jfifer
10-30-2013, 11:04 PM
Get rid of your brother.

kygen
10-30-2013, 11:08 PM
giving a rifle to the UPS guy.......I don't even know what to say to that

Off the Roster
10-30-2013, 11:11 PM
Call the PD, call UPS, and yeah your brother should have no access to your firearms. the way this posts reads is: my brother gave my rifle to a UPS driver who has no authority over grievances nor any paperwork to support his claim. so ups driver now has your rifle to use however he sees fit (or unfit as the as may be).

i would actually call this rifle "stolen" if it were not for the fact your brother willingly handed it over. idk if this is a felony, but it smells like one and you may have to ditch your brother in order to be able to keep your guns.

r31ncarnat3d
10-30-2013, 11:11 PM
Like I said, lacks street smarts and not something I would ever do. That said, I can't go back in time and change what happened so any advice on where to go from here (short of taking away access from my weapons - that's happening) will be appreciated.

Call the PD, call UPS, and yeah your brother should have no access to your firearms. the way this posts reads is: my brother gave my rifle to a UPS driver who has no authority over grievances nor any paperwork to support his claim. so ups driver now has your rifle to use however he sees fit (or unfit as the as may be).

i would actually call this rifle "stolen" if it were not for the fact your brother willingly handed it over.

It was originally so in a HD situation where I wasn't home, he could do something about it. I never worried about personal safety since I trained him myself and know he's a safe user. Never thought about it from a common sense perspective though. I know, really stupid decision on my part to allow access and never happening again with anyone. I also had the same thought that it would be a stolen weapon if it weren't for the fact my brother voluntarily handed it over =/

SWalt
10-30-2013, 11:13 PM
Order a stock and a scope......brother gives him the whole rifle? Where are the items that were damaged? You said you bought them else where to replace the damaged ones. UPS guy is incharge of getting items back or they will file charges? All sounds too fishy to me.

r31ncarnat3d
10-30-2013, 11:15 PM
Order a stock and a scope......brother gives him the whole rifle? Where are the items that were damaged? You said you bought them else where to replace the damaged ones. UPS guy is incharge of getting items back or they will file charges? All sounds too fishy to me.

Original ones I tossed because they were damaged and unusable (and in the case of the stock, dangerous to use). I sold off the second pair I bought and was planning on selling my R700 to another CL when I got back.

Right now I'm also wondering if the boss was planning on filing charges against me directly, though his company, or was communicating that the merchant wanted to. In any case, it's a really stupid situation I never thought I'd be in.

battleship
10-30-2013, 11:15 PM
This is a joke right.
To the UPS guy are you Effin kidding me. Get the F out of my face before i call the cops.

as_rocketman
10-30-2013, 11:16 PM
Yeah, this sounds... interesting.

Just curious, do you have any evidence that this happened, or is it all your brother's say-so?

r31ncarnat3d
10-30-2013, 11:17 PM
This is a joke right.
To the UPS guy are you Effin kidding me. Get the F out of my face before i call the cops.

I wish. It's 2AM where I am right now and I can't sleep because of this. The fact that I have a weapon outside my control in the hands of someone I don't know is worrying me immensely.

Yeah, this sounds... interesting.

Just curious, do you have any evidence that this happened, or is it all your brother's say-so?

No evidence but it sounds true to me. My brother is not malicious, but he is seriously naive and lacks street smarts. As for personal gain, I don't know what he'd do with it. He can't sell it as it's under my name, I doubt he'd even know where to begin looking to sell it illegally, and we live together so it's not like he can hide a rifle from me.

jeffyhog
So you're saying your regular UPS driver took the rifle after your brother gave it to him? This makes no sense and hard to believe. The boss is not going to file charges.

Did the driver have a Damage Call Tag? If that was the case, he would have asked for the damaged items, boxed and taped, to take in for inspection. But not the entire rifle. That makes no sense. If he took the whole rifle, you need to call UPS right away.

2nd Mass
Sounds like either theft or an illegal transfer on the part of UPS. That's just insane. Might want to call a firearms attorney quick. Either way UPS sounds liable for possessing an unregistered firearm. Hopefully someone here knows exactly what you can do to get it back before they do something stupid with it. Have you contacted UPS yet? UPS is in a very liable position right now.

Off the Roster
10-30-2013, 11:18 PM
OP do you have a friend that can go get your keys from your brother until you get home?

r31ncarnat3d
10-30-2013, 11:20 PM
Sounds like either theft or an illegal transfer on the part of UPS. That's just insane. Might want to call a firearms attorney quick. Either way UPS sounds liable for possessing an unregistered firearm. Hopefully someone here knows exactly what you can do to get it back before they do something stupid with it. Have you contacted UPS yet?

Haven't been able to. I called as soon as I heard (~7PM PST) and wasn't able to get through to the local UPS department. Planning on calling the PD first tomorrow to have a legal paper trail before calling UPS.

And thanks for the "illegal transfer". I didn't know that was a thing but it's the term I was looking for to describe the situation. I already have a lawyer in CA as well and contacted with everything and she will be helping me with this. However she's not knowledgeable with guns and this situation sounds very outside of normal so I wanted to get CL's perspective as well.

OP do you have a friend that can go get your keys from your brother until you get home?

Oh, sorry forgot to add that it's already taken care of. Friend of mine now has my keys.

as_rocketman
10-30-2013, 11:21 PM
No evidence but it sounds true to me.

Uh huh. Well, the only advice I can give is to establish what actually happened as quickly and thoroughly as possible.

You said it was "The Regular UPS Guy." Get a name, a precise time, truck number if possible. Work from there and write down absolutely everything, no matter how speculative or half-remembered. Good luck.

r31ncarnat3d
10-30-2013, 11:22 PM
Uh huh. Well, the only advice I can give is to establish what actually happened as quickly and thoroughly as possible.

