PDA

View Full Version : Frog Lube on M&P Sport?

Whonu
10-18-2014, 5:42 PM
OK, I finally used my M&P Sport enough to do a thorough cleaning. I've been wanting to try Frog Lube, but I'm not sure how well it works on the melonite finish. Do I use it on the BCG and trigger assembly? Keep it out of the bore? I know it doesn't like other lubricants on the metal.:confused:

BigPimping
10-18-2014, 5:48 PM
Use it all over and wipe off excess. Stuff is great and works like a charm.

TMB 1
10-18-2014, 6:01 PM
How much does that stuff cost?

Gomphe
10-18-2014, 6:25 PM
I would suggest that you visit Froglube's website first and read their instructions before using it. Many people give Froglube a bad review because they didn't pretreat their guns first and just simply used it as a cleaning and lubication product.

Froglube is a great product, but it has somewhat of a lengthy pre-treatment process. I use it on my AR and my handguns and it does keep them lubicated.

- Gomphe

Neanderthal
10-18-2014, 6:29 PM
I second Gomphe's advice and usage.

The bore should be wet during storage, to prevent rust. Wipe before use at the range. Clean and wet again,then repeat.

sunrisefordrene
10-18-2014, 6:43 PM
Don't forget to but some of the "gel" on a boresnake and wipe in onto the bore..

bigbearbear
10-18-2014, 6:50 PM
I used to use Froglube a lot, on my pistols and and shotguns, but I've since switched to SEAL 1 which is slightly cheaper and works pretty much the same.

The thing to remember, is that these non-petroleum based CLPs do not work well with petroleum based ones. So, clean off the existing oil/lube on your AR using a solvent first before treating your firearm with Froglube. I use the Froglube solvent for this.

Then follow the instructions on Froglube's web site for the initial treatment and you'll be set. After the initial treatment, just use it like a CLP. And yes, you can use it in your bore/chamber etc.

If you have shotguns with removable chokes, one trick I've found is that you can coat the inside of the choke with Froglube paste, but don't wipe off the excess. It will not burn and will prevent carbon/plastic from caking on the choke.

teflondog
10-18-2014, 8:42 PM
I used to use the Froglube paste on all my guns, but I found that it tends to jam up my handguns if I keep them stored for a long time without shooting them. I switched to the liquid Froglube and I've been having great success with it. I stays wet and doesn't congeal like the paste does.

xxINKxx
10-19-2014, 7:52 AM
Roller coaster lube

REDdawn6
10-19-2014, 7:59 AM
GTG!! I use on on every weapon.

Jimi Jah
10-19-2014, 8:52 AM
It works great on my garage door rails, nice and slippy, no squeaks.

BigPimping
10-19-2014, 9:22 AM
Mobil 1 is also dope and cheaper. Also easy to procure.

-hanko
10-19-2014, 9:25 AM
Mobil 1 is also dope and cheaper. Also easy to procure.
But it will cause you to get the cancer and, maybe, even the Ebola. :eek:

SFCRangerDoc
10-20-2014, 7:12 AM
Screw the name brand stuff. get yourself a tub of red hi temp bearing grease and lightly coat all moving surfaces with it. I have used it on my MP-15 Sport from day one and had 0 issues and minimal wear. Its like a 5-6 dollar tub that will last you years. And before somebody starts howling OMFG wont the grease hold grit and grime?!??! I would say this: If you're shooting in an area where there is that, you should be disassembling and wiping down your rifle anyway. For general day to day use and range shooting...its just fine.