PDA

View Full Version : broke my lee breech lock press :(

Jeff213
05-03-2014, 10:06 PM
I was using it with the .309 lee sizing die and sizing .312 cast bullets down to .309 and part of the linkage cracked. I think I can weld it back together but I need to get a stronger press now for sizing.

Divernhunter
05-03-2014, 10:12 PM
I believe the links are a pot metal or alum so welding will be hard to make them equal and hold up.
That is what you get when you go cheap.
get a RCBS/Hornady/Lyman/Redding and that will not happen. Also if you screw one up it will be repaired or replaced with a new one at no cost for life. Not so with lee.

Like I told you before. You get what you pay for.

Ferrum
05-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Duct tape it...

Jeff213
05-03-2014, 10:25 PM
yeah, I am looking at RCBS / redding presses. I hear that the new RCBS presses are at least partially made in china and don't have the same quality as the older ones.

The lee was fine for sizing casings but now that I make my own bullets I need something stronger. I just checked the linkage with a magnet, it is magnetic so I am going to attempt to weld it and use it as a light duty press I think.

xfer42
05-03-2014, 10:27 PM
I broke two of the Lee hand primers. Those were cast. Big waste of time and money on those. I got those because I was sick and tired of chewing up the priming system on the Lee Loadmaster.

Jeff213
05-03-2014, 10:32 PM
yeah i broke a lee hand primer earlier this year too. I like my lee handheld press though for resizing .38 special brass while watching tv..

stilly
05-04-2014, 12:28 AM
I was using it with the .309 lee sizing die and sizing .312 cast bullets down to .309 and part of the linkage cracked. I think I can weld it back together but I need to get a stronger press now for sizing.

Have you contacted Lee yet?

Folks, come on now. I LOVE the rush to judgement on Lee. **** breaks. I mean, cause yeah, we never seen a Dillon break or RCBS break before right? So why the rush to talk **** on Lee all of a sudden?

Which breech lock press was this? I hope it was not their cheap C frame press. THAT press is NOT meant for sizing ANYTHING.
I doubt it was the classic CAST press with breech lock since THOSE presses are STRONGER than the Rock Chucker Supreme. (yeah I said that...)
I am betting on a challenger or c-frame.

Lee has good stuff and as long as you use those items for what they are MEANT to be used for they work just fine.

With that said, this could JUST be metal fatigue or a defective product. Give them a call or e-mail... AND PLEASE report back on what they say...

Germz
05-04-2014, 12:47 AM
Time to upgrade. Stay red!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bastard
05-04-2014, 5:24 AM
start hitting up local garage sales/flea markets or even ebay looking for a old press. possibly look in to maybe an old Pacific C press, as i belive that those could be had off ebay for a few dollars... and you will be getting much better quality as things we mostly made better back then.

at_liberty
05-04-2014, 5:56 AM
Why weld or look for another press, if Lee is likely to replace it, or that has yet to be determined?

That must be some hard lead alloy there. Damn!:eek:

The Lee Breechlock Challenger (http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac5/at_liberty/LeeBreechlockChallenger.jpg) looks like it has linkage parts that could be replaced using a wrench. The Classic cast linkage is massive and could hardly be what we're talking about here. Everything on the press responds strongly to a magnet.

Jeff213
05-04-2014, 7:13 AM
yeah it is the lee breechlock challenger. I guess I will try contacting lee, but I figured they wouldn't help me since they only have a 2 year warranty and it is a 6 year old press. The part in question could easily be replaced with a wrench if I had a new one.

klewan
05-04-2014, 7:19 AM
Email a picture of the broken part to Lee, they will mail you a new one.That has been their way of handling broken stuff, in or out of warranty. Saves you postage mailing it back, and they don't have to handle it and then get rid of it.

Make sure the linkage and parts are tight, if you get any movement, it will break.

buffybuster
05-04-2014, 8:53 AM
The lee was fine for sizing casings but now that I make my own bullets I need something stronger.

No RELOADING press is going to stand up to the swaging forces of making bullets for very long. You're going to look for a swaging press like Corbin or Bonanza.

jonzer77
05-04-2014, 9:06 AM
Have you contacted Lee yet?

Folks, come on now. I LOVE the rush to judgement on Lee. **** breaks. I mean, cause yeah, we never seen a Dillon break or RCBS break before right? So why the rush to talk **** on Lee all of a sudden?

Which breech lock press was this? I hope it was not their cheap C frame press. THAT press is NOT meant for sizing ANYTHING.

I doubt it was the classic CAST press with breech lock since THOSE presses are STRONGER than the Rock Chucker Supreme. (yeah I said that...)

I am betting on a challenger or c-frame.

Lee has good stuff and as long as you use those items for what they are MEANT to be used for they work just fine.

With that said, this could JUST be metal fatigue or a defective product. Give them a call or e-mail... AND PLEASE report back on what they say...

To be fair, Lee does make quite a few truly POS tools. The loadmaster, universal decapping die, hand primer tool, lee safety powder scale, lee perfect powder measure, and the lee auto disk. They all suck and trust me, I have plenty of experience with them.

Divernhunter
05-04-2014, 9:34 AM
^^^ I agree and I have been reloading since 1962. So I have had time to NOT "rush to judgment" about lee.
I have also had(have) lee stuff and have NEVER had them stand behind their products when I had problems/breakage. This includes a couple of items with a "Lifetime" warr. I guess when it breaks it "Lifetime" is over as far as lee is concerned.
Never had that trouble with RCBS or Hornady. Just a fast phone call and quick replacement and usually with extras.

I understand that you think lee stuff is best Stilly but you would be wrong. Plain and simple.

Jeff look for a used press such as a Rockchucker if you want to save money or I can order you the press of your choice with my discount.

klewan
05-04-2014, 10:31 AM
To be fair, Lee does make quite a few truly POS tools. The loadmaster, universal decapping die, hand primer tool, lee safety powder scale, lee perfect powder measure, and the lee auto disk. They all suck and trust me, I have plenty of experience with them.

I got mailed a Sinclair International catalog last week. It has all the expensive tools you guys love; Redding, Lyman, RCBS, Forrester, Hornady. The ONLY Lee tools were the universal decapping die, hand primer tool and shellholders, and the case lube. Those must be pretty popular items for Sinclair to carry them, don't you think? If the consensus of opinion was what you believe, no way would you see them from Sinclair.

