Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   New to Calguns? Check here first! (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Welcome to Calguns! (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=56576)

bsg 11-07-2015 8:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dv82 (Post 17181297)
Hello everyone,

I'm an active duty Marine Gunnery Sergeant currently deployed, but unfortunately stationed at Camp Lejeune, NC. I've been in the Corps for over 15 years, spending almost all my time at Camp Pendleton, CA. I'm an infantry Marine and recently selected for the Chief Warrant Officer 2, (Marine Gunner) Infantry Weapons Officer program. I will be spending much of 2016 in Quantico, VA and then hopefully receiving orders back to an infantry battalion on the West Coast.

I'm originally from the Central Valley in CA, have been around guns since I can remember, and have continued this with my two boys. I love bird hunting, specifically dove and quail, and have been taking my two boys since they were five. My oldest is now 15 and has had his Jr Hunting License since he was 12.

welcome to the forum.

bsg 11-07-2015 8:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxx (Post 17176786)
Hello all.

My name is Foxx. I have been lurking around your forums for some time now, but decided that perhaps it was time to introduce myself and become part of the community rather than just a wallflower. I have been shooting long guns for most of my life, and learning more about firearms has always been one of my interests since as far back as I can remember. I look forward to joining you all in the forums and hope that I can contribute to this group as much as I have gotten out of it already.

It's nice to meet you all! ^.^

welcome to the forum.

GMG 11-07-2015 9:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dv82 (Post 17181297)
Hello everyone,

I'm an active duty Marine Gunnery Sergeant currently deployed, but unfortunately stationed at Camp Lejeune, NC. I've been in the Corps for over 15 years, spending almost all my time at Camp Pendleton, CA. I'm an infantry Marine and recently selected for the Chief Warrant Officer 2, (Marine Gunner) Infantry Weapons Officer program. I will be spending much of 2016 in Quantico, VA and then hopefully receiving orders back to an infantry battalion on the West Coast.

I'm originally from the Central Valley in CA, have been around guns since I can remember, and have continued this with my two boys. I love bird hunting, specifically dove and quail, and have been taking my two boys since they were five. My oldest is now 15 and has had his Jr Hunting License since he was 12.

Welcome aboard and thank you for your service Gunny !

MATThematical 11-07-2015 9:03 PM

Hi, everyone!

My name is Matt and I live in southern California. I'm a new shooter and am very much enjoying learning about the world of firearms. I have a Glock 17, a Ruger American .22LR rifle, and a Ruger Security-Six .357 magnum revolver (the last gun being a gift from my Dad, who is in law enforcement). I'm taking courses through Self-Defense Firearms Training in Azusa.

I teach mathematics at the college level and in my free time I also enjoy photography and spending time with family and friends.

keyguy 11-08-2015 8:41 PM

Hey I'm Josh. I'm from Fresno. I'm a newer shooter. I've been to Front Sight once and it was awesome. I Graduated the 4 day defensive hand gun class as a Distinguished Graduate(I think I got lucky lol). Next will be the skill builders class :)

Garv 11-08-2015 8:44 PM

Welcome folks!

CCKane 11-09-2015 7:02 AM

Greetings,
new member here. I registered because, like the rest of you, I live in the late great golden state, California, not exactly a gun enthusiast's paradise. I figure this will be a good place to spend some time as I get back into shooting. I was an active range shooter back in the 1980's, owning a few guns, ranging from a 1911 pistol to a .50 black powder rifle, and I really enjoyed the shooting sport. Somehow I fell out of it, a few kids, a few wives, career changes, etc. Now I find myself with no guns, but a hankering to get back into shooting. I will probably be purchasing a 9mm pistol soon to restart the hobby and see where it goes from there.
Anyway, thanks for the forum.
Best regards,
Cliff

Garv 11-09-2015 7:05 AM

Welcome back CCK.

bsg 11-09-2015 7:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCKane (Post 17190259)
Greetings,
new member here. I registered because, like the rest of you, I live in the late great golden state, California, not exactly a gun enthusiast's paradise. I figure this will be a good place to spend some time as I get back into shooting. I was an active range shooter back in the 1980's, owning a few guns, ranging from a 1911 pistol to a .50 black powder rifle, and I really enjoyed the shooting sport. Somehow I fell out of it, a few kids, a few wives, career changes, etc. Now I find myself with no guns, but a hankering to get back into shooting. I will probably be purchasing a 9mm pistol soon to restart the hobby and see where it goes from there.
Anyway, thanks for the forum.
Best regards,
Cliff

welcome to the forum.

