Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   New to Calguns? Check here first! (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Welcome to Calguns! (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=56576)

Dmitri Molotov 04-07-2009 11:18 AM

Hey guys. I'm coming from El Dorado County.
I don't really consider myself liberal anymore (due to their misguided opinions on gun law, nuclear power, etc.) but my political views are mainly progressive with a few libertarian aspects. Most importantly though, I'm a California Secessionist. So if nothing else, I should at least bring some interesting conversation to the table. :)
Currently I don't own any guns (I'm only in high school) but I plan on getting a Taurus PT1911 or a Beretta Px4 .45 when I come of age, and openly carrying. I definitely consider myself a gun enthusiast though.

Ghostwheel 04-08-2009 9:12 AM

Just saying Hi

Howdy,

I'm only recently discovered this site; but it is quickly becoming of of my 'most visited' sites according to my Firefox toolbar. I have found particularly useful the discussion on Bug Out Bags. Up until now my bug out gear was basically my Burning Man gear, with a few extra supplies tossed in. Thanks to the discussion here, I'm making some significant additions.

So, I just wanted to say Hi, Thanks, and I'll see you in the Forums.

-Chris

Powaaa 04-08-2009 8:18 PM

Yo!

I was referred to this site by a buddy of mine at work, who will remain anonymous. Well, I don't know his user name. Sucks. Thanks for having me. Oh, I just picked up my CMMG Lower today from Irvington Arms. Can't wait to build up the AR. Just wanted to introduce myself and say, nObama!

-Nars

You-Two 04-09-2009 7:33 PM

I am Active Duty AF moving back to NorCal after 14 years away. Looking to find out more info on CA gun laws, etc. Looks like a great site!

RossRinSD 04-09-2009 7:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tumbleweed (Post 2296649)
I am Active Duty AF moving back to NorCal after 14 years away. Looking to find out more info on CA gun laws, etc. Looks like a great site!

Where are you going to be stationed?

Big048 04-10-2009 7:25 AM

Hello all. Been trolling your forums for a couple days and I like what I see. I'm not a gun expert by any stretch of the imagination but I am an enthusiast. One other quick note about myself, I am a Manager at a Bay Area (South Bay) Big 5 Sporting Goods. So feel free to ask me anything about Big 5, no complaints please, I only deal with those while being paid. :yes:

Roadrunner 04-12-2009 4:30 PM

Test test test. Is this thing working? I'm brandie newie here so please cut me a break. All of the stuff I've been hearing about Obama and guns prompted me to do some local searching, and then I found this website. It seems like people here are also pretty fed up with what's happening, so am I at the right place? I think I'll look around and save my questions for later.

By the way, Happy Easter.

KAVEMAN762 04-13-2009 6:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadrunner (Post 2310121)
...........stuff I've been hearing about Obama and guns prompted me to do some local searching, and then I found this website. It seems like people here are also pretty fed up with what's happening, so am I at the right place?....................

Welcome!! you are correct! Well for the majority of the folks here. There are some obama supporters on here I think, but Im sure as helll not one of them:)
have fun taking in lots of information

Can'thavenuthingood 04-13-2009 8:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big048 (Post 2298714)
Hello all. Been trolling your forums for a couple days and I like what I see. I'm not a gun expert by any stretch of the imagination but I am an enthusiast. One other quick note about myself, I am a Manager at a Bay Area (South Bay) Big 5 Sporting Goods. So feel free to ask me anything about Big 5, no complaints please, I only deal with those while being paid. :yes:

Welcome aboard.
New guy brings the ammo. Luckily you work with it so it'll be easy for you:)

I don't know that we have that many actual experts but we each know plenty about something and that adds to the collective knowledge of Calguns. We'll pick it apart until we get a good answer.

See you out abd about,

Vick

Stormtrooperthunder 04-13-2009 1:19 PM

Hi guys/gals

I am 19 and a resident of the bay area, san jose to be exact.

I was referred to calguns by a gentlemen I met in Big5 searching for some 91/30's, which I still cannot find ;____;.

I hope to learn a lot from this community

GJC 04-13-2009 6:52 PM

New Here from San Diego area

Well been lurking for a couple days and decided to join. I was taught to shoot and responsibility about firearms from my Awsome Grandfather. Have finally decided (should have done so a long time ago) to purchase my first handgun. I settled on a SIG SAUE SP2022 in 9mm. Can't wait to start taking it to the range often. 8 days and 12 hrs to go :rolleyes:

sleepiemonkee 04-13-2009 8:12 PM

Hello!