I have all the rest of the Lee tools you mentioned, the scale and both powder measures. They work as expected; same for the Loadmaster. I wish I had the money to travel around the country and watch the Lee bashers actually operate Lee equipment and see how they don't read or follow the instructions and then wonder why they can't get it to work.

When Lee sent a mold to the NRA to test and write up for American Rifleman, the NRA couldn't get it to work. Lee asked if they had "smoked" the mold before using it. Why no, what is "smoking"? After they followed the instructions, it worked really well....

jonzer77
05-04-2014, 11:06 AM
I got mailed a Sinclair International catalog last week. It has all the expensive tools you guys love; Redding, Lyman, RCBS, Forrester, Hornady. The ONLY Lee tools were the universal decapping die, hand primer tool and shellholders, and the case lube. Those must be pretty popular items for Sinclair to carry them, don't you think? If the consensus of opinion was what you believe, no way would you see them from Sinclair.

I have all the rest of the Lee tools you mentioned, the scale and both powder measures. They work as expected; same for the Loadmaster. I wish I had the money to travel around the country and watch the Lee bashers actually operate Lee equipment and see how they don't read or follow the instructions and then wonder why they can't get it to work.

When Lee sent a mold to the NRA to test and write up for American Rifleman, the NRA couldn't get it to work. Lee asked if they had "smoked" the mold before using it. Why no, what is "smoking"? After they followed the instructions, it worked really well....

Let's see. The universal decapper failed to deprime a Winchester .45 case and had the decapper pop up. I thought that was odd so I tightened it down and it happened again. I have never had that problem with a lee sizing die though. Both of the lee powder measures leak but I have had good luck with the lee auto disk. The plastic covers for the hand priming tool breaks often even though lee is good about replacing them. The pro 1000 is a good press and the loadmaster is good if you prime off of the press. There is a reason there is a website dedicated to getting the loadmaster to work. Lee sent me one of their new priming systems and it was still garbage.

I found another site that gave a good explanation of getting the primer system to work since lee has it setup incorrectly out of the box. I may eventually get around to getting it setup and using it solely for small primers. The only equipment I own is Lee except for a dillon scale and rcbs dies for 38 super so I have a lot of experience with lee. I loaded over 10k rounds on my pro 1000 and "upgraded" to the loadmaster so I could seat and crimp in different stations.

I finally broke down and bought a 650 that I am in the middle of setting up since I got frustrated with Lee.

ptmn
05-04-2014, 11:15 AM
Lee has been extremely generous with me in the past. I have sent items that are well out of warranty and stated that they are out of warranty and the conditions that the item broke, to include an estimate of the number of rounds that the item successfully loaded (usually quite a lot of items). Further more, I ask them to provide me with an estimate or an invoice for the repair. In each of the three cases, Lee graciously provided me with the repair or replacement completely free of charge. They even covered my shipping.

I am very happy with Lee's customer service and I think that you should contact them to see if they will replace the item free of charge. The very worst thing they could say is no, but you have a 50% chance of them saying yes. So far I am batting 3 for 3 with yes from Lee.

My $24.95 Lee "C" press lasted just over 20,000 rounds of ammo loaded. I told them that and they replaced the frame due to the cracked thread. It was well out of warranty but they took care of me. Try them out.

stilly
05-04-2014, 11:58 AM
For the record. I hold a very HIGH opinion of Lee for several reasons:
1. They cater to the poor folks that want to get into reloading.
2. They get BRILLIANT ideas from time to time and put them in motion and BAM! Another Lee Classic Turret is born...
3. They have been around, they have demonstrated that they know a lot and they continue to make great things that people LOVE (carbide pistol dies thank you...)
4. They have USUALLY been good to me when I have returned things. I admit that I have not returned a LOT, but what I did return they had back to me in a week or less usually. (shell holders, decapping pins) My friend broke his C press resizing .223 shells and they sent him a brand new one. He bought it used off of ebay for $17.00...
5. They pioneered the hand priming tools and those tools worked FOREVER and were AWESOME until they broke. And they were so cheap...

The only negative thoughts I have about Lee are these:
1. Reported to not always just GIVE over replacement parts. THey usually want some compensation or they tell you to pound sand. (reported only, I have NEVER had this experience myself)
2. They DO NOT engineer their products to be so HD that you can use them as a bullet shield and expect to live through it.
3. They EVEN STATE in their book, that they ONLY ENGINEER THEIR PRODUCTS TO BE 3 TIMES AS STRONG AS YOU NEED IT. This is GREAT for pricing, but sucks for people that buy a press and use it wrongfully. (like most of us new guys, why buy another press, let's make THIS work...)
4. They are cheap = poor quality by OTHER folks standards which is wrong, but public opinion sometimes rules...

Now, I do LOVE Lee but I understand why they do what they do and I appreciate that. But when I say that, I mean that I DO love that they are there for the guys that are beginners and for the guys that are wanting to get their feet wet without a $450+ investment. They are GREAT at helping people get started in reloading AND for keeping it going. Lee and RCBS have been around FOREVER but I will prolly NEVER buy a set of RCBS dies for any of my pistol calibers. Likewise I may never buy a set of Lee dies for my .308 or .223 loads. I DO have a set of Lee dies for my .50 AE. Lee has AWESOME tools, like the portable handloading tools, the handpress and the load whatever for reloading at the range. I use the handpress for decapping thousands of shells at a time. When I gotta get it done, that hand press just WORKS. THAT and the UNIVERSAL DECAPPING DIE kill EVERYTHING I throw their way. I disagree that the universal decapping die sucks as well as the hand primer tool, the auto disk and the perfect powder measure. I think that at the MOST you can say that SOME of those might be incomplete in the follow-through but they are built on solid ideas. All I ever wanted was a hand priming system. When I found out that they had stopped selling the OLD school products and updated the hand primers, I sent an e-mail to Lee asking to buy replacement parts. THAT e-mail was never replied to. I was mad, but then again, someone had given me the parts that they had minus a plunger and a case top and said to contact Lee. BUT, That gave me the opportunity to do some research and find the RCBS universal hand primer with APS technology. I LOVE it, but damn it hurts my hands...

We ALL love and support our blue/green/red/orange/gray presses and companies but grumble about ONE red company. Hey, they chose to produce tools for people and instead of charging you an arm, a leg and a left nut they charged you a DAMN cheap price. Then when things break x years later people get mad because they have to deal with that red company and SHAME on THEM for having a product that breaks... WTF! Maybe if people would open their eyes and see that Lee is HONESTLY charging folks and they have a solid return policy and HONESTLY will work with you when something breaks, then this hatred and Lee bashing would stop.