SOULS_Kaiser 11-10-2015 11:55 AM

Hi everyone. Also new.

I live in Los Angeles and came here to sell some stuff that's just been sitting in my storage :)

freescopesdad 11-11-2015 7:32 AM

Hi, I'm Ron in Sacramento. USN (retired). I own a handgun (G19) but considering my first AR15. Looking forward to milking this forum for lots of good advice.

LL559 11-11-2015 3:22 PM

Hi all, I'm new to the group, and glad to say I just got a new purdy Sig Sauer p238!!
I'm in Fresno and a mama of 3 young children...looking into getting my CCW and was referred to this group because I had a question about what I should write on the paperwork for GC besides the obvious, personal protection... any advice, or can you point to the correct thread to post this question. Thanks, I'm excited to learn as much as possible from this group :notworthy:

the-right-way 11-11-2015 3:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOULS_Kaiser (Post 17196518)
Hi everyone. Also new.

I live in Los Angeles and came here to sell some stuff that's just been sitting in my storage :)

Hopefully you will also share some knowledge . Everyone loves a good buy though

readysetgo 11-11-2015 4:22 PM

Welcome all new members! Glad to have you here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOULS_Kaiser (Post 17196518)
Hi everyone. Also new.

I live in Los Angeles and came here to sell some stuff that's just been sitting in my storage :)

Sell your stuff and pull up a chair friend. The marketplace on Calguns is a great resource but it's only a small part of this community.
Quote:

Originally Posted by LL559 (Post 17202055)
Hi all, I'm new to the group, and glad to say I just got a new purdy Sig Sauer p238!!
I'm in Fresno and a mama of 3 young children...looking into getting my CCW and was referred to this group because I had a question about what I should write on the paperwork for GC besides the obvious, personal protection... any advice, or can you point to the correct thread to post this question. Thanks, I'm excited to learn as much as possible from this group :notworthy:

Great to have you ll559! Glad you're being responsibly proactive for those precious youngin's.

For your question on Good Cause, which you probably know can differ based on County of residence, try posting/reading up in this sub-forum: Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum

Good luck. :D

KingChiron 11-11-2015 5:24 PM

Welcome to the community everyone! Learn safe and have fun!

Quote:

Originally Posted by readysetgo (Post 17202321)
For your question on Good Cause, which you probably know can differ based on County of residence, try posting/reading up in this sub-forum: Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum

Good luck. :D

Beat me to it :)

bsg 11-11-2015 9:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freescopesdad (Post 17199895)
Hi, I'm Ron in Sacramento. USN (retired). I own a handgun (G19) but considering my first AR15. Looking forward to milking this forum for lots of good advice.

welcome to the forum.

ztuz55 11-13-2015 11:23 AM

Hi im Dave i live in the Desert . I own several guns. Both hand and rifle.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

ScubaWino 11-14-2015 11:21 AM

Hello from Sacramento
 
Good morning everyone. I'd like to introduce myself since I was just informed of this site this morning and had to come see.
I live in Sacramento with my wife of 20 years and our 6 year old son. Moved up here from SoCal in 1998.

I am prior military 86-94. Spent all of my time at Ft Lewis in Wa. state. Loved it, but there's no place like home.

I am an avid shooter and have visited most of the ranges here in town and surrounding areas as well as most gun and ammo stores hunting for best pricing.

I own two handguns and an AR platform, so if anyone is in the area and looking for a shooting buddy, i'm in.

I am self employed and have lots of time on my hands to go play.

I'm looking forward to meeting new friends and learning new things.

Thanks

ScubaWino

GMG 11-14-2015 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScubaWino (Post 17215851)
Good morning everyone. I'd like to introduce myself since I was just informed of this site this morning and had to come see.
I live in Sacramento with my wife of 20 years and our 6 year old son. Moved up here from SoCal in 1998.

I am prior military 86-94. Spent all of my time at Ft Lewis in Wa. state. Loved it, but there's no place like home.

I am an avid shooter and have visited most of the ranges here in town and surrounding areas as well as most gun and ammo stores hunting for best pricing.

I own two handguns and an AR platform, so if anyone is in the area and looking for a shooting buddy, i'm in.

I am self employed and have lots of time on my hands to go play.

