PDA

View Full Version : G30 -> 10mm issues...

kauaibuilt
12-01-2013, 3:01 PM
So, I run a G30 w/ a 10mm extended storm lake barrel. Shoots accurately (I was hitting the 100yd steel about 40-50% of the time with blazer) and ejects brass fine BUT the trigger doesnt reset. I replaced the stock G30 RSA w/ an aftermarket extra power (23#) wolf spring and non-captive SS guide rod (http://www.glockstore.com/custom-parts-amp-accessories/wolff-guide-rods-w-spring)with no effect.

After the first shot I need to move the slide backward until the trigger resets forward before I can take a shot. However the next round does load during the cycling of the action without issues.

I dont know enough about the internal mechanics of the pistol but it seems as if the polymer frame is flexing and the slide is jumping the trigger mechanism on the reset - but what the heck do I know.

Any suggestions short of buying another pistol, a stripped slide, or selling my 10mm parts?

I did a google search and cant find anyone else having this issue (although its from work so a lot of websites are blocked). It does seem that an unloaded G29 is heavier than an unloaded G30 by about 20gm's - maybe extra slide weight?

sammy
12-01-2013, 3:22 PM
Put the stock connector back in it (you are running a Ghost, Right?. Ask me how i know. Has nothing to do with the barrel conversion.

kauaibuilt
12-01-2013, 3:30 PM
Put the stock connector back in it (you are running a Ghost, Right?. Ask me how i know. Has nothing to do with the barrel conversion.

How do you know????

It runs fine as G30 or G66 (30 w/ 36 slide) with the Ghost....

ETA: looked up "trigger reset" issues vs "conversion" issues and found a ton of threads. THANKS!

Whatisthis?
12-01-2013, 4:50 PM

I would've said the same thing. I tried a ghost connector in my G20. Did not reset the trigger. Put original back in and it worked just fine. Tried the same connector in a Glock 27, worked just fine.

Bill Steele
12-01-2013, 5:05 PM
Your issue may be related to slide velocity and the Ghost connector. You can do a search on GT Forums and there will be some recommendations on how to modify the ghost connector so it will work with the higher slide 10mm velocity, or you could call Ghost and discuss a fix or just go back to the stock connector.

I have Ghost Rocket connectors in all my 20 and 29's and I shoot some VERY hot loads with them, so they can work.

The 30 slide is lighter and will have a little higher velocity than the 29's when shooting similar 10mm loads. Nonetheless, I would go back to the stock RSA. IMO, it is superior to the aftermarket spring. I do replace stock single springs with an aftermarket 22lb spring when shooting hot 10mm, but the newer multi-spring setups work better in my experience than the heavy single spring units.

Good luck.