You said it was "The Regular UPS Guy." Get a name, a precise time, truck number if possible. Work from there and write down absolutely everything, no matter how speculative or half-remembered. Good luck.

Thanks a ton, will do.

2nd Mass
10-30-2013, 11:23 PM
A firearms attorney may be more prudent or have your attorney consult with one. The "illegal transfer" part might also scoop up your brother however unlikely.

JESSCLOKES
10-30-2013, 11:25 PM
Id say before taking legal action make sure your brother isnt playing a prank you. Get a friend to go to the house and verify

r31ncarnat3d
A firearms attorney may be more prudent or have your attorney consult with one. The "illegal transfer" part might also scoop up your brother however unlikely.

Huh, did not know that was a specific field either. Thanks again for this, I'll def look some up.

And honestly, while I would like for my brother to not get in trouble, in the end he did give my rifle to someone and I really would rather not have a firearm loose in public like that.

Off the Roster
No offense but my gut is saying this is a halloween "trick."

Vertigofirearms
10-30-2013, 11:26 PM
Don't know how to put this.... but your brother isn't doing you or himself any help. (For all you know, the UPS guy could have been a felon. Or your brother is hiding some facts from you.)

r31ncarnat3d
10-30-2013, 11:26 PM
No offense but my gut is saying this is a halloween "trick."

If it is, it's a stupid one but still preferable to all this being real.

JDay
10-30-2013, 11:30 PM
Why would UPS even know about the charge back? That's between you, your bank and the vendor your ordered the parts from. Something smells fishy.

2nd Mass
10-30-2013, 11:33 PM
Check the attorneys on here. Also Michel & Associates (562) 216-4444. You can look them up online as well. They've handled everything from repealing unconstitutional firearms laws to getting a kids suspension revoked. They're the NRA lawyers in Cali and they actively keep calguns updated on cali legal actions. I've also heard of Don Kilmer's name thrown around here and there.

r31ncarnat3d
10-30-2013, 11:33 PM
Why would UPS even know about the charge back? That's between you, your bank and the vendor your ordered the parts from. Something smells fishy.

Honestly, no clue. I'm telling you guys all I know.

Check the attorneys on here. Also Michel & Associates (562) 216-4444. You can look them up online as well. They've handled everything from repealing unconstitutional firearms laws to getting a kids suspension revoked. They're the NRA lawyers in Cali and they actively keep calguns updated on cali legal actions. I've also heard of Don Kilmer's name thrown around here and there.

2nd Mass you have been a godsend. I'll def look them up. If Im ever in your neck of the woods, I owe you a beer.

JDay
10-30-2013, 11:35 PM
Sounds like either theft or an illegal transfer on the part of UPS. That's just insane. Might want to call a firearms attorney quick. Either way UPS sounds liable for possessing an unregistered firearm.

The illegal transfer would also be on the part of his brother, and long guns are not registered in California until next year. And then it's only for new transfers.

Don't know how to put this.... but your brother isn't doing you or himself any help. (For all you know, the UPS guy could have been a felon. Or your brother is hiding some facts from you.)

UPS doesn't hire felons.

tonyxcom
10-30-2013, 11:45 PM
This makes no sense.

UPS denied the claim. Ok. So you did a chargeback with your CC. The chargeback was between the seller and the CC company. NOTHING to do with UPS anymore.

What did the CC company to tell you to do with the damaged items once they completed the chargeback. Don't they tell you to send them back? Or did they basically insure your purchase with protections provided by being a card holder? In which case it wasn't a chargeback and probably wouldn't even involve the original seller.

In any event, UPS already told the seller/shipper to pound sand when they denied the claim. Why would UPS try to recover anything from you on behalf of the shipper?

Someone is lying here. I don't think the UPS was at your house today.

JackRydden224
10-30-2013, 11:55 PM
The first thing you need to do is call up your brother and make sure he isn't effing with you. Let your brother know that you are going to call the PD and he might be in trouble with the law if he just handed a rifle over to someone without a proper transfer. He should give away if this is a joke.

This story doesn't make a whole lot of sense because the UPS guy should not have any knowledge of the product he is dropping off let alone the fact that you own any firearms. My UPS guy doesn't know what's in my packages. He also would not know about any claims because that's coming from a completely different department. My logic tells me that your brother is effing with you.

r31ncarnat3d
10-30-2013, 11:56 PM
This makes no sense.

UPS denied the claim. Ok. So you did a chargeback with your CC. The chargeback was between the seller and the CC company. NOTHING to do with UPS anymore.

Hence why I don't know why they're trying to get involved. They did try to contact me during the chargeback/after claim was denied, but I ignored it since it didn't involve them and they had already denied my claim

What did the CC company to tell you to do with the damaged items once they completed the chargeback. Don't they tell you to send them back? Or did they basically insure your purchase with protections provided by being a card holder? In which case it wasn't a chargeback and probably wouldn't even involve the original seller.

Nothing. I kept the parts around during the chargeback, but once approved I just chucked them. They never asked me to send it back and no use keeping a scope I can't use and a stock that's too dangerous to use. As for the insurance, that I have no clue about. I do know the merchant has insurance with UPS, but no idea on my credit card company themselves.

In any event, UPS already told the seller/shipper to pound sand when they denied the claim. Why would UPS try to recover anything from you on behalf of the shipper?

Someone is lying here. I don't think the UPS was at your house today.

Again, no idea why they would. I highly doubt my brother is lying though because he's naive but not malicious, and I do know UPS tried to contact me once for w/e reason.

JDay
10-30-2013, 11:58 PM
This story doesn't make a whole lot of sense because the UPS guy should not have any knowledge of the product he is dropping off let alone the fact that you own any firearms.