Hello guys,

Same with GJC, I've been lurking around reading up as much as I can on OLLs, PPTs, FFLs, and all the crazy acronyms that goes with our great state's gun laws. This site is professional and informative. Thanks for all the hard work and dedication to make this site so.

I'm currently waiting my 10 days (finishing up on the 21st of April) to receive my first pistol which is a SIG P225/P6. As I'm a big fan of SIGs, I'm currently on a personal mission to collect some semi-rare models to shoot and have as a personal defense gun.

I look forward to many more intriguing threads!

Big Cholla 04-14-2009 2:41 PM

Ditto on all the "Hellos". I lurked for all of about 5 minutes and saw that this was a quality site. I live in So. Nevada and am about to retire from active Law Enforcement to play with my guns, gunsmithing and motorcycles. I will contribute when I can, comment when I am compelled to do so and will enjoy reading the learned posts by my fellow gunnies. ........... Big Cholla

bshnt2015 04-15-2009 9:05 PM

New

Hi to all from norcal/bayarea. I've been reading so long here and finally decided to jump in. Be safe everyone.

tmncali 04-15-2009 11:27 PM

Hello,

Im in So-Cal, I have wandered in here after increased chatter after the election. I am happy to have found this place. I really enjoyed reading about the UOC events and responses.

Well hello to all, and good luck to us all.

Mason McDuffie 04-15-2009 11:30 PM

Welcome man.

yarry23 04-16-2009 2:47 PM

Hello all,

Names Yarry, and I live in sunny Santa Cruz, CA. Been firing rifles forever as a kid up in the Santa Cruz Moutains where I grew up, and have been shooting long rifles with my Dad ever since.

Just got into pistol shooting (got myself a Kimber Eclipse2 1911) and boy do I have a lot to learn! I met an awesome guy named Chris at the Scotts Valley Range today who not only helped me with my firing stance (getting me to actually herd my shots towards what I had intended them to hit) but turned me on to you guys. Now I have two things to thank him for. ;)

I am one of those rare breeds of "Gun Toting Librals", but hopefully you wont hold that against me. That being said, I *AM* interested in seeing how I might get an AR-15. Hopefully these forums will help provide me the answer.

Cheers, and look forward to getting to know you folks better!

~~yarry

Marsoc1 04-17-2009 5:28 AM

Hello calgunners,

My name is Andrew and im from the southern california in the city of Alhambra and i have a problem...I like guns Lol

I am a proud owner of a ar15 in which i begun my collection last year so im fairly new to owning a weapon. In july ive taken the task of building my first two ar lowers, but as fast as everything started up for my projects i was quickly cut down to size. A month later I believe i was molested by the system and stripped of all weapons (real and airsoft alike) due to poorly informed law enforcement. So here i am today to support my fellow california gun owners as well as receive support. As well as chat about something new and cool from the ar industries :)

Islanti 04-17-2009 10:51 AM

Hello folks,

My name is Adrian and I live in Coto de Caza, a small community in South Orange County. I'm not a current gun owner but have always been interested in gun ownership. A variety of factors led me here. I'm looking to educate myself more in advance of purchasing. My wife and I (and eventually our two sons) are both looking to learn to handle, clean, and shoot guns properly.

As I've been researching gun ownership in California I've become increasingly frustrated and confused. I'll try to keep the questions to a minimum and read to soak up the collective wisdom.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to participating.

mowrey1999 04-19-2009 12:41 PM

Hello fellow enthusiasts

Just wanted to introduce my self and say the site looks great with a lot of interesting ideas and features, I look foreward to adding any useful information that may help others as well as getting some, I have always had a combination of firearms,knives,Bows and most survival items and enjoy camping , hunting, survival , fitness and more, Hope to get to know everyone better get a lot of useful information here,

Dr. Flesh Bot 04-21-2009 12:00 AM

Hi,

I've been a frequent guest visitor to Calguns for a little more than a year now, and I figured today would be as good a day as any to start getting actively involved.

Thanks in large part to the information provided on this forum, I was able to purchase and assemble my first OLL rifle, and am in the process of acquiring a second.

That's all for now.

SkyCopTSN 04-21-2009 9:23 AM

Hope this works. I'm a little tech challenged so bear with me. Joined today to further my ability to interact with similar minds. I'm an Orange County attorney and recent casualty of the "New Sheriff in Town"s Draconian crusade against CCWs. Look forward to participating, particularly in the legal and political arena.

sergeantrex 04-21-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyCopTSN (Post 2353516)
Hope this works. I'm a little tech challenged so bear with me. Joined today to further my ability to interact with similar minds. I'm an Orange County attorney and recent casualty of the "New Sheriff in Town"s Draconian crusade against CCWs. Look forward to participating, particularly in the legal and political arena.

