PDA

View Full Version : What are you supposed to do with them now?

barginhunter
06-29-2014, 11:46 PM
I was talking to a elderly WWII vet :oji: and he has quite the collection, he has had this collection for about the last 50 to 60 years, now from what I have seen he has a lot of, well lets just say over 10 round mags, and drums that he has had for many years, now I was told even grandfathered mags over 10 rounds have to be disposed of and are no longer legal to posses in CA. Is this now the law or is this a future law? And if they are illegal, what are you supposed to do with them? Destroy them yourselves and throw them away, or turn them into the police? Are they legal to sell on Gun Broker to other states from CA? I mean this stinks, this WWII Vet has a lot of money tied up in these items, (well, not tied up because he got this stuff along time ago and it was cheap then but now is worth a pretty penny) and he could use the money these items would bring if he could legally sell them to other legal states, I mean he fought for our freedoms and has had these guns and mags for many, many years and now he has to get rid of them some how, I think that's un-American. but who am I, I guess. just another pion gun nut. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks Barginhunter :mad::facepalm:

Rosereader
06-29-2014, 11:54 PM
He can have them, he can sell them out of state and he can use them in registered assault weapons and/or featureless weapons. He cannot use them in semi-automatic maglocked weapons.

He can not transfer ownership (unless modified to accept no more than 10) to anyone within the PRK.

Mssr. Eleganté
They are still 100% legal for him to own in California. But he can't sell them or offer them for sale while inside California. He can't give them away here either. If he needs to cash them in he can go to another State and sell them.

freonr22
if they were owned before 2000 they are not illegal to possess... per state law.. what city?

IVC
06-30-2014, 6:53 AM
Besides magazines, you might want to look at the configuration of some of those rifles just to make sure it's all legal. Many people missed registration of "assault weapons," so what could have been a RAW is now just an illegal configuration.

stitchnicklas
06-30-2014, 7:03 AM
well if he is think downsize and selling them...

place's like gun parts corp buy this stuff and it is perfectly legal for him to sell to them
j&g sales in prescott would buy also i bet

RTE
06-30-2014, 8:03 PM
Tagged for later
If they end up on the GB sales floor, shoot me a pm.

Garand1911
07-01-2014, 12:18 AM
Could he sell to a pro-gun cop ?

emptybottle151
07-01-2014, 8:50 AM
Too bad we can't just disassemble them and sell them as repair kits. So block them off to 10rnds with a piece of wood, then sell on here. A lot here willing to help an old vet.

bruss01
07-01-2014, 9:57 AM
Block to 10 rounds & sell in CA

or

Sell out of state (Reno gun show, Gunbroker, etc)