Do you ever order ammo online? Heavy packages marked "ORM-D" are a dead giveaway that someone owns firearms. I'm sure my UPS guy knows I own guns.

jeffyhog
10-31-2013, 12:01 AM
First of all, how did both the stock and the scope arrive damaged? I've seen some crappy packaging jobs and I've seen some inexcusable shipping damages, but a scope should be well packaged in a box, and packaged in another box.
So you called the shipper about the damage. They should have initiated a claim, and the UPS driver should have returned with a Damage Call Tag to pick up the damaged items for inspection. I don't see how UPS would deny a claim without picking up the alleged damaged goods. It sounds like you denied receipt of the package, UPS said they knew it was delivered, and denied the claim.
Anyway, you do a chargeback on the credit card against the vendor. How would UPS know this, and why would they care if they've already denied the claim?
So you order another stock and scope, and when they arrive, you promptly sell those items?
Then the UPS driver shows up and demands your rifle? Why? And the driver took it without it being boxed up?
I don't know who the scammer is, but I don't believe for a minute that the UPS driver took the rifle.

tonyxcom
10-31-2013, 12:03 AM
Post pictures of the damaged items.

tonyxcom
10-31-2013, 12:04 AM
There are only two possibilities here.

1. Brother is lying.
2. OP is lying.

Zamble
10-31-2013, 12:05 AM
I have had to do charge backs before. But I made every attempt to send the merchandise back to the vendor. And my bank now, also has a policy to return the damaged item, even if they refuse to respond to my emails and calls, I still try.

iluvmycolt
10-31-2013, 12:14 AM
Something fishy going on around here...

JackRydden224
10-31-2013, 12:16 AM
Do you ever order ammo online? Heavy packages marked "ORM-D" are a dead giveaway that someone owns firearms. I'm sure my UPS guy knows I own guns.

Actually ORM-D refers to hazardous material which can be many things besides ammunition. Chemicals also belong in that category. You are also assuming that the UPS guy pays attention so every little detail for every customer which I'm sure they don't.

This story just smells like BS, full of BS. Too many things that don't make sense.

Fryall4
10-31-2013, 12:18 AM
Whoa man....

It's an illegal transfer with a twist of theft.

If there's no history of drug abuse/ gambling/ etc. from your brother, definitely make sure he isn't screwing with you as others suggested.

Talk to hometown law enforcement first thing in the morning, and see what your options are. You don't want to be charged. It's all gonna start there. UPS isn't gonna help at all, and I highly doubt the driver/ boss would admit to anything. There is where it's going to be difficult.

If they say they have no idea what you are talking about... your weapon is gone. The burden of proof lies with you at this point, to prove an actual UPS employee took possession of the weapon. Unless they admit they have the rifle, it's your brother's word against theirs. If they know or subsequently find out that what transpired is illegal, I fear it's all going to rest with the detectives that get assigned to your gun theft case.

Hang in there man, and keep us up on the details. I'm sure more advice and brother bashing :D is up on deck-

Whatisthis?
10-31-2013, 12:24 AM
Yeah. I honestly don't think the ups guy was at your house today. It's either a joke or your brother is the biggest dumbass ever, with a high probability of both. Also, get a real safe.

If he indeed handed the rifle over to the ups guy, knowing which guy he handed it over to would be your best bet of ever seeing it again.

Oh, and when you return, I would check things out and see if your brother has something new laying around or has some extra cash. Based on your judgement that a cable lock through the rifle makes it secure, I wouldn't rule out a misjudgment of your brothers character and/or abilities. You don't have to like what I said, but without knowing the real situation back at your place in Cali, these are some thoughts that ran through me head.

Hopefully it all works out and your brother was being a dumbass and was just joking.

CBR_rider
10-31-2013, 12:32 AM
UPS vehicles may have GPS tracking on them... something which could confirm/disprove your brother's story. Sounds extremely fishy, though it is remotely possible. Never underestimate the stupidity of people (whether it is your brother, a UPS driver, or both).

Fun story as an example: One day a few years back a fleet mechanic decided to steal a department issued AR15 locked in a patrol vehicle. Security cameras around maintenance captured him removing the AR and putting it in his car. AR was found at his house after they gave him one chance to 'fess up; he wore a nice jumpsuit for many years afterwards.

r31ncarnat3d
10-31-2013, 12:43 AM
First of all, how did both the stock and the scope arrive damaged? I've seen some crappy packaging jobs and I've seen some inexcusable shipping damages, but a scope should be well packaged in a box, and packaged in another box.
So you called the shipper about the damage. They should have initiated a claim, and the UPS driver should have returned with a Damage Call Tag to pick up the damaged items for inspection. I don't see how UPS would deny a claim without picking up the alleged damaged goods. It sounds like you denied receipt of the package, UPS said they knew it was delivered, and denied the claim.
Anyway, you do a chargeback on the credit card against the vendor. How would UPS know this, and why would they care if they've already denied the claim?
So you order another stock and scope, and when they arrive, you promptly sell those items?
Then the UPS driver shows up and demands your rifle? Why? And the driver took it without it being boxed up?
I don't know who the scammer is, but I don't believe for a minute that the UPS driver took the rifle.

It looked like the packaging box had been stomped on. Big dent on the box that somehow damaged both the stock and the scope. It was the stock that confused me more because it had aluminum in it.

As to why UPS denied, I don't know, but a quick Google search shows I'm not the only one this has happened to. (https://www.google.com/search?q=UPS+denied+insurance+damage&oq=UPS+denied+insurance+damage&aqs=chrome..69i57.3773j0j1&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8) Just because something should have happened doesn't mean it did.

As for selling, I sold it (and was selling the rifle) because I planned on making an accurized rifle for long distance but instead decided to use the money to travel. You can see my R700 has been for sale long before this incident as well as the majority of my gun collection + ammo.

As for everything else, I'm relaying everything I was told and know.

Post pictures of the damaged items.

1. Brother is lying.
2. OP is lying.

I came on here asking for help. I don't know why anyone would try to lie about something like this, but I'm not going to waste time trying to prove myself.

