PDA

View Full Version : Should I?

liketoshoot
04-16-2008, 9:43 AM
I have a NIB never fired Ruger security six with a 2.5" barrel made in 1984 and a friend has a Colt Python ss 6" barrel that has been used but never abused and he wants to trade, of course he wants some $$$$$$ to go along with it. Should I? No I'm not crazy nor is he.

Black Majik
04-16-2008, 9:55 AM
How much do you really want a Python? :D

I rather have a Python than a security six. But then again, I don't want one bad enough to buy one.

Difficult to say, you plan to shoot the Python or keep it as a safe queen? If it's gonna be safequeen, I'd rather get a blued Python.

liketoshoot
04-16-2008, 9:59 AM
^^^^^^Why blued?^^^^^

jimbo1747
04-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Does the Ruger have any sentimental value to you liketoshoot? If so, don't do it!

I have a couple of guns that my father gave me that are priceless to me. But on paper, they're only worth a couple hundred bucks.

If the Ruger doesn't have any sentimental value to you, I would go ahead and make the trade. Because I think you'd be getting the better deal out of this trade.

Just my 2 cents. :)

liketoshoot
04-17-2008, 5:23 AM
jimbo1747, No the Ruger has no sentimental value at all and I don't feel bad about the trade, my buddie wants it and I want what he has so I guess it's a good deal all around.

caldude
04-17-2008, 6:55 AM
If you want a concealed carry gun, the Security Six is better, but if you just want a shooter, I'd go for the Python. With the 6" barrel, it's going to be easier to shoot, and be more accurate, than the Security Six with the 2 1/2" barrel.

RedDawn
04-17-2008, 8:18 AM
Do it, sounds like you've already made up your mind.:D

liketoshoot
04-17-2008, 9:46 AM
Yes I think it is a done deal, I've always liked the Colt Python and this will be way less then buying one on here for 1200 bucks.
Thanks for sounding it out for me.

redcliff
04-17-2008, 9:53 AM
^^^^^^Why blued?^^^^^

Because Python's had a very nice "Royal Blue" finish long after other manufacturers, including Colt, stopped spending the time to do it right on the other models.

Pythons are great investments and works of art imho.