Calguns.net

Calguns.net (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   FFL's Forum (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   DOJ Dealer Compliance Inspection (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1588956)

Malco 02-13-2020 9:54 PM

DOJ Dealer Compliance Inspection

Hello fellow FFL dealers. I have a small business out of my home dealing firearms and completing some private party transfers. I have had a couple of ATF Inspections with no problems. I was recently informed of my first upcoming DOJ Dealer Compliance Inspection. I'm wondering how this might differ from an ATF inspection.

For example, the ATF agent asked me to have all paperwork (4473 forms, DROS Forms, Bound Book entries, and firearm inventory) on the table and ready for review, for the past one year before the inspection.

Is a DOJ inspection pretty much the same? I am sure that the DOJ inspector will also be looking at CA signage, warning labels, etc.

Thanks for any info. I reckon I'll give the DOJ a call, too. But I am interested in a dealer perspective

kemasa 02-13-2020 11:12 PM

Yep, pretty much the same, except checking the signs, make sure that you have the current version.

acespawnshop 02-14-2020 7:13 PM

Is it too soon to make a soap on the rope reference?

kemasa 02-14-2020 7:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acespawnshop (Post 23889466)
Is it too soon to make a soap on the rope reference?

Nope.

taperxz 02-15-2020 9:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malco (Post 23886890)
Hello fellow FFL dealers. I have a small business out of my home dealing firearms and completing some private party transfers. I have had a couple of ATF Inspections with no problems. I was recently informed of my first upcoming DOJ Dealer Compliance Inspection. I'm wondering how this might differ from an ATF inspection.

For example, the ATF agent asked me to have all paperwork (4473 forms, DROS Forms, Bound Book entries, and firearm inventory) on the table and ready for review, for the past one year before the inspection.

Is a DOJ inspection pretty much the same? I am sure that the DOJ inspector will also be looking at CA signage, warning labels, etc.

Thanks for any info. I reckon I'll give the DOJ a call, too. But I am interested in a dealer perspective

This inspection is very simple! Look at every CA law required by. CFD holder and have your ducks in a row. Soap on a rope helps. And Iím not joking.

kemasa 02-16-2020 8:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taperxz (Post 23892564)
Soap on a rope helps. And Iím not joking.

You forgot to tell him to post his inventory and to protect his dog.

acespawnshop 02-16-2020 8:35 AM

He's a home based FFL. Maybe its time to invest in a Claymore Roomba.

taperxz 02-16-2020 5:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kemasa (Post 23893212)
You forgot to tell him to post his inventory and to protect his dog.

Donít we all deserve a good surprise? At least we didnít tell him about the whole body cavity search to start things off on the right foot. :D :eek:

acespawnshop 02-25-2020 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taperxz (Post 23894737)
Donít we all deserve a good surprise? At least we didnít tell him about the whole body cavity search to start things off on the right foot. :D :eek:

True, my last inspection with the DOJ they got mad that I didn't turn my head when I coughed.

Tyke8319 02-26-2020 8:58 AM

That's what ya get for wanting to watch:clown:

Dick's Shootin' Irons 02-27-2020 5:37 PM

Malco
Pm sent