I have had to do charge backs before. But I made every attempt to send the merchandise back to the vendor. And my bank now, also has a policy to return the damaged item, even if they refuse to respond to my emails and calls, I still try.

Yea, I'm realizing now I was a bit stupid for tossing the broken merchandise too. I never thought of returning it since the CC approved the chargeback and didn't ask for it. Learning experience though - I'll def do that from now on. Again, shortsightedness and immaturity on my part here.

Yeah. I honestly don't think the ups guy was at your house today. It's either a joke or your brother is the biggest dumbass ever, with a high probability of both. Also, get a real safe.

If he indeed handed the rifle over to the ups guy, knowing which guy he handed it over to would be your best bet of ever seeing it again.

Oh, and when you return, I would check things out and see if your brother has something new laying around or has some extra cash. Based on your judgement that a cable lock through the rifle makes it secure, I wouldn't rule out a misjudgment of your brothers character and/or abilities. You don't have to like what I said, but without knowing the real situation back at your place in Cali, these are some thoughts that ran through me head.

Hopefully it all works out and your brother was being a dumbass and was just joking.

I already know which one since we really only have one driver. Honestly while I'd like to see my rifle again, I'm more worried with the legal implications of this. I'd like to make sure I'm not on the hook for assault/murder if my rifle is ever used in a crime first. This is my biggest priority right now as there's a weapon out there tied to my name. I'll worry about the monetary loss later.

And I don't think I worded it clearly but I did have a safe as well as individual locks for all my guns. I'll def keep my eyes out for any weird purchases my brother has though. It would make life a lot easier if I was physically back in Cali right now to handle this personally.

UPS vehicles may have GPS tracking on them... something which could confirm/disprove your brother's story. Sounds extremely fishy, though it is remotely possible. Never underestimate the stupidity of people (whether it is your brother, a UPS driver, or both).

Fun story as an example: One day a few years back a fleet mechanic decided to steal a department issued AR15 locked in a patrol vehicle. Security cameras around maintenance captured him removing the AR and putting it in his car. AR was found at his house after they gave him one chance to 'fess up; he wore a nice jumpsuit for many years afterwards.

Many thanks to you too. I didn't know UPS was GPS equipped. This should make it very easy to get to the bottom of this.

johnny1290
10-31-2013, 1:15 AM
There's a UPS hub near my house. Some of the drivers would by appearance and mannerisms appear to be very streetwise. Might be saints, but their *appearance* is questionable.

That said, I sure hope this is a joke, because that story is ridic.

Safety1st
10-31-2013, 1:46 AM
Sorry bud, somethings not right. Could your brother have a substance abuse problem you don't know about? Might want to check if everything in your house is accounted for: electronics, money, checks missing from checkbook, etc.

tozan
10-31-2013, 2:43 AM
Interesting dilemma...

If that gun is used in a crime, you would be in trouble and you might be may be anyway.

You, your brother and the ups driver could all be charged for illegally transferring a firearm. This is a very serious situation. I don't know but if illegal transfer is a felony you might lose your right to own firearms too.

You might want to hire an attorney before calling police or anyone else.

toby
10-31-2013, 3:45 AM
troll

indetrucks
10-31-2013, 4:31 AM
This is a joke right.

This was my thought at first as well.
I don't even believe this thread. It makes no sense...

Your brother must ride the short bus or wears a helmet 24/7. Because handing over a firearm to the guy who drives the brown delivery truck is bonkers. :facepalm:

LCU1670
10-31-2013, 5:06 AM
Doesn't make sense, call the police from where you are at, and file a report.

Stewdabaker23
10-31-2013, 5:23 AM
So much fail here.

Step1- kick your brothers *** and then throw him in the lake when cement shoes.

Step2- Call pd and file a stolen gun report.

Step3- Raise all holy hell with UPS, go to the local customer service center.

Stewdabaker23
10-31-2013, 5:29 AM
Also I have never heard of UPS pressing charges for filing a claim because of damage.
After thinking about this more there is some shady **** here.

Either the UPS driver was attempting to get some free **** or YOUR A TROLL? ??

zfields
10-31-2013, 5:52 AM
Let us know when you find your brother's dope stash, because it some debt to pay.

sent from my damn tappy device...

ReadyVallejo
10-31-2013, 6:01 AM
<snip>... i would actually call this rifle "stolen" if it were not for the fact your brother willingly handed it over. idk if this is a felony, but it smells like one and you may have to ditch your brother in order to be able to keep your guns.Theft by deception's still theft.

teetsjones
10-31-2013, 6:07 AM
After the charge back the merchandise is once again the property of the seller. The items should have been returned to the seller. Your CC simply removes money from the vendors account. Your CC does not pay for the items.

I think the vendor asked UPS to recover the items. When UPS comes to pick up the items, your brother is confused as to what has happened and what needs to be returned. So in this confusion he hands over the rifle after the threat of lawsuit. The description of the items may have been rifle parts for an R700.

Your rifle is either at UPS or on the way to the vendor. I'm sure the vendor wanted the stock and scope back in order to substantiate the legitimacy of the charge back. They don't know if there is real damage or if your are claiming damage in order to get the items for free.

Put yourself in their position. Say you sold something online to someone and shipped it to them. Then they contact you and want a refund because of damaged goods. Would you blindly refund the money without any evidence of damage?

sl0re10
10-31-2013, 6:07 AM
cool story bro... don't buy it.

gogohopper
10-31-2013, 6:10 AM

1. Brother is lying.
2. OP is lying.

+1.

Tripper
10-31-2013, 6:41 AM
same thought that it would be a stolen weapon if it weren't for the fact my brother voluntarily handed it over =/

It was NOT voluntary
It was extortion
He handed it over under threat/duress

NytWolf
10-31-2013, 7:01 AM
Today though, our usual UPS guy came to our apartment. My brother (who lives with me) answered the door. Our UPS guy said his boss wanted to press charges against me over the previous transaction, but was willing to disregard this if I relinquish my rifle.

