PDA

View Full Version : what furniture for featureless ak build??

Click Boom
06-25-2014, 5:56 PM
I am stuck at the midway checkout debating between the regular commie style pistol grip (tapco or arsenal) and the tapco saw grip.

Who that has kydexed their grips can chime in and recommend one? Is the saw better? Ive never held a saw grip, would ot be too wide with a wrap?

What about the regular style grips, is the arsenal worth 18 instead of the 10 for the tapco grip?

Do the regular style grips use the long screw instead of the short ones on the hollow grips like hogue?

Im also debating some stocks...
Arsenal regular stock, crapco regular stock? I like the arsenal one but I kinda wanna go fde, will I regret not getting the arsenal one if u go with fde tapco?

I am thinking it might look cool to have fde furniture with black kydex.

Any help on the decision is appreciated!!! Im trying to order asap lol.

johnyreb
06-25-2014, 5:58 PM
Get the standard. That's what most guys who make the grip wraps pattern them after.

The Kvar furniture is good stuff, keep all my take offs to reuse on other builds.

Click Boom
06-25-2014, 6:41 PM
hmmm or should i bite bullet and go with adjustable stock... real tempted by the mako glr16 with poly tube for 80...

Anthracis
06-25-2014, 6:46 PM
I went with the stock arsenal stuff that came with the parts kit. I also went featureless. No regrets.

Anthracis
06-25-2014, 6:47 PM
Also, show some love to our resident kydex man Munkeeboi. He made my wrap. Good price and good product.

JWHuey
06-25-2014, 6:54 PM
hmmm or should i bite bullet and go with adjustable stock... real tempted by the mako glr16 with poly tube for 80...

Adjustable stock will make it not featureless.
Also, if you are in San Diego area & want a commie AK grip I will give you one free.

Click Boom
06-25-2014, 7:09 PM
**** it i just ordered a bunch of magpul stuff :)

Click Boom
06-25-2014, 7:10 PM
ill just pin the stock

Click Boom
06-25-2014, 7:10 PM
FEED MY FDE NEEDZ