PDA

View Full Version : rECALLED GUN FOR SALE ON AUCTION SITE

DEPUTYBILL
09-21-2014, 12:04 PM
I am looking for advise. I saw a recalled gun for sale on an auction website.
I messaged the seller about the recall. I had a friend that had one of the recalled guns that started to break apart the first six rounds he fired.
He sent me a response of "Its a collectable, what goes on after the sale is up to the buyer". There is no mention of the recall in the ad.

Should I try to contact the auction site to inform them, or just let it go as "buyer beware"?

lt05deluxe
09-21-2014, 12:19 PM
Why don't you put up the firearm in question and the site so that potential buyers are informed. Just sayin.

mossy
09-21-2014, 12:21 PM
Its up to the buyer to know what they are buying. And before you go getting involved, are you absolutely sure the gun in question is defective?

Flintlock Tom
09-21-2014, 12:21 PM
JMHO, MYOB.

DEPUTYBILL
09-21-2014, 12:24 PM
Why don't you put up the firearm in question and the site so that potential buyers are informed. Just sayin.

S&W 329-1 PC 44 magnum.
Recalled by S&W. On their website.

philobeddoe
09-21-2014, 12:25 PM
Caveat emptor. MYOB.

DEPUTYBILL
09-21-2014, 12:28 PM
Its up to the buyer to know what they are buying. And before you go getting involved, are you absolutely sure the gun in question is defective?

The gun is a S&W 329-1 PC. It is listed on their website as recalled. They state to return it for refund, credit or different replacement gun .

mossy
09-21-2014, 12:30 PM
The gun is a S&W 329-1 PC. It is listed on their website as recalled. They state to return it for refund, credit or different replacement gun .

It is up to the buyer and really none of your business.

toby
09-21-2014, 12:31 PM
Buy it or don't. But if it has had a re-call the seller should take care of it before selling and not be a douche bag about it. IMO, others may see it differently?

DEPUTYBILL
09-21-2014, 12:31 PM
Hope all of you MYOB's never buy a gun that comes apart in your hands as you shoot it. My friend was lucky that he did not get hurt.

mossy
09-21-2014, 12:36 PM
Hope all of you MYOB's never buy a gun that comes apart in your hands as you shoot it. My friend was lucky that he did not get hurt.

If you are that concerned over it, why are you posting here asking what to do? Sounds like you already want to contact the site. So do it, don't wait around here for some stranger to make you feel better about contacting the site.

Steve_In_29
09-21-2014, 12:58 PM
Buy it or don't. But if it has had a re-call the seller should take care of it before selling and not be a douche bag about it. IMO, others may see it differently?^^^^^ This

Though in this case it sounds like S&W won't be returning the same model pistol once the recalled one has been sent in. So the seller should clearly state that it is a pistol subject to recall that wasn't turned in and it is unsafe to fire and should be bought as a non-shooting collectors item only.

philobeddoe
09-21-2014, 1:01 PM

It's Sunday, you can take off the cape and relax.

;)

Glad to hear your friend is ok. Maybe keep him in a cage just to be safe.

Your heart is in the right place,
but you can't referee society to prevent folks from maybe hurting themselves.

Sounds like you did the decent thing and reached out to the seller. Maybe move on now.

eviioiive
09-21-2014, 1:31 PM
Buy it, blow your hand off and get your $

He is knowingly selling a messed up item while claiming its gtg

Condorguns
09-21-2014, 3:03 PM
^^^^^ This

Though in this case it sounds like S&W won't be returning the same model pistol once the recalled one has been sent in. So the seller should clearly state that it is a pistol subject to recall that wasn't turned in and it is unsafe to fire and should be bought as a non-shooting collectors item only.

^^^ This

Although I am sure Smith and Wesson would be unhappy that the gun is still out there, collectors will want it just for that reason.

Psykoasn
09-23-2014, 8:54 AM

if the price is low, buy it and send it back to S&W for a new replacement gun