I say start here. Press charges for what? You haven't mentioned it.
What did you do to the UPS guy's boss?

guns4life
10-31-2013, 7:08 AM
What the ****?

shooterfpga
10-31-2013, 7:10 AM
Calguns never disappoints....

10-31-2013, 7:12 AM
Hahah I get it! Its a happy halloween scary story. Press charges on your brother.

doctor_vals
10-31-2013, 7:20 AM

Exactly!

And what will happen if "UPS guy" will shoot somebody with that rifle?
Who will go to jail....

davek8s
10-31-2013, 7:23 AM
UPS drivers are pretty well paid and have a decent benefit\ retirement package.

I really doubt that a UPS employee would risk his job over a rifle. This sounds like a story concocted by the OPs brother.

AKSOG
10-31-2013, 7:26 AM
Something stinks here. I'm guessing either a bunk story by the brother or the UPS driver was an impersonator. Call the police and report the rifle stolen

njineermike
10-31-2013, 7:27 AM
I'd contact UPS guy and inform him if he doesn't have the rifle that was illegally transferred to him back at your door by the end of the day, you'll report him to the ATF as being in possession of an illegally transferred stolen firearm, at which point he'll lose any right to have any guns at all. See if that tightens up his starfish.

geedavell
10-31-2013, 7:28 AM
troll

That what I'm thinking.
Why would anyone throw away a scope "because I have no use for it"?

JDay
10-31-2013, 7:29 AM
UPS drivers are pretty well paid and have a decent benefit\ retirement package.

I really doubt that a UPS employee would risk his job over a rifle. This sounds like a story concocted by the OPs brother.

Yep, they also have to work at UPS for many years to become a driver.

You've all been trolled hard.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Motor Man
10-31-2013, 7:31 AM
Tagged, got to see how this soap opera turns out.

JMP
10-31-2013, 7:36 AM
I hate to break it to you, but that Nigerian guy wearing the UPS uniform doesn't actually work for UPS.

NorCalFocus
10-31-2013, 7:37 AM
Yes UPS has GPS tracking on their trucks. It records everytime they stop, back up, ro drive without their seat belt.

I'm almost 100% sure UPS would not press charges in the case of a charge back.

Baboosh
10-31-2013, 7:37 AM
In for OCTOBER FOOLS!

robcoe
10-31-2013, 7:49 AM
I am upgrading this story from mackerel to tuna

OP, I don't know if you are being sincere or not, but you have to see how people think this is really fishy, assuming you are telling the truth several crimes have been committed and things are about to get interesting. Also if the story is true sorry to tell you but your brother is clearly mentally handicapped(this is way past not street smart)

SactoDoug
10-31-2013, 7:51 AM
The Domino's Pizza guy just knocked on my door. He said that I am illegally parked. If I hand him my BMW's keys, he won't press charges.

What should I do?!?!

Please respond quickly. I can only stall him for so long!

JDay
10-31-2013, 7:52 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-_dStEZJLa4/TQq1iflQzHI/AAAAAAAAAPE/D45yVu7kE5w/s280/trololo-lolo-trololo.jpg

shooterfpga
10-31-2013, 8:09 AM
The Domino's Pizza guy just knocked on my door. He said that I am illegally parked. If I hand him my BMW's keys, he won't press charges.

What should I do?!?!

Give him your guns to stall him longer

Ninja45
10-31-2013, 8:12 AM
I call shenanigans!

JDay
10-31-2013, 8:15 AM
I call shenanigans!

http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37317&d=1337397148

hellayella
10-31-2013, 8:21 AM
full of FUD

rkt88edmo
10-31-2013, 8:33 AM
Story does not add up. Hope you can get to the bottom of it. Your brother have any history of substance abuse? If he isn't but he is naive enough for you to believe the UPS story, then I think one of his acquaintances stole it or swindled it from him and he made up the UPS cover story.

SonofWWIIDI
10-31-2013, 8:37 AM
Happy Halloween, I know what costume you're wearing-- :troll:.

Trick or treat!

USMCM16A2
10-31-2013, 8:41 AM
April fool................I call bull****. Our little troll wants to see all the gun-idiots react like snails to salt. Adam is that you? Say hi to Leland........Vons has tenderloins and suntan lotionon sale. A2

bill_k_lopez
10-31-2013, 8:47 AM
THIS THREAD DELIVERS!

Ritchie8719
10-31-2013, 8:49 AM
This is a joke right.

Pretty sure.

Scuba951
10-31-2013, 8:51 AM
After the charge back the merchandise is once again the property of the seller. The items should have been returned to the seller. Your CC simply removes money from the vendors account. Your CC does not pay for the items.

I think the vendor asked UPS to recover the items. When UPS comes to pick up the items, your brother is confused as to what has happened and what needs to be returned. So in this confusion he hands over the rifle after the threat of lawsuit. The description of the items may have been rifle parts for an R700.

Your rifle is either at UPS or on the way to the vendor. I'm sure the vendor wanted the stock and scope back in order to substantiate the legitimacy of the charge back. They don't know if there is real damage or if your are claiming damage in order to get the items for free.

Put yourself in their position. Say you sold something online to someone and shipped it to them. Then they contact you and want a refund because of damaged goods. Would you blindly refund the money without any evidence of damage?

This is basically what I was thinking.

MudCamper
10-31-2013, 8:54 AM
Brother pawned the rifle for drug money. That or the OP is playing April Fools on CalGuns.

HUTCH 7.62
10-31-2013, 8:56 AM
Brother pawned the rifle for drug money. That or the OP is playing April Fools on CalGuns.

