PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Powder Valley?

runway1
10-16-2014, 6:29 AM
Used to love this place but heck, they haven't had any powder in over a year...regularly anyhow. Powders have been coming back at other sources but PV is still showing empty.

Anybody think they'll get back to their old selves soon?

ke6guj
10-16-2014, 6:40 AM
I've seen multiple notifications from PV about shipments from Hodgden and others. however, once it hits the shelves, its gone in less than an hour.

Javi
10-16-2014, 6:51 AM
Have them on Facebook?

runway1
10-16-2014, 7:03 AM
I don't do twit-face. Security issues.

runway1
10-16-2014, 7:05 AM
I've seen multiple notifications from PV about shipments from Hodgden and others. however, once it hits the shelves, its gone in less than an hour.

Well that's odd. Stores and shows a reasonably stocked now, meaning the panic buying seems to have subsided. Maybe not.

Javi
10-16-2014, 7:16 AM

Understandable. It's pretty useful for heads up on shipments from them. I think they have been quieter lately or I have just been missing their posts.

KahrGuy9
10-16-2014, 8:05 AM
Powder Valley has been around for a very long time, and intends to stay that way. They have held their prices, but when it comes up on facebook, it's gone. All the big suppliers are in the same boat. You just have to wait for the resevoir to fill up again.

epic1856
10-16-2014, 8:06 AM

Fair enough, but this is the medium Powder Valley uses to announce powder shipments. That is why you feel you are in the dark, because your are, by choice.

CK_32
10-16-2014, 8:08 AM

Lol yea I hardly know anyone who uses social media anymore, and the ones that do either lot on, lot off. Or go on rants and try to save the endangered baby white rabbit seals.

five.five-six
I like PV but every time I have been there in the last 2 years they have only had a few things I needed, and never enough to justify the shipping and hazmat.

CK_32
As far as PV they have stuff come up. Like all sights you just have to be posted... Not as much buy guys are still cleaning house trying to flip while they still can and other are still buying tons at a time.

five.five-six
10-16-2014, 8:11 AM
Fair enough, but this is the medium Powder Valley uses to announce powder shipments. That is why you feel you are in the dark, because your are, by choice.
Yea, Facebook, that's exactly where I want to go register on the "he buys powder by the 8 pound jug" watch list :nono:

khw9mm
10-16-2014, 8:16 AM
If you see it on other sites/sources, why not buy it from them instead of PV??? Why come here and complain about them?

What I'm trying to get at is that the reason PV shows empty most of the time is because they have GOOD prices and as soon as it comes back in stock, it's sold out within a few hours.

Like others said, they post of Facebook when they have powder on the way. Don't expect them to call you personally to tell you that. ;)

Clownpuncher
10-16-2014, 8:24 AM
Yea, Facebook, that's exactly where I want to go register on the "he buys powder by the 8 pound jug" watch list :nono:

You don't buy it on facebook, or even have to post. You just create an account (use a fake name if you like) and "like" the pages that you normally buy stuff from or are interested in and then set your notifications to alert you when they have a new post. Then you will see the announcements of new stock and be able to purchase accordingly in your regular way. There are several businesses that I follow and have gotten in on some great deals before they went OOS.

If you're really worried about following a powder company on facebook then you shouldn't even be visiting their site on the web.

CAL.BAR
10-16-2014, 9:18 AM
LOL - but they will have more "real soon". And best of all, "they are working hard to meet the unprecedented demand". (yeah for the last 2 years)

klewan
10-16-2014, 9:44 AM
Don't they still allow 48 pounds on one order? That's where it's going if they do. If they limited it to an 8# or 10# in smaller containers, it would go a lot further. And don't start whining to me about hazmat or shipping, and you absolutely have to order 48 pounds to make it worth while. I can't believe the cheap f*cks that try to put a group buy together, to split $15 in shipping! Or a $27 hazmat; it'll cost more in gas to drive to pick it up, than the $6 you'd save.....

ruggyh
10-16-2014, 10:59 AM
Don't they still allow 48 pounds on one order? That's where it's going if they do. If they limited it to an 8# or 10# in smaller containers, it would go a lot further. And don't start whining to me about hazmat or shipping, and you absolutely have to order 48 pounds to make it worth while. I can't believe the cheap f*cks that try to put a group buy together, to split $15 in shipping! Or a $27 hazmat; it'll cost more in gas to drive to pick it up, than the $6 you'd save.....

That is a big YES

MongooseV8
10-16-2014, 11:00 AM
They have sold a ton of powder this year. They get shipments in that are sold out within the hour everytime. You just need to check often or fb.

They are a superb company, and get all my powder business.

4DMASTR
10-16-2014, 11:12 AM
Picked up 4lbs of blue dot from them a while back when they posted on Facebook.

Whiterabbit
10-16-2014, 12:13 PM
I bought 10 pounds of H4350 from them very recently. I don't even check in all that often. Maybe once every 6 weeks. Got lucky I guess? It was my first order with them. It went smoothly.

Oh, and for those who suggest to the rest of us that orders need to be 48 lb to be worth it, my price per pound at 10 lb (which was bought in 1 lb cans), after shipping and hazmat etc all said and done was, per pound, about 30% cheaper than buying retail here (retail here is about $32 a pound for the shops that get and hold inventory)

No reason not to buy from PV just because you wont get 48 lb. It's still a value propasition.

JagerDog
10-16-2014, 1:20 PM
PV is a distributor, not just a retailer. They supply a lot of retailers.

Inventory is only going to hit the website when back-orders in both retailer and consumer have been met.

Eljay
10-16-2014, 5:37 PM
I've bought most of my powder from them this year. You just have to get lucky with the timing, and when you do get lucky you buy a ton of it. I'd usually get some extra and do a little trading to fill in oddball stuff that doesn't become available very often.

jwest
10-16-2014, 11:40 PM
They have sold a ton of powder this year. They get shipments in that are sold out within the hour everytime. You just need to check often or fb.

They are a superb company, and get all my powder business.

+1 on that - I agree. But, I did buy 5 lbs of CFE 223 from Cabela's - and
paid more than I would have for 8 lbs from PVI - because I can't log in
fast enough to buy from PVI.

But, they are always my first choice.

zoid52
10-17-2014, 4:02 AM
PV is gtg in my book.

sl0re10
10-17-2014, 5:18 AM
Well that's odd. Stores and shows a reasonably stocked now, meaning the panic buying seems to have subsided. Maybe not.

PV is so popular the stuff flies out the door right when it arrives.....

sdkevin
10-17-2014, 10:52 AM
PV is a distributor, not just a retailer. They supply a lot of retailers.

Inventory is only going to hit the website when back-orders in both retailer and consumer have been met.
Best answer!

I scored a lump of IMR a while ago, prolly because IMR isn't very popular.

FALAK
10-17-2014, 11:10 AM
They have powders in periodically but sold out in a few hours usually, because their prices are the lowest on the net. I recently bought two batches from them. The next day both were gone

Check often, daily if you want to score from them

M27
10-20-2014, 4:10 PM
I was able to get 20 lbs from them last week. Facebook helps but by then it is too late. You just have to check regularly and be ready to buy.

bender152
10-20-2014, 10:06 PM
I picked up a good amount of Ramshot TAC from PV a few weeks ago.

As far as I know, they made no announcement regarding getting it in stock. They definitely did not mention it on Facebook. Sometimes it pays to just check PV's website.