Welcome to Calguns. The more attorneys the better!

bravo6four 04-22-2009 7:37 AM

New to Calguns

After searching the net, I was lucky to find this site. Relatively new to forums and tried searching for my question but to no avail. I own 1 post ban Eagle Arms EA15 and 1 Post Ban Armalite M15. Both were registered as Assault Weapons before the 2000 deadline. I brought them to a range 2 weeks ago after being in my safe for 6 years and I was denied entry because I did not have my registration paperwork on me. I thought that was weird but like I mentioned, I have not been out in 6 years. So paranoia aside, I should be ok if I go back with my paperwork right? Also after exhaustively searching the net, it seems that I can add whatever features to my rifles now since they are both registered right? My EA15 has a collapsible stock and I wanted to add a new 16" upper. Considering purchasing the LaRue Stealth Series with a 16" barrel, flash suppressor, and RIS. I'm ok dong that right? Also on my Armalite M15 it's a standard 20" but was considering making it another legal length carbine. Am I doing anything that is not legal? Any advice is welcomed. Thanks for having me and looking forward to sharing tips/advice/stories with other folks that are in this sport.

P.G.C. 04-24-2009 2:12 PM

Hi, all!

Just registered and am diggin' the site. I grew up shooting with my pop and now I have a daughter and twin sons I plan to raise shooting safely as well.

USAFTS 04-26-2009 6:08 PM

Hello,

New guy here. The site looks impressive. I have already read a stack of information that has encouraged me quite a bit.

Thanks

kmarch316 04-27-2009 6:39 AM

Hello fellow firearms lovers~

My name is Katie and I found this wonderful place yesterday. Glad to be here!! :thumbsup:

HondaMasterTech 04-27-2009 3:08 PM

Just registered. Looking forward to learning and sharing.

ruben55 04-27-2009 6:22 PM

What up, Just registared and new to CalGuns. Hello to fellow Gun Owners!!!

SAUCE 04-27-2009 8:46 PM

Hello, I've been visiting and reading a lot of good info here and decided to become a member. Looking forward to learning and sharing lots more. Just a novice shooter but burning powder almost weekly (when moneys not too tight).

Gunfun 04-28-2009 12:55 AM

Hi everybody, I've been enjoying this site for years and appreciate all of the good information that I've read. I watched the transition from Gunscal to here and just finally joined. I know, I'm slow =)

DaveRM 04-28-2009 2:44 AM

hello everyone,

watched the forum for some time and finally registered. Nice site! I hope to learn as well as share info.

jrod014 04-28-2009 8:03 AM

Hey everyone,

A little about myself. I'm a proud combat vet who likes shooting, golf, and beer! I also like to do web design and developement on my free time. I live in the San Fernando valley outside Los Angeles.

I look forward to this forum and to see what others have to say.

umoja 04-28-2009 1:03 PM

Hey everyone, just registered because I've lurked this site before for good info on California laws (this place is almost like it's own encyclopedia), and figured I'd register so I could support the cause. I like California but I hate the gun laws here, and I figure while I'm here I might as well do something about it.

DoubleAgentM 04-28-2009 7:28 PM

Just starting out...

Hi everyone,

I just registered a couple days ago and just placed an order for a MEGA Gator lower and charging handle assembly :)

This will be my first build and the first owned firearm. I am looking forward to reading all the informative posts and seeing all those awesome black rifles.

Thanks,

Danny

damilfman 04-29-2009 10:17 AM

hey everyone,

I've been a long time visitor on this forum, but I finally stepped and registered. Everyone for the most seems to be humble and friendly here. I hate the state we live in but hopefully by the end of the year if things work out Iwill be moving out of here into a free state....yyyyyaaaaayyyyy!!! Anyways I hope to pick up a lot of valuable info from here as well as contribute.

paintballergb 04-29-2009 10:43 AM

Welcome the both of you. We have a rule here that you have to give something to the first person who welcomes you. PM for my address.

goardheart 04-30-2009 9:49 AM

New Guy

Hi I'm Thomas from Stockton. I'm active duty military currently serving in Afghanistan. I'm avid gun enthusiast, I've had an opportunity to shoot a lot of different weapons, I'm much better with some than I am with others. But I'm looking to learn as much as I can from the other members here and continue honing my skills. And maybe I can pass a little knowledge on to someone else as well. Glad I stumbled on the site.

Ditch 04-30-2009 2:02 PM

Al from San Diego:thumbsup:

Gio Rez 04-30-2009 10:37 PM

Hey, this is Gio from Sacramento.
Wouldn't mind meeting other Sacramento Calgunners.