What he said:D

QQQ
10-31-2013, 8:56 AM

This is the first thing I thought of

tamalpias
10-31-2013, 8:58 AM
Order a stock and a scope......brother gives him the whole rifle? Where are the items that were damaged? You said you bought them else where to replace the damaged ones. UPS guy is incharge of getting items back or they will file charges? All sounds too fishy to me.He knew that the OP bought and stole used his position to steal that rifle plain and simple if this story line is true. It is the merchant's responsibility to get back their damaged parts, UPS is not a collection agency.

Original ones I tossed because they were damaged and unusable (and in the case of the stock, dangerous to use). I sold off the second pair I bought and was planning on selling my R700 to another CL when I got back.

Right now I'm also wondering if the boss was planning on filing charges against me directly, though his company, or was communicating that the merchant wanted to. In any case, it's a really stupid situation I never thought I'd be in.

Your second big mistake, now how are you going to prove the parts where damaged upon delivery? If you did a charge back on your CC and wanted your money back that broken part does not belong to you to throw away. The vendor has the rights to ask for those parts back.

This entire story has so many holes in it that it all sounds very fishy. Either the OP is as naive (i am not going to use the word dumb)as he comes across or this entire story is a bunch of BS.

Wnick308
10-31-2013, 9:00 AM

Yup, way too many problems that don't add up.

Sent 2700 feet per second.

P5Ret
10-31-2013, 9:01 AM
Who has less street smarts here, the guy who allegedly gave the gun to the "UPS GUY" or the guy who believed the story, and calls it a confiscation?

DougJ
10-31-2013, 9:02 AM
1. Troll-a-riffic, or

2. Thinks it April 1st, or

3. Brother traded the rifle for meth

caferacer
10-31-2013, 9:07 AM
Halloween prank. Either the brother is trolling the OP, or the OP is trolling CG.

kellyhachihachi
10-31-2013, 9:20 AM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/d/d1/d113eea1_781592d1363530457-ride-your-birthday-suit-birthday-thread-5f600f89_not-sure-if-serious.jpeg

Brb gonna go check my safe and make sure the paper boy hasnt ran off with my guns

Sullivado09
10-31-2013, 9:23 AM
why did you label this thread CONFISCATION? just to get all the gun guys riled up. why didnt you just say STOLEN fool?

your dumbass brother GAVE it away.

cabinetguy
10-31-2013, 9:39 AM
Does your brother require a helmet? Otherwise I don't think a two year old would do that

Stewdabaker23
10-31-2013, 9:56 AM
So you threw away the damaged items that UPS delivered? ??

If that's the case, its official ...your a troll, DIE.

Ron-Solo
10-31-2013, 10:06 AM
if not this:

Sorry bud, somethings not right. Could your brother have a substance abuse problem you don't know about? Might want to check if everything in your house is accounted for: electronics, money, checks missing from checkbook, etc.

Then this:

troll

SoldierLife7
10-31-2013, 10:12 AM
Hmmm...something isn't adding up.

Butttt, cool story bro!

jeffyhog
10-31-2013, 10:13 AM
Most scopes of any quality have great warranties. So you threw it away without contacting the manufacturer to see about repair?
I don't believe one bit of this story, but here's some common sense advice about shipped items. If something arrives damaged, never throw away the items or the packaging material, and take pictures to document the damage.

crufflers
10-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Earlier this month, the OP was trying to SELL a Zeiss Conquest scope and a Rem 700 with B&C M40 stock he needed money and was bumping the hell out of the for sale thread. Look at his post history.

Packy14
10-31-2013, 10:29 AM
something is very very fishy.

crufflers
10-31-2013, 10:31 AM
Here's his rifle... so I'm thinking a possibility is that (if THIS is the SAME rifle/stock and scope he's talking about) he got the charge back even though the items were NOT damaged, and sold the rifle or was TRYING to sell it. And... who knows what really happened with UPS.

I doubt they have his rifle. He probably has the rifle hidden or sold it.

Hey there Calgunners,

I'm selling a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50mm scope. It was mounted on my Remington 700 but hasn't actually been used yet. Was planning on having fun with it but now I need the money.

The scope has the mildot reticle and will come with Butler Creek flip open covers.

Retails for $800, asking EDIT: $700 OBO for these.

http://puu.sh/4k9Ds.jpg
http://puu.sh/4k9DU.jpg

indetrucks
10-31-2013, 10:35 AM
why did you label this thread CONFISCATION? just to get all the gun guys riled up. why didnt you just say STOLEN fool?

your dumbass brother GAVE it away.

lol ...

I just totally picture my UPS girl knocking on my door and being like... "um yeah, I'm gonna need your firearms or my boss is gonna sue you"

Check the local pawn shop, your brother totally went Chumlee with your $h!t

indetrucks
10-31-2013, 10:37 AM
ps,
this thread should be in the "best of" for calguns.

crufflers
10-31-2013, 10:40 AM
He posted that he SOLD the fancy stock and is trying to sell the rifle with original stock here:

Make: Remington

Model: 700 SPS-Varmint

Caliber: .308 Winchester

Location (city or county): Stockton, CA or East Bay Area

Price: $650 OBO

Will ship (Y/N): N

Reposting because I sold the B&C M40 stock so now this will be shipping with the standard stock.

Up for sale is a Remington SPS-Varmint chambered in .308 Winchester. It will come with the standard stock, a Blackhawk sling, a 20MOA weaver scope base, and an additional Hogue overmolded stock.

Asking $650

crufflers
10-31-2013, 10:46 AM
ps,
this thread should be in the "best of" for calguns.

REALLY! Fun stuff, hahah. If it is a TROLL it isn't bad.

Especially if he planted fake FOR SALE posts earlier in the month just to enhance the story.

I think he is just lying after he tried some lame brained scam, but why would he need to post it here?

Cereal Killer
10-31-2013, 10:59 AM
:popcorn: This is getting interesting...

P5Ret
10-31-2013, 11:01 AM
I think he is just lying after he tried some lame brained scam, but why would he need to post it here?