WHO LOVES THEIR LEE CLASSIC TURRET? I DO! What do you love most about it? The fact that it cost only about $100 or the fact that it gives you SPEED and is CHEAP to buy extra parts for and use? Hey guess what? If Lee had charged me $290 for that turret YOU BET THEY BETTER REPLACE PARTS NO QUESTIONS ASKED. But they didn't. Better yet, I don't plan on passing my press down to anyone so why the hell do I care to pay $290 for a press that has a lifespan longer than a generation of family? Piss on them, they can get their OWN things.

RCBS/DILLON/HORNADY/REDDING/LYMAN they ALL charge you a LOT of money out the door and up front so yeah, they BETTER replace things because they can AFFORD to. That is the FHA home loan with impound account attached right there and all you suckers bought into it. BEtter yet, THAT is similar to putting 1 on your W-2 and then getting a large tax return the next year.

Lee is the conventional loan with NO impound account or the result of you claiming 5 on your W-2 and getting MORE of YOUR money up front to use and go buy things. Those other guys are taking more of your money when you buy their press and then it is making them interest sitting in the bank so when something breaks or needs replacement, they dish that part out ASAP so nobody stops and realizes what is going on...

Stop drinking that coolaid and wake up.

Now with THAT said, I will NOT say that I think that Lee is the BEST. I think that they are an EXCELLENT value and certainly great at providing products at an affordable price. Will I ever OWN a Lee Pro 1000? HELL NO. But I DO own a Loadmaster and NOW I am fired up to get a quick change plate and put it on my bench. Hell. I am even going to buy a SECOND set of .45 ACP Lee CARBIDE dies WITH a FCD JUST because...

My NEXT press will be a Hornady lock n load AP if I get employed full time or that T-7 or T-MAG to "TEST" them out. I like the idea of a 7 or 8 station rock solid turret to make into a workhorse- one station for resizing .223, one for .308, four for sizing lead/PC bullets in 38/40/45/.223 and one for swaging primer pockets, oh man that is gonna be great.

So just remember that the next time you pay for a Dillon or LNL or ANY Rock chucker. You are paying extra money because you are buying your REPLACEMENT MERCHANDISE up front. And by the time that you EVER need to have a replacement part sent out, they already not only have the money for that part, but they have the interest as well. I am not saying that that practice is a bad thing, but don't you dare ***** at Lee because they do NOT do that. If Lee decided to do that, ALL we would EVER hear is *****ing of how they upped their prices and it will now be FOREVER before things need to be replaced and quite frankly, we don't want to wait forever for something to break...

****, if that happened, then Smart Reloader would become the new LEE. Except there is only one problem with that. Do you really want a new to the market Chinese-Italian copycat being the "affordable" press and company out there? Now if you want to bash them, GO FOR IT. They charge MORE than Lee, but Less than Redding and tell you to go POUND SAND when you want to return something...

Final words of thought, don't even get me started on those ****ing shell holders that only ONE company seems to give with die sets and their name rhymes with FREE...

LynnJr
05-04-2014, 1:22 PM
Jeff
Call Lee and tell the lady who answers the phone what broke and you will get a new one shipped to you.Expect to pay $8 for it and be very happy if they send it for free.

I had one of the Lee Classic presses when they first came out and broke the linkage.They replaced it free of charge no questions asked.I was writing an article about it and they said by all means include the failure.

On the Lee hand priming tool I have gone through seven of them and half a dozen spare parts.I was not happy when they swapped that design out because they didn't break I wore them out.

My gunsmith has atleast 13 of them brand new but he isn't selling any.He found out they were changing them an ordered up a case.

I own 5 RCBS hand primers and would prefer an old style Lee.

I own two of the Sinclair hand primers and with the shell holders that is over $300 and I only use one when I load Chey-Tac brass the other one is almost brand new and hasn't been used in atleast 4 years.You need to grind the shell holders before you can use them or order ground ones direct from Sinclair.I keep the one because nobody else makes a 408 Chey-Tac hand priming tool.
On my 50 bmg's I use a Mike Matters priming tool but I won't post what they cost as most here don't spend that much on there rifles.

Don't e-mail or write anybody call them on the phone and you will be up and running.

Pablo5959
05-04-2014, 1:58 PM
All I can say is when my LnL showed up. The Lee turret came off the bench. What a difference.
That being said, The Lee has payed for itself many times over.

M1NM
05-04-2014, 4:09 PM
I've heard 2 things. Your Lee loader will break and they will fix it free. Get it fixed and sell it quick so you can buy an RCBS.

freonr22
05-04-2014, 4:15 PM
no one mentioned ch4d

knucklehead0202
05-04-2014, 6:04 PM
For those with more money than brains, by all means spend a fortune on your reloading stuff and talk trash about us poor idiots who buy lee products. Then check to see if the ammo produced is different. Tell me, how many of you reload 8x56r Hungarian? Well I do. Guess how much my LEE dies cost? 30 bucks. To have RCBS make some would've cost me $250, more than the damn rifle cost. I've also purchased around a dozen other die sets from lee for similarly strange calibers. I also use them on the cheapass breech lock challenger press, which keeps on truckin'. Thus far, with my press, the additional purchase of some other equipment and all my die sets at this point, I've spent less than 1000 dollars, which some folks would spend on just a press setup. I plan to upgrade to a LEE classic cast and perhaps a turret sooner or later, but have no use for a progressive and no money or patience to buy a Dillon that's worth more than my car. Aside from a select few who really might benefit from "the best", most are just trying to make their wieners bigger. Not my game kids, just want to be able to reload for my stuff, not be frustrated by the equipment and not break the bank. Haters gonna hate, but I'll be smiling and enjoying the equipment that I bought with my hard-earned money and will be using for just as many years as the stuff that costs exponentially more.

MisterPo
05-04-2014, 6:14 PM
http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad195/gstrad/brokenDillon1.jpg

...guess you do get what you pay for? :)

sghart
05-04-2014, 6:30 PM
If I paid $800 for a blue press then found a red press for $200 that did the same thing then I would feel compelled to flame over and over, if only to vent the subconcious rage inside that drives me to snap at the neighbors, kick my dogs and flip off fellow commuters.

It must burn like the fires of Hades to know that you have paid 4 times as much only to have someone like me load perfect ammo that shoots just as well and still buy beer for the block party because I have an extra grand in the sock drawer.

