PDA

View Full Version : Ladies, where do you shop...

Pally
01-14-2014, 5:34 PM
for gun accessories, ammo and supplies?

I'm in So Cal so I usually go to Turners, Bass Pro, Ammo Bros. The selections are OK. It's hard to find some items and I end up going online to shop (Amazon, Midway, Brownells and other out-of-state firms.) Shipping=:(

Wherever I'm headed, I always like to stop in at the local shops (The Shootist, Warrior One, Fowlers ) and look around. Any cool shops out there in your opinion?

kaligaran
01-15-2014, 10:59 AM
I get most of my ammo from gun shows. I prefer to buy in bulk for cost reasons.

If you were interested in online sales of ammo and reloading you can check out http://gunbot.net/ which queries sites and will list by caliber what is in stock and how much it is per round. Yes, shipping costs are a concern with ammo online but worth a shot.

For other supplies I usually go online.

Hope that helps.

Off the Roster
01-15-2014, 12:17 PM
the majority of my ammo is from freedom munitions but now that oak tree has buckets of their reloads at similar prices i want to try that out. amazon sees my $ for targets and AR related items. my pistols are CZ so LGS do not really cater to my needs.

as far as shops go american gun works in glendale is my small business choice and oak tree's new showroom is dangerous.

movie zombie
01-15-2014, 3:51 PM
I too got a lot of my accessories and even ammo at gun shows.
never bought a gun from one of the gun show vendors, though.

Pally
01-15-2014, 3:54 PM
as far as shops go american gun works in glendale is my small business choice and oak tree's new showroom is dangerous.[/QUOTE]

Dangerous good or Dangerous bad?:D

Pally
01-15-2014, 4:00 PM
kaligaran & movie zombie: Thanks for the GS tips, I try to go as often as I can to the shows. I occasionally check out the query-type sites as well for ammo. Generally, I find it quite expensive. I do like to shop for the best bargains.;)

movie zombie
01-15-2014, 4:31 PM
price for the cow palace gun show is now $13 for entry.
admittedly, I have not been in years but I bought "extras".
I also did a lot of business with steve at Load-X and I know he ships: http://loadxammo.com/retailcat.html
but he does a lot of gun shows so I saved myself the shipping costs.
I usually called him in advance of a local gun show and put my order in.
admittedly, I was buying by the 500 box so that may have been why he was willing to hold my order for me until I arrived.

gun shows are tricky in that it helps lots to know what your local sources are selling things for. however, I always though it was good support the vendors because one day when I want them to be there they might not be there. conflicted I know.

I've also had good service from Eddy's in mountain view. perhaps the most woman friendly gun shop in the bay area, imo.

Pally
01-15-2014, 4:48 PM
mz: Yes, the cost of the shows & the parking is quite high these days. And, with the major crowds, I have stood in lines for 2 hours only to have them run out of ammo! While I am OK on ammo this season, I do wish I could find a retailer that had a decent stock of supplies. Amazon is hit and miss sometimes with the quality and descriptions of the products. I wish I could see it first before I buy. I'll just keep looking. PS...Eddy's has great reviews-too bad no website and no So Cal locations!:(

movie zombie
01-15-2014, 5:54 PM
Eddy's is so small you can't stand two-wide in the store! seriously!
it is named after the original Eddy's that was on Castro Street for many years and then closed for some years. it is his son that opened it and kept the name. I think his dad died a year or two ago.

how about cabelas?

Ricky-Ray
01-20-2014, 10:31 PM
for gun accessories, ammo and supplies?

I'm in So Cal so I usually go to Turners, Bass Pro, Ammo Bros. The selections are OK. It's hard to find some items and I end up going online to shop (Amazon, Midway, Brownells and other out-of-state firms.) Shipping=:(

Wherever I'm headed, I always like to stop in at the local shops (The Shootist, Warrior One, Fowlers ) and look around. Any cool shops out there in your opinion?

sgammo.com was the main place I bought ammo but the last time I ordered from them was back in 2012 before the ammo shortage. I had a good supply stocked up and since I was unemployed in 2013 I didn't hit the range as often as I was planning.

Check out Bullet_man911, http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=397946. I have not tired his ammo yet but I have quite a few friends that have purchased from him and swear by his ammo. I'll be placing an order with him as soon as I can find a permanent source of disposable income. :)

Have you looked at LA Police Gear (www.lapolicegear.com). They run sales pretty often and their customer service is really good. Only downside is they are in CA so you have to pay sales tax. Good part is if you are near them you can do a will-call.