Sympathy, or to get some story out in the public for when the real lawsuit or collection folks start calling about the misappropriated items.

Falstaff
10-31-2013, 11:03 AM
Bullsheet meter is pegged!

caferacer
10-31-2013, 11:05 AM
Hey there Calgunners,

I'm selling a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50mm scope. It was mounted on my Remington 700 but hasn't actually been used yet. Was planning on having fun with it but now I need the money.

The scope has the mildot reticle and will come with Butler Creek flip open covers.

Retails for $800, asking EDIT: $700 OBO for these.

http://puu.sh/4k9Ds.jpg
http://puu.sh/4k9DU.jpg

OP should've never purchased the Remington to begin with when a vacuum cleaner was clearly the smarter buy.

SoldierLife7
10-31-2013, 11:16 AM
:popcorn: This is getting interesting...

Agreed! :popcorn:

:lurk5:

luckystrike
10-31-2013, 11:16 AM
its ok everyone, its travis590

ReadyVallejo
10-31-2013, 11:44 AM
Actually, Gunbroker.com could have been a problem as far as their support. They seem to have poor customer service and help sellers more than buyers in my experience. Moreover, their prices are actually pretty high, not very good buys on the 4-5 transactions I've had there. Sometimes you pay top dollar. So far I like GunAuction.com a lot better, even the sellers there.

I've got an ongoing dispute that's now more than 90-days old with Gunbroker.com, and they let the seller change feedback unfairly after 90 days, but they won' t let me do it!

Not only did the seller charge more for shipping than he advertised in the listing, but he had outrageously poor customer service (which is really what made me complain in the first place) and quickly retaliated with false, negative feedback when I filed a complaint about it with his BBB (who did nothing, but it helped me get a charge back later). Moreover, after all this when I opened and actually examined the item about a week after delivery as my new P95 was "in jail" when the Gunbroker.com order arrived, the item had arrived rusty, a supposedly brand-new magazine! The seller even said not to E-mail him anymore after 2 E-mails, claiming, among other things, I sent him "50" in response to my feedback after he posted his negative one in retaliation about my complaint with the BBB. This E-mail from him not to communicate further with him, along with the BBB complaint that they closed rather abruptly, was one reason my credit-card company authorized the charge back, something that's hard to get BTW. Moreover, I bought many of the same magazines from Ruger for a lot lower price (about 35% less OTD), especially with my $20 discounts I got for purchasing Ruger firearms and later registering them at their Website. The auction I won with this currently unnamed vendor from Florida totaled about $44 including the shipping method I didn't want, and though their listing said they'd mail it any way you chose, they mailed it the way they wanted, Priority Mail insured when, as I said, the item was not even yet needed because the gun was in its 10-day waiting period at the FFL.

I'm now hoping to still have the false, negative feedback removed, and if and when Gunbroker.com does, I'll try to find the label he says he sent me (after telling me not to communicate with him) to mail the rusty item back, which I'll also have to spend my time trying to find, etc., if it's here :). Jeesh, criminal accusations have even flown back and forth now! However, I'm probably the only one who contacted federal authorities about the mail fraud. Moreover, all I wanted from the BBB complaint was like $1 to $3 back from my shipping charges. Though as I said, after examining the item later, it turned out to be rusty anyway so that I'd rather have a new one and pay less for it anyway!

ScottsBad
10-31-2013, 11:56 AM
I'll tell you a true story about shippers and theft. I used to believe that the shippers UPS and FEDX were managed by managers who hired good people. The drivers handle so much merchandise that I assumed they would be vetted and watched closely. NOOOO.

I was doing a 6 month contact for Siemans (jerk outfit, poorly run, GLOBAL company) in Fremont. My laptop failed (hardware problem), the company had no onsite support and after asking around who I should send this to to be repaired. I was told to talk to the receptionist and she will send it out for repair (what? the receptionist). So I went out to the reception station and she didn't seem to know what to do.

Just as I was talking to her I noticed the FedX driver was standing behind us. And he breaks in and says, "Yeah you are supposed to give it to us, I know were to send it."

I initially laughed, and said, "You take these without a box and send them out for repair?" I looked at the receptionist and said, "Is this what we are supposed to do?" She said, "Yeah that's what we're supposed to do."

Having worked for this company and seeing how poorly they ran their operations and being in a hurry to get it fixed I handed it over. I asked for a receipt, he said he said he would get one back to me as soon as it was shipped. The receptionist agreed. And it went out the door.

I inquired about it the next day, as the "receptionist" was supposed to handle it. "No, haven't heard anything". I became concerned after 2 days because there was no word and the disk contained all kinds of company and client data. BY the way they had no back up strategy either.

On a six month contract to finish a project that was estimated to take 18 months. I had no time to find out what happened. I just let sent emails to management telling them what happened and what my concerns were. The email was, I guess, ignored. I borrowed a computer from another dept. and managed to recover a few of my files from people who I distributed them to. I finished their project on time, and they wanted me to stay on. The day that the initial testing was completed successfully I left.

I asked for my final check. They asked me for the lost computer, I took them to the receptionist and said talk to her, and I walked out the door.

So you cannot necessarily trust these guys.

Some Guy
10-31-2013, 11:56 AM
Actually, Gunbroker.com could have been a problem as far as their support. They seem to have poor customer service and help sellers more than buyers in my experience. I've got an ongoing dispute that's now more than 90-days old with them, and they let the seller change feedback unfairly after 90 days, but they won' t let me do it!

This

guitar-nut
10-31-2013, 12:08 PM

This sounds like the most probable explanation, your brother is an idiot and handed your whole rifle over.

Or your brother stole your rifle.

Edit: For sale posts, sold the stock... this is sounding pretty sketchy...