To Stilly: save your breath brother, nothing blinds a man as much as paying too much.

jonzer77
05-04-2014, 7:00 PM
If I paid $800 for a blue press then found a red press for $200 that did the same thing then I would feel compelled to flame over and over, if only to vent the subconcious rage inside that drives me to snap at the neighbors, kick my dogs and flip off fellow commuters.

It must burn like the fires of Hades to know that you have paid 4 times as much only to have someone like me load perfect ammo that shoots just as well and still buy beer for the block party because I have an extra grand in the sock drawer.

To Stilly: save your breath brother, nothing blinds a man as much as paying too much.

I just got done setting up my new 650 and loading a couple hundred rounds after using a pro 1000 and loadmaster for the last four years. All I can say is I have no idea why I waited so long. You can tell a lot of thought went into designing it. I finally got tired of loading 50-70 rounds and then having the loadmaster stop indexing or flip primers. It was a constant struggle and every time I got it running right, it would malfunction again.

I just don't have the time to tinker with the press anymore since I have a two year old. I just want to go out to my shed, load a few hundred trouble free rounds and get back to my family.

I never quite understood why people raved about the 650 before since I was able to load ammo on my lee press. I just thought having to constantly tinker with the press was normal. Now that I own one I can understand why people love them. They aren't for everyone though because it is a lot of money to spend but I just think of the time I will save and that is worth something to me.

steepdrop
05-04-2014, 7:10 PM
jonzer77 ,

Can I have the Lee press : PRO 1000 & LOADMASTER i WILL PAY FOR SHIPPING

tujungatoes
05-04-2014, 9:33 PM
Why does it always have to turn into a blue vs red pissing contest? They all make ammo.

Bumslie
05-04-2014, 9:37 PM
Why does it always have to turn into a blue vs red pissing contest? They all make ammo.

Blues shorter/smaller pee-pee makes them very angry at the world

:)

OP, sorry your press broke. Call lee and they will help you get it back in working order.

tujungatoes
05-04-2014, 9:47 PM

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5281726720/hE92497A9/

stilly
05-05-2014, 12:19 AM
I think people just need to wake up to this crap.

Lee gives away half of their stuff and charges the bare minimum for it. They work FOR THE PEOPLE.

Dillon well, what do we know with Dillon? Oh yeah, they charge an arm, a leg and a left or right nut depending on the day of the week, THEN they take all that money and laugh all the way to the bank, then cash it in and go mount mini guns onto SUVs and drive around ranges shooting things...

Okay, maybe not that, but for the money that you BLOW on a dillon or rcbs or EVEN a hornady, they BETTER kiss your *** and bend over backwards and jump when you snap your fingers. And as long as they do that, people don't care that they are paying a premium for that. I am glad that Lee and Lyman and Redding exist. Yes, the later two are pricey as well, but at least there aint any cultists running around pushing their koolaid.

And I really mean nothing mean towards Dillon users. They were sold a bill of goods and they were able to afford it. They clearly bought into it, hook line and sinker and many dillon owners that I have met are nice guys and prolly good at heart, but when people jump to conclusions and talk **** on Lee, then that is just uncalled for. Let's not forget how we got here... AND why on EARTH would ANYONE ever buy a Dillon if it was not a progressive?

I am curious though, would it be a problem if I wanted to put my LNL powder dropper onto a dillon and use my PTX die as well? I do not care for the rudimentary charge bar slider. I want to be able to develop loads MY way and NOT use a damn charge bar. :\

Ahh who am I kidding, I will still buy a Hornady first...

JMP
05-05-2014, 2:35 AM
Maybe if people would open their eyes and see that Lee is HONESTLY charging folks and they have a solid return policy and HONESTLY will work with you when something breaks, then this hatred and Lee bashing would stop.
Stop drinking that coolaid and wake up.
^Yeah, everyone is bashing Lee.

Lee gives away half of their stuff and charges the bare minimum for it. They work FOR THE PEOPLE.

Dillon well, what do we know with Dillon? Oh yeah, they charge an arm, a leg and a left or right nut depending on the day of the week, THEN they take all that money and laugh all the way to the bank, then cash it in and go mount mini guns onto SUVs and drive around ranges shooting things...

Okay, maybe not that, but for the money that you BLOW on a dillon or rcbs or EVEN a hornady, they BETTER kiss your *** and bend over backwards and jump when you snap your fingers. And as long as they do that, people don't care that they are paying a premium for that. I am glad that Lee and Lyman and Redding exist. Yes, the later two are pricey as well, but at least there aint any cultists running around pushing their koolaid.

And I really mean nothing mean towards Dillon users. They were sold a bill of goods and they were able to afford it. They clearly bought into it, hook line and sinker and many dillon owners that I have met are nice guys and prolly good at heart, but when people jump to conclusions and talk **** on Lee, then that is just uncalled for. Let's not forget how we got here... AND why on EARTH would ANYONE ever buy a Dillon if it was not a progressive?

I am curious though, would it be a problem if I wanted to put my LNL powder dropper onto a dillon and use my PTX die as well? I do not care for the rudimentary charge bar slider. I want to be able to develop loads MY way and NOT use a damn charge bar. :\

Do you know how ridiculous you sound? There's really only one serious basher in this thread, and it is you. You ought to try to look in the mirror once in a while.

at_liberty
05-05-2014, 4:36 AM

None of which I need (underlined), working with progressives and turrets with automatic powder measures and priming capability.

The Lee Autodisk works well for me, no sweat. What's the problem? The powder scale is quite accurate, but I don't measure powder with it. I weigh count small custom springs, of which 50 are sold at 67.3 grains. Anytime I need a sanity check for my electronic PACT scales, I use the Lee scales. Wattayano, they agree!

at_liberty
05-05-2014, 4:44 AM

To be fair, if both Hornady LnL AP and Dillon 650XL have case feeders., they are close enough to be considered the same price point. I would be careful about building too much drama around the difference. The variance comes in the cost of caliber changes.

jonzer77
05-05-2014, 5:40 AM

The only person jumping to conclusions is you stilly.

