PDA

View Full Version : A little disappointed with my Albanian SKS

rambutan316
11-09-2013, 3:58 PM
I just got my Albie at my FFL today and am a little bit disappointed. I got this gun from Gunbroker and the description made it seem like a really good rifle: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=372507429

As you can see in the pics, there is a huge crack along the left side of the gun near the receiver, plus there's a hole in the trigger guard. My FFL dealer says this rifle should be okay to shoot as there doesn't appear to be any structural damage.

I think I'm going to be a lot more cautious on Gunbroker from now on. I definitely won't be buying any more used guns unless there's lots of pictures in the description. Other than these two flaws, though, the rifle is in good shape. Matching numbers, clean bore, and smooth action. I just wish I didn't overpay for what I thought would be a fantastic condition rifle.

The Paper Pimp
11-09-2013, 4:00 PM
those vent holes in the upper HG look way huge

Gavelek
11-09-2013, 4:13 PM
Interesting, I got one like that from a calgunner but I knew what I was buying, glue and clamp fixed the stock problem don't know about the trigger guard, looks like a cosmetic flaw, those guns have been a used a lot, usually they have been serving Chinese and then passed to their Albanians friends
I wonder how much you paid for it, if you don't mind sharing, good luck with fixing it, it should be a great shooter

SemperFi1775
11-09-2013, 5:26 PM
those vent holes in the upper HG look way huge

albanian sks has longer gas tube than other sks, and is more expensive than chinese, yugo and romanian...

fal_762x51
11-09-2013, 7:19 PM
You can fix the stock! http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewforum.php?f=83&sid=4d142c9db7c8991fb923fca09b861384 Post over there and "Candyman" will help you revive the stock. Don't worry.

I have seen vent holes vary in size. Pull the trigger assembly and plug weld it. It will be okay.

rambutan316
11-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the tips fal! I'm still happy with the gun despite its flaws.

someR1
11-11-2013, 12:16 PM
confront the seller and tell him you want a partial refund . If he says no leave him negative feedback.

kalieracer
11-11-2013, 3:17 PM
you paid 499 for that SKS?

The Bubble
11-11-2013, 6:37 PM
Stop *****ing and start building... You should have got an AR if you feel this 40 plus year rifle was going to be BNiB status...

hifiguns
11-11-2013, 7:08 PM
Was it cracked during shipping? It's hard to tell from the GB photo if there was a crack because it's blurry. Ask the seller if it was cracked before he shipped it. Maybe he can refund some of your money. Listings with a single crappy photo make you wonder what the seller is trying to hide.

Mossy Man
11-11-2013, 7:30 PM
Stop *****ing and start building... You should have got an AR if you feel this 40 plus year rifle was going to be BNiB status...

lol what are you talking about? This is the condition Colt is shipping out it's 6920s these days...

In other news, I wouldn't be too worried about it. You can fix the stock, and you fix the trigger guard. I'd probably just get a choate poly stock or buy a cheap wood take off and refinish.

RobGR
11-11-2013, 10:04 PM
But still, sold with a huge crack, not even mentioning it in the listing??!!! **** that, I agree, confront seller, don't settle for some BS that it happened in shipping. Don't even talk about shipping with him, simply state the firearm sent to me is not what was described as any such flaw should have been detailed in the listing. Do it politely and then politely ask for a $200 refund for the repairs.

Bobby Ricigliano
11-12-2013, 8:29 AM
Your title is misleading. You should be disappointed with the seller, not the weapon.