PDA

View Full Version : Most Commonly Used Bullets

iareConfusE
10-26-2014, 11:06 PM
What type of bullets do you like to reload and shoot with? Just for curiosity. Let me know if I'm missing one.

ireload
10-27-2014, 1:44 AM
For pistols - plated truncated

For rifles - full Metal jacket.

Most of my shooting are just paper punching.

koehn,jim
10-27-2014, 5:53 AM
I use a lot of cast, its a bunch cheaper and lets me shoot more.

rdfact
10-27-2014, 8:41 AM
For pistol I have been using mostly X-Treme plated but just received my first batch of coated from Bayou Bullets. X-Treme's prices have increased lately.
For rifle, FMJ. But most of my rifles are milsurp so still blowing through surplus ammo.

Paperchasin
10-27-2014, 9:04 AM
Plated... Fmj just too expensive for me

JMP
10-27-2014, 10:14 AM
Pistol--Zero JHP
Rifle--HPBT, generally Scenars, some SMKs.
Long range--Machined solids, Cutting Edge or CheyTac.

iareConfusE
10-27-2014, 10:19 AM
For pistol I have been using mostly X-Treme plated but just received my first batch of coated from Bayou Bullets. X-Treme's prices have increased lately.
For rifle, FMJ. But most of my rifles are milsurp so still blowing through surplus ammo.
Let me know how those Bayou bullets are. I've been shopping around and am currently trying out Black Bullets Intl in 9mm. The coating on it doesn't look real pretty but I haven't had any problems with them yet.

MongooseV8
10-27-2014, 11:40 AM
Zeros Noslers and Bergers

Grunt81
10-27-2014, 5:41 PM
For pistols, I use Xtreme copper plated bullets. Cheap and plentiful .

For .223, I use Xtreme 55 grain FMJ BT and 69 grain Nosler Custom Competition. I've also tried V-Max and Varmagedon in 55 grain polymer tipped flat base. The Varmageddon is better than the V-Max out of both my 1:8 AR-15s. By better I mean shoots tighter groups. The Xtreme FMJs are just for mass loading plinking ammo. Nosler CC is what I shoot for chasing sub moa groups.

rdfact
10-28-2014, 8:04 AM
Let me know how those Bayou bullets are. I've been shopping around and am currently trying out Black Bullets Intl in 9mm. The coating on it doesn't look real pretty but I haven't had any problems with them yet.

This thread discusses Bayou a bit. I just received them and have not loaded or fired yet. The OP of the thread seems to like them.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=997898

KeithET
10-28-2014, 8:26 AM
I voted Hard Cast but that is not totally correct for me.
Much of what I load I cast myself and I would not classify as Hard Cast. There are times I use commercial Hard Cast bullets but that is getting less and less. I have found that Hard Cast bullets cause most of my leading problems so I have started using softer bullets whenever possible.

KeithET