PDA

View Full Version : can you use glock 30 mags in a glock 30sf?

Tofie
05-20-2014, 2:55 PM
Ok so Im sure this is a dumb question and I'm going to get laughed at for asking this. Can you use glock 30 mags in a glock 30sf? I tried google and got no answer. I found some mags but I dont want to order them if they wont work.

rromeo
05-20-2014, 3:06 PM
When I had my 30SF, I bought two spare mags for it and I think they just said Glock 30, they weren't specifically for the SF.

Redlion
05-20-2014, 3:15 PM
Yes you can.

SILENT GUNMAN
05-20-2014, 3:43 PM
Yes you can. You can also use the mags from a Glock 21. They stick out the bottom but will function fine. Someone makes a sleeve for the 21 mags so your 30 can have a full size grip too.

anti
05-20-2014, 3:43 PM
That's a fair question, I suppose. I wouldn't wanted to buy the wrong mags and deal with the hassle, either. The main thing is to check if the gun takes double-stack or single-stack width magazines. That's usually the first thing you'll notice as to whether or not it'll fit in the mag well.

Oceanbob
05-20-2014, 5:04 PM
Yes you can. You can also use the mags from a Glock 21. They stick out the bottom but will function fine. Someone ags makes a sleeve for the 21 mags so your 30 can have a full size grip too.

This^^^^^

FYI here is what a Glock 21 mag (13 round in this case) looks like with the sleeve. The stainless barrel is so I can run my Lead reloads safely. No lead in a Glock barrel.

Most models of a Glock have double stack magazines. Most. But frames come in 2 sizes. For instance, a Glock 17 double stack mag won't fit correctly in a Glock 21 frame. A Glock 21 double stack mag won't fit into a Glock 17 mag well. So being double stack or not isn't any indication the mags will work.
Either standard frame or large frame, that would be the question.

http://i52.tinypic.com/23ww31i.jpg

Tofie
05-20-2014, 6:12 PM
thanks guys! i appreciate the quick responses

uhlan1
05-20-2014, 6:20 PM
This^^^^^

FYI here is what a Glock 21 mag (13 round in this case) looks like with the sleeve. The stainless barrel is so I can run my Lead reloads safely. No lead in a Glock barrel.

Most models of a Glock have double stack magazines. Most. But frames come in 2 sizes. For instance, a Glock 17 double stack mag won't fit correctly in a Glock 21 frame. A Glock 21 double stack mag won't fit into a Glock 17 mag well. So being double stack or not isn't any indication the mags will work.
Either standard frame or large frame, that would be the question.

http://i52.tinypic.com/23ww31i.jpg

Nice gun.