Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Ojai Valley Gun Club (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=445)
-   -   Ojai Valley Gun Club (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1619977)

Doug7L 06-10-2020 7:49 AM

Ojai Valley Gun Club

About the OVGC

RogerOrange 06-10-2020 8:12 AM

Yay we have our own section :-)

Dutch3 06-15-2020 1:38 PM

I shot there a few times nearly 40 years ago when it was just a wide spot in the road.

Spanky8601 06-15-2020 5:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutch3 (Post 24405503)
I shot there a few times nearly 40 years ago when it was just a wide spot in the road.

It is much more than a wide spot in the road. It has covered pistol and rifle out to 200 yard paper target and 300 steel. Also skeet and shotgun. On the rifle range it has a 600 yard range with butts for certain shoot days. Public shoot day is 4th Saturday. $10/ The rest of the time it is locked with members allowed visitors for $10.

Just past milepost 25 on SR 33 and then 5 miles out Rose Valley Road.

Just FYI its original build was as a military rifle range for the SEABEEs. :43:

Doug7L 06-16-2020 7:12 AM

The public is welcome to all of our published shooting events. They do need to sign a waiver and pay the $10 guest shooter fee.

Please see the calendar on the website.

We also have an active Junior Rifle Program that is free to anyone 8-18.

The club is not holding any organized or planned events until Covid-19 restrictions are removed.

Alphasnap 09-02-2020 11:47 AM

Hows the road, parking situation?
Working on getting a group of car enthusiasts out to a range day, but road quality/ parking is a concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RogerOrange 09-03-2020 11:20 AM

Please visit the calendar when when the OVGC gun range is open to the publick.
https://www.ovgc.club/calendar

The entire 80acre range is fenced off and the gate is locked.

Next oportunity for non members is on September 26th.

Please follow the Covid-19 guidelines at the range (no more then 10 people at the covered handgun range) Masks and social distancing required.

Doug7L 09-03-2020 11:22 AM

The road is fine from Ojai to Rose Valley.

Rose Valley is OK most of the way, some potholes to avoid right at the entrance to the club.

A short stretch of dirt road inside the range. Maybe 1/4 mile to the covered firing line / trap field. A couple of speed bumps, my Boxster gets over them OK.

We are not open to the public until Ventura County lifts all restrictions and then only during published events. See the website OVGC.club and our calendar.

We can make arrangements for special events with some notice. Send me a private message if interested.

Usually plenty of parking, how many cars would you bring?

Alphasnap 09-12-2020 8:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug7L (Post 24755295)
The road is fine from Ojai to Rose Valley.

Rose Valley is OK most of the way, some potholes to avoid right at the entrance to the club.

A short stretch of dirt road inside the range. Maybe 1/4 mile to the covered firing line / trap field. A couple of speed bumps, my Boxster gets over them OK.

We are not open to the public until Ventura County lifts all restrictions and then only during published events. See the website OVGC.club and our calendar.

We can make arrangements for special events with some notice. Send me a private message if interested.

Usually plenty of parking, how many cars would you bring?

Thanks for the information on this!

I would be scheduling ahead of time with the calendar in mind if I can put a good group together. I will go check out the road when I get a chance. Ive had some interested parties that drive supercars, so I would want to make sure they feel comfortable bringing them through the portion of dirt road.

If I can get a group of 15-25 cars, that would probably be ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesus805 10-25-2020 7:40 PM

So a non member can not go during the week?

Spanky8601 10-25-2020 8:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesus805 (Post 24974055)
So a non member can not go during the week?

If go with or meet a member friend at the gate you can shoot ...$10 fee
:oji:

Doug7L 10-26-2020 7:02 AM

As Spanky says, you need to go as a guest of a member.

You are welcome to join the club and once thru the probationary process can have full access to the club.

See the membership information on the home page, HERE, scroll down a bit.

We have waived or simplified the requirements a bit during Covid to make it easier to qualify.

Send me a PM if interested.

Doug

ta626 11-28-2020 2:30 PM

Drove up there today to check out the public shoot day and the gate was closed. Bummer...Never been there and was looking forward to shooting there.

RogerOrange 11-29-2020 8:38 AM

Always check the online calendar and website. Due to COVID the range is still closed for the public.

We look forward seeing you when everything returns back to regular insanity.

ta626 11-29-2020 3:48 PM

Yeah, I did check the website and calendar and it showed open public shoot day. Could not find a phone number to call to verify.
Hopefully we can get back to opening soon.

Doug7L 11-29-2020 7:32 PM

Sorry about that, the range is open but to members only and only in small groups.

I'll ask our webmaster to correct the popup notice.

Doug