I'm looking forward to meeting new friends and learning new things.

Thanks

ScubaWino

Welcome aboard scuba !

Garv 11-15-2015 11:38 AM

Welcome

readysetgo 11-17-2015 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ztuz55 (Post 17210451)
Hi im Dave i live in the Desert . I own several guns. Both hand and rifle.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Welcome ztuz55! See you posted up a M6 Scout, nice, those are fun little survival guns. Never seen the factory optics for that either, cool.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScubaWino (Post 17215851)
Good morning everyone. I'd like to introduce myself since I was just informed of this site this morning and had to come see.
I live in Sacramento with my wife of 20 years and our 6 year old son. Moved up here from SoCal in 1998.

I am prior military 86-94. Spent all of my time at Ft Lewis in Wa. state. Loved it, but there's no place like home.

I am an avid shooter and have visited most of the ranges here in town and surrounding areas as well as most gun and ammo stores hunting for best pricing.

I own two handguns and an AR platform, so if anyone is in the area and looking for a shooting buddy, i'm in.

I am self employed and have lots of time on my hands to go play.

I'm looking forward to meeting new friends and learning new things.

Thanks

ScubaWino

Welcome aboard scubawino! Great intro and glad you found us, this resource (Calguns) is a truly great one for firearms owners in California. There's some great Calgunners in Sacramento area, hopefully you can hook up with some of them.

Keep an eye on our community sub-forums for meet ups: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...play.php?f=289

staticbzer 11-18-2015 12:25 AM

hello everyone! new guy here, hoping to get educated by the experts! from sf, born and raised. chat with you all soon.

ztuz55 11-18-2015 9:40 AM

Its such a fun gun to shoot. I will truely hate to part with it. If I part with it.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

KingChiron 11-18-2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staticbzer (Post 17233167)
hello everyone! new guy here, hoping to get educated by the experts! from sf, born and raised. chat with you all soon.

Welcome to the community!

Here's the link to your local Bay Area Chapter:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...play.php?f=304

Garv 11-18-2015 11:39 AM

Welcome static.

Monkely 11-18-2015 2:20 PM

How to post ad?
 
Does anyone know how to post ad ? Kind of confusing. Please help.

vmumford 11-18-2015 2:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staticbzer (Post 17233167)
hello everyone! new guy here, hoping to get educated by the experts! from sf, born and raised. chat with you all soon.

Welcome home brother.

vmumford 11-18-2015 2:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCKane (Post 17190259)
Greetings,
new member here. I registered because, like the rest of you, I live in the late great golden state, California, not exactly a gun enthusiast's paradise. I figure this will be a good place to spend some time as I get back into shooting. I was an active range shooter back in the 1980's, owning a few guns, ranging from a 1911 pistol to a .50 black powder rifle, and I really enjoyed the shooting sport. Somehow I fell out of it, a few kids, a few wives, career changes, etc. Now I find myself with no guns, but a hankering to get back into shooting. I will probably be purchasing a 9mm pistol soon to restart the hobby and see where it goes from there.
Anyway, thanks for the forum.
Best regards,
Cliff

Hey welcome Cliff. Good to hear you got all that other crap out of the way so you can be with us again.

vmumford 11-18-2015 2:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LL559 (Post 17202055)
Hi all, I'm new to the group, and glad to say I just got a new purdy Sig Sauer p238!!
I'm in Fresno and a mama of 3 young children...looking into getting my CCW and was referred to this group because I had a question about what I should write on the paperwork for GC besides the obvious, personal protection... any advice, or can you point to the correct thread to post this question. Thanks, I'm excited to learn as much as possible from this group :notworthy:

Welcome LL

Put the question out the folks and you will get a ton of answers. My $.02
(To protect agents an active shooter)
Love Sig's

vmumford 11-18-2015 2:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScubaWino (Post 17215851)
Good morning everyone. I'd like to introduce myself since I was just informed of this site this morning and had to come see.
I live in Sacramento with my wife of 20 years and our 6 year old son. Moved up here from SoCal in 1998.

I am prior military 86-94. Spent all of my time at Ft Lewis in Wa. state. Loved it, but there's no place like home.

I am an avid shooter and have visited most of the ranges here in town and surrounding areas as well as most gun and ammo stores hunting for best pricing.

I own two handguns and an AR platform, so if anyone is in the area and looking for a shooting buddy, i'm in.