Bumslie
05-05-2014, 6:39 AM
The only person jumping to conclusions is you stilly.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/05/2evy5usa.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/05/ahusehu5.jpg

knucklehead0202
05-05-2014, 6:46 AM
Stilly didn't get the way he is for no reason. Dillon fans, for the most part, are kinda like Raider's fans, they figure if they're more obnoxious their team is better. While this is not the case, a great many still feel the need to keep it up. I can't count how many threads I've read with blue folks bashing anyone who uses another brand. The fact that Stilly has had to sit through so many hours of that BS with his eyes taped open, strapped to a chair, has caused him to lash out, and I fully understand. The level of ignorance that arises when people feel the need to justify spending way more than they needed to on something can lead to some pretty heated discussion. Only problem is that nobody is going to change their mind about it. I'm just a poor plumber who lives in the ghetto and has too many weird old guns, but my cheap equipment manages to feed all those guns so I feel just fine about it. Don't need fancy, expensive equipment to make me feel good, I've got guns for that.

sghart
05-05-2014, 7:15 AM
I hear the Dillon Company is running short of ammo for their machine gun shoot.

Time to sell my Lee stuff and buy a blue press. I wouldn't want those guys to miss out on anything.

klewan
05-05-2014, 8:25 AM
What's the problem? The powder scale is quite accurate, but I don't measure powder with it. I weigh count small custom springs, of which 50 are sold at 67.3 grains. Anytime I need a sanity check for my electronic PACT scales, I use the Lee scales. Wattayano, they agree!

I've never seen anyone bash the Lee scale as not being accurate; you can get to the tenth of a grain with repeatable precision. It seems they don't like the beam oscillating above and below the "zero" point, the scale has almost no friction on the pivots, which is the reason it's so accurate.

I just touch the end of the beam so it only oscillated just an 1/8" above and below "zero". Then it slows and stops in a couple seconds. I especially like the way the ball bearing can only be in one pocket or next one. Too many of the other scales will let the counterweight hang up half way between two settings. Somebody just posted they blew up a pistol because they thought they were dropping 8.5g of powder, but the counterweight was actually on the 10 grain mark instead of the zero, so it was 18.5g. Can't do the with the Lee.

BruinGuy
05-05-2014, 3:16 PM
Comrade Stilly loves the people's press of the Lee design because it is RED, symbolizing the blood of the proletariat spilled on its many sharp, unfinished corners and snapping metal linkages!

Much better than the blue press of the decadent aristocrat or the green of the bloated capitalist press!

LEE: The PRESS FOR THE PEOPLE!

p.s. Comrade Stilly, the offer of the root vegetables still stands, but you must hurry before they become borscht!

knucklehead0202
05-05-2014, 4:14 PM
Mmm, strong and hard like Russian turnip!

orangeusa
05-05-2014, 4:32 PM
You guys are funny.

I like my Lee CT but it the 1000 and all other Lee products are not progressives. I swear if Lee just stayed with dies, single/turret stages, they could be the 'Craftsman tools of reloading'. Never fancy, but work for a good long time. And yes, I like their prices.

I do find it weird that at every reloading clinic, my turret has someone say something stupid like 'Lee dribbles powder everywhere...' Ignorant stuff like that. Or 'Lee dies are not precise enough to make accurate ammo.' If they were that bad, they would not be in business.

Whatever. I am happy to make my own ammo.

JMP
05-05-2014, 5:04 PM
Lee is perfectly fine for handgun reloading. Generally, people load handgun for economy, not quality, so I can understand why one would prefer Lee products given their price point. I wouldn't use them for precision shooting, but for the average handgun user on a budget it is okay.

It's sort of like guns. I would dislike being shot with a Hi-Point probably just the same as being shot by a nice 1911 of the same caliber. They both work in that respect, yet I personally won't own a Hi-Point.

Now, if you want to shoot with a high degree of precision with a rifle, then it's time to open your wallet much wider as a high end progressive press is chump change compared to the crap you'll need for proper reloading. None of the equipment needed will have the name "Lee" on it.

Bumslie
05-05-2014, 5:31 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/06/e2ebe7un.jpg

ptmn
05-05-2014, 5:32 PM
I load match 308 on a Lee Challenger press. It does just fine, in fact better than a progressive, since I weigh powder charges and measure OAL on each round individually.

My buddy has a Dillon, I go to his place to bilk load pistol plinking rounds when loading in bulk. Both brands have their plusses and minuses, it is important to know which is best for what type of loading.

Jeff213
05-05-2014, 5:46 PM
Well, lee wants $5 plus shipping for the replacement part. So I went out to the garage and welded mine back together (I made sure it was steel first), then finished sizing the batch of bullets with no problems so far.

If it breaks again I will buy a new part. I am still going to be looking for a second press.

emptybottle151
05-05-2014, 6:24 PM
:useless:

stilly
05-05-2014, 8:37 PM
Well, lee wants $5 plus shipping for the replacement part. So I went out to the garage and welded mine back together (I made sure it was steel first), then finished sizing the batch of bullets with no problems so far.

If it breaks again I will buy a new part. I am still going to be looking for a second press.

LoL...

Did those asshats NOT see how hard I stood up for them and then they turned around and told you $5.00 plus shipping? Are you ****ING SERIOUS?

Man, **** Lee... **** them in the ear till they bleed!

This thread has been a fun ride.

But honestly, I don't know why I defend them so hard. I must be over compensating for all the past dillon dicks I have seen post in places. And like, others that are ignorant and post their cute little louie viton dillon shopping lists...

I admit, that I AM broken in a sense. When I hear Dillon I become that snarling little chihuahua that shakes back and forth and bares its teeth while snapping at anything nearby. Twice I gave myself a back waxing by falling asleep in my leather office chair waiting for a response and then waking up in the middle of the night only to have to peel myself out to go to bed... Damn I never knew it was that hot in my room...

So yeah, good that we have closure on this. I guess it could have been worse, Lee could have told you to go buy a Dillon...

Show them this thread and they better give it to you free of charge completely (and make me their next spokesperson...)

Yeah that is right, I amp it up from time to time when it comes to defending them, but what I said STANDS. They are a charity reloader company. I doubt they even have computers in all of their offices by the way they do things (remember that NO RMA thread?) but they do have a lot of good products and the fact that they are cheap and ANYONE can afford them makes them a good company.

RCBS aint too bad but I dunno what the **** is so special about their goddamn die sets that cost 75% more than Lee and do not even come with shell holders... Yeah wtf-EVER.

Hornady is riding the coattails of Dillon because people that wake up before they press submit or people that know how to research or people that do not want to shell out a ridiculous amount of money for a damn reloading machine realize that Hornady is a few notches cheaper AND just as good AND offers the same no BS guarantees.

Redding is off playing in a sandbox trying to see what else they can cook up for next years shot show.

Lyman, well, then there is Lyman, but at least they aint smart reloader...

