had to re-take the 16-hour course to get a permit in Sacramento County. I couldn't find that in the penal code (now I can't even find that) & am wondering if anyone knows the answer to that, but maybe I am posting this in the wrong forum.
So to introduce myself, I was born in Cali & moved out for 5 years to Colorado, which was awesome, but my family was all out here, so I reluctantly moved back to the home of Feinstein & Boxer, both of which I think I have been voting against for all of my life! Elections here are too frustrating! Who would have ever thought Jerry Brown would be governor again after screwing it up so badly the first time?
I am a firm believer in our Constitution and the 2nd Amendment, & hate how it's being trampled on & fear for our country.
It's great to find a forum with people who won't disagree with EVERYTHING I say!!!! lol:oji:

CocoTiTs 03-17-2012 12:19 PM

Hey! Great forum lookin forward to learning a lot here! And how to deal with California!
Thanks

SlickD 03-19-2012 10:19 AM

noob on calguns, Ive had a pistol for two years just got an Arsenal Ak and happy with all the info and advice here about the rifle laws in Ca.

Jesus 03-20-2012 11:08 PM

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. Hopefully I will learn alot from you guys.

Blingin 03-22-2012 2:07 AM

Hey Ubermcoupe,

thanks for the reply and I'll be sure to check that like out before I start my build. I have roughly a grand to get started but that is by no means my total budget. I'm hoping to end around 2,500 or so. Not too sure.

Thanks for getting back to me though. It's much appreciated:)

Stephen

JDH1974 03-22-2012 11:58 AM

Just got my first handgun (I hunt and have stuck to shotguns/rifles). I've been looking around the web and found this, so I had to join.

jsgunner 03-22-2012 2:54 PM

Hello everyone, my name is Juan. I live in Burbank, California. I am college student who plans on majoring on environmental health. I currently do not own any firearms but plan on owning one this year. Also, I'm currently reading "How to own a gun and stay out of jail" by John Machtinger. It's very informative book. I would recommend this book to everyone. Further more, what inspired me to get a firearm was the t.v. series Top Shot. and other documentaries

I look forward to share ideas with everyone. Thank you.

pms542 03-22-2012 8:55 PM

Hello

I am a new member as of today. I was made aware of the sight through the guys at Bullseye Firearms in Castro Valley. They told me that this would be a good sight to seek out a seller of a Stoeger Luger 22. I hope I'm going about this the right way. If anyone has knowledge of someone that would like to discuss a sale of one at a price point around $250, please contact me.

Thanks for your help.

:)

bsg 03-22-2012 9:09 PM

welcome to the forum.

BigCumfy 03-23-2012 2:37 PM

Just joined today! Thanks for all the great info. I recently just took a handgun safety class and loved it!! Especially the gun range part! Been researching what me 1st gun should be. I figured a 9mm for my wife and I. After hearing everyone say Glock this Glock that, I ultimately didn't like the feel in my hand. Next I kept reading about SA XDm's. As i researched, I found that I live in a state that really restricts what I can and can't buy. How many rounds I'm limited to. I can't even test an XDm. I did enjoy my experience with an XD and I've read that the XDm's are even better. But how do I get one in CA?!!? Thanks to CalGuns, I've learned all about the laws and especially some exemptions. I'm currently waiting for my new XDm 9mm 4.5" (Bitone) to come in!!! I can't wait!!!! Thanks Calguns!! I'm still learning how to shoot and building my armory so I hope the Zombie Apocalypse doesn't happen anytime soon!!

HK Chef 03-24-2012 11:21 PM

Hello all,

Name is Joe.I was doing some searching and was happy to find this site.. I currently live in Alaska and will be moving back to Orange County in 2 months. I have a few questions and just have to find the area to post them :-)

socalsni76 03-25-2012 1:56 PM

Just joined the Forum. Lots of great information here, will be reading a lot!
On my way to building an AR15.

Mstang-50 03-26-2012 12:08 AM

New here!
Long time reader, first time poster!
I'm glad I finally joined

Sabesimpson 03-26-2012 5:17 PM

Hi all I am also pretty new to the forum! I would like to say HELLO and BE SAFE to all!

TheGrownUpKid 03-26-2012 6:17 PM

Greetings

Hello gentlemembers, glad to finally be joining after years of reading. Hailing from Northern CA.

Mountain Max 03-28-2012 9:53 PM

Hello everyone! New to Calguns. Just donated... glad to be part of a great community!

-Max

Mbuck909 03-29-2012 8:04 AM

Hello all. My name is Marty and I live in So Cali. Found this forum researching stuff for my Mosin Nagant. Use to shoot when I was a kid and now just getting back into it. Purchased a XD 9mm in december and have been having fun at the range with it. Just picked up my Mosin this month and have only put 40 rounds through it so far. I'm also intersted in reloading but havent been able to find a good local place to buy supplies. Anyone know of any good places.

Thanks

Bambino83 03-29-2012 11:03 AM

Hello! Happy to be here. I've been on Cal Guns for a few months now and I like what I see. I've actually sold a rifle of mine to another member a few weeks ago.
??? I received an "iTrader Rating", how do I view that??
Thanks.