I am self employed and have lots of time on my hands to go play.

I'm looking forward to meeting new friends and learning new things.

Thanks

ScubaWino

Welcome Scuba and thanks for your service

readysetgo 11-18-2015 2:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staticbzer (Post 17233167)
hello everyone! new guy here, hoping to get educated by the experts! from sf, born and raised. chat with you all soon.

Welcome aboard staticbzer!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkely (Post 17235714)
Does anyone know how to post ad ? Kind of confusing. Please help.

Welcome monkely. Before you think of posting an ad, please read through the RULES. I'll give you a brief intro.

Marketplace here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...splay.php?f=91

Choose your sub-forum depending on category of your item...handgun, long gun, accessories, etc etc.

Click on "NEW THREAD" in the top left corner of the page.

Make your title. Include as much detail as you can fit, especially helpful for buyers will be location and price in the title.

List your item details in the body of the message, pics help a lot.

Submit your post.

Voila.

vmumford 11-18-2015 2:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freescopesdad (Post 17199895)
Hi, I'm Ron in Sacramento. USN (retired). I own a handgun (G19) but considering my first AR15. Looking forward to milking this forum for lots of good advice.

Welcome Free

Thanks for your service. :patriot:

vmumford 11-18-2015 2:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keyguy (Post 17189208)
Hey I'm Josh. I'm from Fresno. I'm a newer shooter. I've been to Front Sight once and it was awesome. I Graduated the 4 day defensive hand gun class as a Distinguished Graduate(I think I got lucky lol). Next will be the skill builders class :)

Welcome Josh. Glad to have you

James Danger Harvey 11-19-2015 1:43 PM

Greenhorn Poster, Hola fellow Cali Bang Bang lovers!
 
Been parasitically absorbing forum intel for years, Now finally permanently absorbed by host.

Basic Me: Ak platform cultist, combat reliability.

Proud owner of a sadly unused Front Site Diamond Membership Card.

Collector and firm believer in the My Gun is Bigger Than Your Gun (male) Complex.

Armchair gunsmith..Practice Krav Maga way of life, Good listener and Intel soaker upper. Likes to use Capitol Letters Incorrectly..

R.I.P. Fortress America Project, it was good training with you guys. :(

Looking forward to interacting with fellow Calguns Members! In THIS state of Victim Enforcing Laws we need each other.

readysetgo 11-19-2015 9:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Danger Harvey (Post 17240750)
Been parasitically absorbing forum intel for years, Now finally permanently absorbed by host.

Basic Me: Ak platform cultist, combat reliability.

Proud owner of a sadly unused Front Site Diamond Membership Card.

Collector and firm believer in the My Gun is Bigger Than Your Gun (male) Complex.

Armchair gunsmith..Practice Krav Maga way of life, Good listener and Intel soaker upper. Likes to use Capitol Letters Incorrectly..

R.I.P. Fortress America Project, it was good training with you guys. :(

Looking forward to interacting with fellow Calguns Members! In THIS state of Victim Enforcing Laws we need each other.

:laugh: Cool intro, welcome aboard JDH!

You can be absorbed and regurgitated until you morph into something else altogether.

Hang together or hang separately, surely.


Garv 11-19-2015 10:00 PM

Welcome JDH

SimiValleyMike 11-21-2015 11:39 AM

New from SoCal
 
just joined up - friend from my iDPA clinic told me its a great site.

Cheers!

:79:

readysetgo 11-21-2015 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimiValleyMike (Post 17249831)
just joined up - friend from my iDPA clinic told me its a great site.

Cheers!

:79:

Welcome SimiValleyMike! I certainly think it's a great site, hope you find it useful too.

Calgunners shoot for free last Friday of every month in Ventura @ Island View Ent indoor range. Next up...Black Friday 11/27/15, avoid the madness, join the radness! :laugh:


Thread here: Ventura County Monthly Shoot - Now FREE Shooting at IVE

moedergham 11-21-2015 1:23 PM

Hello friends, I just joined up, looking for fiends to got target shooting with and I have a question on how ans where and what is the best site to sell some of my weapons.
Cheers,
Moe

Garv 11-21-2015 1:33 PM

Welcome moeder.

This is the place to sell your stuff.
Go to the "Marketplace" and check it out.

For target friends post up a new thread in the "Calguns Community" forum at one of the chapters nearest to you. Several of them have monthly meetups.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.