I am trying to figure out what turret press is the strongest. I saw a herters or hollywood and even some new ponses that have like 10 or so stations that are so badass you can swage with them too but hell no I aint gonna pay $500 so that I can be lazy about changing out dies... I DO want a very tough turret that holds at least 6 or more dies and can be used for sizing bullets, swaging bullets and well, if it can swage bullets then that is tough enough. Damn they are few and far between on fleabay though. I might have to settle for that Redding T-7 because of the 7 stations it has and it looks ridiculously stout, but **** it if they do not get back to me to tell me yes it can or no it can;t swage my bullets... I WILL get an antique.

I want a strong bulletproof turret to replace my singlestage. Once I can do that, my single stage will be given away most likely... Hell, Depending on where OP is...

Shoot-it
05-06-2014, 4:48 AM
LoL...

Did those asshats NOT see how hard I stood up for them and then they turned around and told you $5.00 plus shipping? Are you ****ING SERIOUS?

Man, **** Lee... **** them in the ear till they bleed!

This thread has been a fun ride.

But honestly, I don't know why I defend them so hard. I must be over compensating for all the past dillon dicks I have seen post in places. And like, others that are ignorant and post their cute little louie viton dillon shopping lists...

I admit, that I AM broken in a sense. When I hear Dillon I become that snarling little chihuahua that shakes back and forth and bares its teeth while snapping at anything nearby. Twice I gave myself a back waxing by falling asleep in my leather office chair waiting for a response and then waking up in the middle of the night only to have to peel myself out to go to bed... Damn I never knew it was that hot in my room...

So yeah, good that we have closure on this. I guess it could have been worse, Lee could have told you to go buy a Dillon...

Show them this thread and they better give it to you free of charge completely (and make me their next spokesperson...)

Yeah that is right, I amp it up from time to time when it comes to defending them, but what I said STANDS. They are a charity reloader company. I doubt they even have computers in all of their offices by the way they do things (remember that NO RMA thread?) but they do have a lot of good products and the fact that they are cheap and ANYONE can afford them makes them a good company.

RCBS aint too bad but I dunno what the **** is so special about their goddamn die sets that cost 75% more than Lee and do not even come with shell holders... Yeah wtf-EVER.

Hornady is riding the coattails of Dillon because people that wake up before they press submit or people that know how to research or people that do not want to shell out a ridiculous amount of money for a damn reloading machine realize that Hornady is a few notches cheaper AND just as good AND offers the same no BS guarantees.

Redding is off playing in a sandbox trying to see what else they can cook up for next years shot show.

Lyman, well, then there is Lyman, but at least they aint smart reloader...

I am trying to figure out what turret press is the strongest. I saw a herters or hollywood and even some new ponses that have like 10 or so stations that are so badass you can swage with them too but hell no I aint gonna pay $500 so that I can be lazy about changing out dies... I DO want a very tough turret that holds at least 6 or more dies and can be used for sizing bullets, swaging bullets and well, if it can swage bullets then that is tough enough. Damn they are few and far between on fleabay though. I might have to settle for that Redding T-7 because of the 7 stations it has and it looks ridiculously stout, but **** it if they do not get back to me to tell me yes it can or no it can;t swage my bullets... I WILL get an antique.

I want a strong bulletproof turret to replace my singlestage. Once I can do that, my single stage will be given away most likely... Hell, Depending on where OP is...
Thanks for the laugh your a funny guy lol........ You make a lot of good points and I do agree they are a company for the masses cheap simple single stage presses for poor people like me.Would be nice if lee dies had a allen screw lock ring like rcbs.

BruinGuy
05-06-2014, 7:00 AM
Thanks for the laugh your a funny guy lol........ You make a lot of good points and I do agree they are a company for the masses cheap simple single stage presses for poor people like me.Would be nice if lee dies had a allen screw lock ring like rcbs.

They do! Sort of. They have a locking breech lock quick change thingamabob. You set your die up in it, lock it down with the Allan wrench, and then just swap out the whole kit and kaboodle. Of course, you can do that with the standard breech lock thingamabob, too, so I don't really see the advantage, but maybe there is one?

It's called the Lee quick change bushing with die lock ring eliminator...
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/219749/lee-breech-lock-quick-change-bushings-with-die-lock-ring-eliminator-package-of-2

They only work with the breech lock presses though...

at_liberty
05-06-2014, 8:03 AM
Lee is perfectly fine for handgun reloading. Generally, people load handgun for economy, not quality, so I can understand why one would prefer Lee products given their price point. I wouldn't use them for precision shooting, but for the average handgun user on a budget it is okay.<>

I would argue that Lee dies are better than that. The sizer, for example, gives me a better finish on the case than either my Hornady or Redding. Can't say about RCBS because I never tried them.

at_liberty
05-06-2014, 8:12 AM

The cast breech lock press is not "cheap".

It's called the Lee quick change bushing with die lock ring eliminator...
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/219749/lee-breech-lock-quick-change-bushings-with-die-lock-ring-eliminator-package-of-2

The catch with these breechlock lock rings is that they only work on breech lock single stages (within the Lee line). However, since the breech lock inserts are interchangeable with Hornady Lock-n-Load, they can serve on the Hornady LnL AP progressive. That is, if one wants to pay that much for an insert, not much more than Hornady's own. It is a nice option, because the full die set on the Hornady makes a tight cluster into which it is not so easy to insert a wrench. That notwithstanding, the Hornady may be considered better because of both price and the presence of wrench flats. Both are the same diameter as the insert face below. If you have the wrench flats, then you can get a grip on the insert face on a too tight insert. Otherwise the die wants to come out instead.

CEDaytonaRydr
05-06-2014, 8:47 AM
Dillon haters are just jealous because they don't have deep enough pockets to afford the blue stuff. Haters gonna hate... :rolleyes:

Bumslie
05-06-2014, 9:30 AM
Dillon haters are just jealous because they don't have deep enough pockets to afford the blue stuff. Haters gonna hate... :rolleyes:

Lol Na. Like I think knuckle head pointed out. It's the dillon dicks people hate.

You're one of the few dillon guys I like :)

CEDaytonaRydr
05-06-2014, 9:50 AM
Lol Na. Like I think knuckle head pointed out. It's the dillon dicks people hate.

You're one of the few dillon guys I like :)

Meh... It's a piece of equipment. I don't really get emotionally attached to it. I haven't named my press, or anything (although, some have :rolleyes: ).

