PDA

View Full Version : Xtreme Bullets Pricing

Spyguy
09-29-2014, 11:45 PM
Just curious if their prices have been going up steadily in line with the rest of the market or if they raised them just this month because of their free shipping promotion (e.g., the same way that PSA runs their "promotions"). I bought my first order of bullets from Xtreme just 3 months ago and now their .45 and .223 are exactly 10% higher that before, and their 9mm is 16% higher!

stilly
09-30-2014, 12:27 AM
I think they market to find new ways to sell and see what folks bite on the most.

Of course no doubt, things HAVE gone up...

BigBronco
09-30-2014, 4:22 AM
There was an uproar from distributors. Online pricing was affecting wholesale orders. Wholesale orders from guns hops died and they were switching to competitors bullets. The head office responded. Online pricing was reason why we have not done another group buy. I may have to look at the numbers to see if a club group buy is feasible again. I know that wholesale pricing was not increased.

Jon Road King
09-30-2014, 6:03 AM
For what it's worth, .223-55gr FMJ pills are on sale for 24 hours ($41.27) (http://www.xtremebullets.com/dealoftheday.asp?utm_source=eBlast&utm_medium=email&utm_content=223-Jacketed-s&utm_campaign=weekly), and they still have free shipping for the rest of the day. That's only $.27 more per 500 than the last group buy I could find. Not the best ever, but pretty close...

Looks like they started doing a "24 hour" daily deal thing...

Get 'em while you can.

John Browning
09-30-2014, 7:58 AM
For what it's worth, .223-55gr FMJ pills are on sale for 24 hours ($41.27) (http://www.xtremebullets.com/dealoftheday.asp?utm_source=eBlast&utm_medium=email&utm_content=223-Jacketed-s&utm_campaign=weekly), and they still have free shipping for the rest of the day. That's only $.27 more per 500 than the last group buy I could find. Not the best ever, but pretty close...

Looks like they started doing a "24 hour" daily deal thing...

Get 'em while you can.

That price is about $3 a box more than I paid only two months ago with free shipping.

I no longer order from Xtreme because their prices fluctuate wildly. They will raise prices 15%, send out an email for a 10% off sale, and I'm sick and tired of it. Shipping is free, not free, 5% off, prices go up, prices go down and then send me non-stop emails bothering me with it. Their bullets aren't any better or worse than Berrys, but their marketing drives me nuts.

Exodus343
09-30-2014, 8:37 AM
I am GLAD IM NOT THE ONLY ONE RANTING

They lost my business the minute they started playing games with shipping,.free shipping (but you pay $5) all that nonsense

1bulletBarney
09-30-2014, 9:15 AM
There was an uproar from distributors. Online pricing was affecting wholesale orders. Wholesale orders from guns hops died and they were switching to competitors bullets. The head office responded. Online pricing was reason why we have not done another group buy. I may have to look at the numbers to see if a club group buy is feasible again. I know that wholesale pricing was not increased.

This makes sence. A friend of mine visited their Carson City NV facility and their prices was same as online and this was before their price increase. Before the price bump buying directly from X-treme was by far better then buying from a LGS, only downside was shipping time.

I agree that X-treme is all over the place with marketing. I will look at the e-mails and when I see a deal I like, I will pounce...

Exodus343
09-30-2014, 9:44 AM
I am 100% confident I will only buy from them when they have their black Friday specials
Other than that, I'm done

uechikid
09-30-2014, 11:02 AM
I stocked up a while back when their prices were a little lower and they always had free shipping. Now I only buy from them and Freedom Munitions when they run really good deals. That being said, their prices are still lower than most other on line dealers.

edrex
09-30-2014, 11:11 AM
I've only placed one order with xtreme in March of this year. Went and checked my invoice and a box of 500 .45 230RN is about $1 less today with free shipping. Ordered another box.

RR.44
09-30-2014, 12:51 PM
I got a box of 230gr RN for $55.00 saw them at The Stockade for $79.99

Eljay
09-30-2014, 1:44 PM
I'm getting pretty annoyed with them as well. I have a two part plan which is basically

1. I only buy if it's the same price or lower than I paid for that caliber last time.
2. I'm doing test runs with pretty much every company that has reasonably priced evaluation packs so I can gradually move my business away from xtreme.

I realize this is a little subjective. I was looking at the same bullet as edrex and it's around $10/500 higher than I paid last time so I sort of have a lower mental figure locked in. Also everybody's raving about BBI in that caliber and they're way cheaper and I just got in their test pack and they look great. If they shoot I'm switching. Just an example. In other calibers xtreme is almost always very competitive and it's hard to beat their price.

1in9twist
10-05-2014, 10:19 PM

Nailed it.

A buddy had a whole pallet shipped to his place. 65k bullets or so. The next week, they dropped their retail prices by $12 per 1000 with Free shipping for a week. That week turned into about 2 months of free shipping. If he sold them at that time, the majority would be at a loss. Screwed all their distributors with-out thinking twice about it and didn't bother to respond to email or phone inquiry's.