There are some advantages of the XL650, and some disadvantages. There are faster presses, and there are slower presses. I made the choice because the dillon worked best for me but it's certainly not for everyone. ;)

I've been doing this long enough to own equipment from pretty much all brands, including some that are no longer in business, like Herters and Pacific. I've had good, and bad products from just about everyone (except Redding). For example: RCBS dies are great; RCBS hand priming tool is garbage (should have bought the Lee). Lyman bullet molds are great; Lyman Accutrimmer is garbage. Dillon XL650 is great; Dillon Super Swage pisses me off. :mad:

Bumslie
05-06-2014, 9:54 AM
That answer is why I like you :)

Dutch3
05-06-2014, 4:14 PM
I own two Challenger Breech Lock presses and haven't had any work-stopping issues, other than the time the wooden knob came off and the handle gouged my arm.

They do the job they are intended to do at their particular price point. I have reloaded many thousands of reliable rounds using them.

I would like to purchase more RCBS stuff, including a press, partially because they are based in California and provide employment to many people local to my area. They have excellent customer service and have taken care of me the few times I have dropped in unannounced.

That being said, RCBS has been absorbed by global ATK and changes are happening. They are now "Federal Cartridge Company dba RCBS" and many of their castings are sourced from China and finished locally.

stilly
05-06-2014, 8:17 PM
That answer is why I like you :)

OMG get a room already...

:O

knucklehead0202
05-07-2014, 6:43 AM
Couldn't agree more with Daytona, you do something long enough you're going to find products from any brand that you like or dislike. I don't dislike Dillon equipment, I just don't like a-holes that claim it's the only thing on the market and you're retarded if you don't buy one. I'm poor, and even if I wasn't I'm cheap so I likely wouldn't be buying the high-end stuff either way. I have spent some money in places where it made sense for me, like buying the lyman 1200DPS powder dispenser, which I love! Now that I look at it I kinda like the look of the hornady better, but the damn thing works great either way. I have mostly LEE dies, which work great, really never understood everyone's ***** about the o-ring thingies, mine don't walk or loosen up. RCBS dies piss me off, although I have a set of hornady dies that work very well. I will upgrade my challenger press eventually but I really can't complain. I'm not a hater of any brand, they all have their good points, I just can't abide people who are dicks about what they THINK is the best. Like a bunch of frickin' Raider's fans, except they know their team isn't good and still cause trouble.

CEDaytonaRydr
05-07-2014, 8:16 AM
I have mostly LEE dies, which work great, really never understood everyone's ***** about the o-ring thingies, mine don't walk or loosen up. RCBS dies piss me off...

Yeah, the RCBS set screws on the locking ring don't work for S*!+. The Lee O-rings hold the locking ring with just enough force so that you don't lose your adjustment. I can't tell you how many of those RCBS set screws I've stripped trying to get the locking ring to quit spinning. I've basically given up on those. These days, I switch them out to a Hornady Sure Lock, and ditch the RCBS ring altogether after I strip out the set screw... :mad:

For the money, Lee dies are great; I only own about a half-dozen sets of them. ;) I don't like how the decapping pin isn't replaceable, and I don't like how you adjust the decapping pin depth but as long as you're really careful not to run Berdan brass through a Lee die, they're great...

JMP
05-07-2014, 10:16 AM
It's the dillon dicks people hate.
It is becoming apparent that, though most Lee users sit down to pee, Lee dicks seem to be larger than Dillon dicks. There's a 650XL, but I think Lee needs a new press, the "Lee Magnum" for at least one member here.

Bumslie
05-07-2014, 10:38 AM
It is becoming apparent that, though most Lee users sit down to pee, Lee dicks seem to be larger than Dillon dicks. There's a 650XL, but I think Lee needs a new press, the "Lee Magnum" for at least one member here.

Lmao.

LynnJr
05-07-2014, 7:49 PM
Jeff123
They want $5 plus shipping on a part that has lasted 6 years.$1 a year for maintenance isn't that bad a deal in my book.
I load match ammo on a $15 Pacific press and it will outshoot any ammo made by ANY press on this thread.
I will supply the ammo and the gun and will guarantee anyone posting on this thread that THEY can shoot my rifle and ammo and it will out shoot there rifle and ammo with them doing ALL of the shooting.
I say that because all a press does is to push the brass into the die.The real art of reloading has nothing to do with the press.

stilly
05-07-2014, 7:50 PM

HEY!

I only sit down to pee so that I can read my reloading catalogs and decide on which thingies from midsouth shooters supply to get next.

OMG! Have you seen their latest catalog? 5 gallons, 16 turds and 14 hours later and I STILL have not been able to finish that thing...

I keep getting stuck on the page with the T-7 on it, then going back and forth reading about the RCBS Summit and other obscure RCBS presses they got for sale...

knucklehead0202
05-07-2014, 8:04 PM
Jeff123
They want $5 plus shipping on a part that has lasted 6 years.$1 a year for maintenance isn't that bad a deal in my book.
I load match ammo on a $15 Pacific press and it will outshoot any ammo made by ANY press on this thread.
I will supply the ammo and the gun and will guarantee anyone posting on this thread that THEY can shoot my rifle and ammo and it will out shoot there rifle and ammo with them doing ALL of the shooting.
I say that because all a press does is to push the brass into the die.The real art of reloading has nothing to do with the press.

Amen!

energizer
05-10-2014, 2:36 PM

Parts for your press are available at nominal prices. Did you look at Lee's Site (http://leeprecision.com/parts/reloading-presses/single-stage/breech-lock-challenger-parts)?

I've heard that Lee's customer service is great.

ar15barrels
05-11-2014, 5:25 PM

Red's empty pocketbook makes them angry that they can't afford blue stuff and have to tinker with their red stuff.

jonzer77
05-11-2014, 5:54 PM
Red's empty pocketbook makes them angry that they can't afford blue stuff and have to tinker with their red stuff.

:rofl:

I would be careful doubting him. He is very knowledgeable and I am sure he observed a lot of dillon owners pee-pees in order to make that statement. My only question is how big is the sample size.

ar15barrels
05-11-2014, 6:15 PM

I would be careful doubting him. He is very knowledgeable and I am sure he observed a lot of dillon owners pee-pees in order to make that statement. My only question is how big is the sample size.

I think he generally measures by how much they can tickle his tonsils.

klewan
05-11-2014, 6:33 PM

Blue stuff is made for the lower half of the population, those with below average mechanical ability. That was Dillion's genius; make stuff that ANY moron can use. Why would you want to identify with them????

You have to have above average mechanical ability to operate Lee, especially the Loadmaster. It's like being able to drive a car with a manual transmission, versus one that you put in "D".....

jonzer77
05-11-2014, 6:36 PM
Blue stuff is made for the lower half of the population, those with below average mechanical ability. That was Dillion's genius; make stuff that ANY moron can use. Why would you want to identify with them????

You have to have above average mechanical ability to operate Lee, especially the Loadmaster. It's like being able to drive a car with a manual transmission, versus one that you put in "D".....

Yes, I am sure Randall has below average mechanical ability. :facepalm:

CSACANNONEER
05-11-2014, 6:44 PM
Blue? Red? Damn you guys are low end press users. I'd donate that old Lee press to my local reloading club and buy a Hollywood, CH4D, Corbin, Walnut Hill, etc.

klewan
05-11-2014, 9:08 PM

Yes, I am sure Randall has below average mechanical ability. :facepalm:

He doesn't; if you've been around CG for a while. If he has blue stuff, it must be because he's lazy. Lee stuff requires the ability to observe what's happening and be able to adjust it. At least the Loadmaster. It's like the difference between a manual Bridgeport and a CNC one. It's that old devil; spacial relationships.

at_liberty
05-12-2014, 5:09 AM
Jeff213 - Well, lee wants $5 plus shipping for the replacement part. So I went out to the garage and welded mine back together (I made sure it was steel first), then finished sizing the batch of bullets with no problems so far.

This topic is settled, so there is no need to try to scuttle the thread with silly red/blue banter that sounds a little queer.

sghart
05-12-2014, 6:33 AM
This topic is settled, so there is no need to try to scuttle the thread with silly red/blue banter that sounds a little queer.

I have to agree. It never fails that any red/blue discussion devolves into something like this. And it is always the Dillon supporters that throw out homoerotic comparisons. This only reenforces their image as flighty metrosexuals with more money than sense.

Also, there seems to be posters in all of these threads that denigrate folks that don't have enough disposable income. One poster in this thread that "went there" even has his business banner displayed. I wonder if he would turn away potential customers at his business if he thought that they were of insufficient economic status.

Lee Precision's biggest draw has always been it's appeal to blue collar, working class people. I, for one, am proud to be a part of this group.

jonzer77
05-12-2014, 6:42 AM
I have to agree. It never fails that any red/blue discussion devolves into something like this. And it is always the Dillon supporters that throw out homoerotic comparisons. This only reenforces their image as flighty metrosexuals with more money than sense.

Also, there seems to be posters in all of these threads that denigrate folks that don't have enough disposable income. One poster in this thread that "went there" even has his business banner displayed. I wonder if he would turn away potential customers at his business if he thought that they were of insufficient economic status.

Lee Precision's biggest draw has always been it's appeal to blue collar, working class people. I, for one, am proud to be a part of this group.

Bumslie has a Dillon? He is the one that first brought others private parts into this thread so I am not quite sure what you're talking about.

Bumslie
05-12-2014, 7:38 AM
Bumslie has a Dillon? He is the one that first brought others private parts into this thread so I am not quite sure what you're talking about.

Of course a joke is taken seriously. But hey it's Calguns, I shouldn't be surprised.

People are so sensitive here, makes me think Calguns dominated by sensitive women on their periods.

JMP
05-12-2014, 9:12 AM
People are so sensitive here, makes me think Calguns dominated by sensitive women on their periods.
Seriously, I have no shame in shooting 9mm. Folks should get what suits them the best. Personally, my color coordination is very bad. My gear is rainbow.

Bumslie
05-12-2014, 9:16 AM
Seriously, I have no shame in shooting 9mm. Folks should get what suits them the best. Personally, my color coordination is very bad. My gear is rainbow.

We all know you sit to pee and like rainbows ;)

ar15barrels
05-12-2014, 9:45 AM
I wonder if he would turn away potential customers at his business if he thought that they were of insufficient economic status.

You are damn right that I turn away customers who can not afford to pay me.
I don't work for free unless it's a 1 minute job and you ask nicely and bring me a Skor bar...

JMP
05-12-2014, 9:47 AM
We all know you sit to pee and like rainbows ;)

Shamelessly guilty. I am even planning a really nice .223 BB shot rifle. I just haven't gotten around to it.

ETA...Speaking of which, I was going to contact ar15barrels when I get my rear in gear. I am glad to know he can help out with a case of Skor bars.

jonzer77
05-12-2014, 2:39 PM
Of course a joke is taken seriously. But hey it's Calguns, I shouldn't be surprised.

It's all in good fun and shouldn't be taken too seriously. Although I do shoot my 45s 3 weeks out of the month, there is that one week every month I take out my 9mm so you will just have to deal with it :)

Bumslie
05-12-2014, 2:45 PM
It's all in good fun and shouldn't be taken too seriously. Although I do shoot my 45s 3 weeks out of the month, there is that one week every month I take out my 9mm so you will just have to deal with it :)

If hornady ever gets off their butt and sends back my 2 dies, I could be shooting my "9mm" 1911

ar15barrels
05-12-2014, 2:46 PM
If hornady ever gets off their butt and sends back my 2 dies, I could be shooting my "9mm" 1911

Spares.
2 is 1.
1 is none...

CSACANNONEER
05-12-2014, 2:49 PM

Do you need to borrow a set?

Bumslie
05-12-2014, 2:51 PM
Do you need to borrow a set?

No I'm okay, but thanks. I'm taking a break from reloading and shooting for a while.

Bumslie
05-12-2014, 2:52 PM
Spares.
2 is 1.
1 is none...

As if right now, 2 is none with them. Same die, 2 different sets

ar15barrels
05-12-2014, 2:55 PM
As if right now, 2 is none with them. Same die, 2 different sets

That's a great track record.
I want to buy stuff from that company...

Bumslie
05-12-2014, 2:57 PM

We all get lemons sometimes. I guess it was just my turn.

One broke, and one was out of spec. Both brand new

jonzer77
05-12-2014, 3:51 PM

9mm 1911 with expensive brass lol

JMP
05-12-2014, 8:25 PM

It should be well known by this point that Hornady makes the most pathetic dies. They make Lee look like match grade.

ar15barrels
05-12-2014, 10:12 PM
We all get lemons sometimes. I guess it was just my turn.

One broke, and one was out of spec. Both brand new

One is a lemon.
Two is a pattern.