Off the Roster
10-31-2013, 12:15 PM
http://narwhaler.com/original/jc/c/this-thread-delivers-ups-delivery-man-jccmYL.jpg

ask your brother if this guy looks familiar.

imtheomegaman
10-31-2013, 12:16 PM
smell test
() Pass
(X) Fail

ScottsBad
10-31-2013, 12:17 PM
First, if that happened to me I'd have my friend come and take my firearms to his house just in case the police come and want to "see" your firearms. So, your brother couldn't turn them over to the police.

Second, I would make an immediate call to the Senior Management at UPS. First, I'd want to talk to their legal department. Then I would call the Company President's office and leave a detailed message about what had happened. And then the CEO's office. Believe me they would be interested.

Next, I would call the police. Make a report.

At this point your butt is somewhat covered.

I would think that something would happen pretty quickly. I would make sure your brother knows what is about to happen, just in case he pulling some crap on you. The police will probably want to talk to him. Hopefully by then your guns are at your friend's house under lock and key.

Or, you could have a lawyer do it for you. In any case, I would not mess around. Every minute you wait is another minute you could be in jeopardy.

When EVER I have damaged goods I either do not accept the shipment so UPS has to send it back. OR I file a claim and send the stuff back. You don't get to keep it.

I just get this picture in my mind of the UPS driver taking a rife back to his truck (assuming he had a truck) and driving around town with a rifle in the back. HAHAHA Then arriving at the terminal and carrying in a rifle to show to everyone.

Or most likely, take it home to show it off to his friends... Oh, boy.

Trenchfoot
10-31-2013, 1:05 PM
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af172/Trenchfoot77/upsmeme_zpsa03317d9.jpg

aeromech
10-31-2013, 1:06 PM
Pictures or it didn't happen.

Really, I doubt there's one guy here reading this thread that believes all this would have happened and you never took pictures of the broken items. That's the first thing any reasonable person would do.

Tommy C
10-31-2013, 1:17 PM
OP, your brother probably traded the rifle for hookers & blow & just trying to cover his ***. This story is too hinky to be true...

Cereal Killer
10-31-2013, 2:29 PM
Every time I have ever returned something that I bought online it has been my responsibility to arrange shipment back to the seller, even if the seller provided a return shipping label. There is no way that UPS would show up at OP's door without first having been summoned by him....I notice that OP seems to have abandoned his own thread...

teetsjones
10-31-2013, 4:18 PM

What should I do?!?!

Let me guess... you have 30 minutes or less to decide.

chozenfew805
10-31-2013, 4:22 PM
:facepalm:

StuckInTheP.R.O.Ca
10-31-2013, 4:28 PM

What should I do?!?!

This about sums it up. Lol.

teetsjones
10-31-2013, 4:30 PM
Well I would be interested to hear an update from OP, regarding his contact with UPS.
He hasn't logged onto the forums since early this morning.

OMG what if UPS confiscated HIM!?

ReadyVallejo
10-31-2013, 4:43 PM
It could have been a collection agency dressed up as UPS? LOL! That's still a theft and misrespresentation!

ReadyVallejo
10-31-2013, 4:44 PM
"The truth is stranger than fiction."

BKinzey
10-31-2013, 4:48 PM
This story is full of the wacky woo-woo.

If the OP can't figure out if this story is true then the rifle has been stolen and he isn't responsible for it anymore then I doubt the OPs understanding and hence the re-telling of the true situation.

If someone has your rifle they acquired it thru some ruse and you are not responsible for what somebody else does with it.

Someone is pulling a con job. But whom?:confused:

Then again it could be a true "Confederacy of Dunces."

Wicked Pete
10-31-2013, 5:45 PM
Smells fishy around here.

golfrj
10-31-2013, 5:52 PM

This is it!!

teetsjones
10-31-2013, 6:50 PM
In before someone says, Good Morning Ladies.

ptoguy2002
10-31-2013, 7:00 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdn7wzBL2d1ri9yduo1_250.gif

Spanky8601
10-31-2013, 7:43 PM
Waiting for the thread with someone claiming to be a UPS driver, ordered by his boss to go confiscate a rifle. :oji:

teetsjones
10-31-2013, 8:43 PM
Waiting for the thread with someone claiming to be a UPS driver, ordered by his boss to go confiscate a rifle. :oji:

LOL indeed. I can imagine...

So I'm on my regular UPS route the other day. I had to stop by and pick up some damaged items to be shipped back to a vendor.

I requested the items, a damaged rifle stock and scope. At first the man did not understand, so I explained the situation to him.

He said I would have to talk to his brother, but I would have to wait because his brother was out of town. He also said his brother had thrown the scope and stock away.

I explained to the gentleman that the items needed to be returned, or it could be considered theft. At this point he was visibly upset and he quickly disappeared.

A few moments later he was back WITH A RIFLE IN HIS HANDS! I thought it was all over.

He handed me the rifle and asked me not to get his brother in trouble. I again told him I just need the damaged items.

He just begged me not to have his brother arrested. I told him I wasn't going to have his brother arrested. I tried several time to give the rifle back, but he refused.

Again, I told him all I need is the damaged items. He kept repeating don't arrest my brother then slammed the door.

I could not get him to answer the door and did not want to leave the gun unsecured. So I secured the rifle in my van and turned it into my supervisor. Did I do the right thing? Will I have any legal issues?

Oh yeah, he asked if I knew where to get some women and blo.

SWalt
10-31-2013, 8:51 PM
^^^^

LOL

SoldierLife7
10-31-2013, 9:48 PM
Every time I have ever returned something that I bought online it has been my responsibility to arrange shipment back to the seller, even if the seller provided a return shipping label. There is no way that UPS would show up at OP's door without first having been summoned by him....I notice that OP seems to have abandoned his own thread...

I noticed the same...

Anyone seen OP?

:willy_nilly:

teetsjones
10-31-2013, 9:52 PM
I noticed the same...

Anyone seen OP?

Not since this morning. I guess you could say he is AWOR.

SonofWWIIDI
10-31-2013, 10:08 PM
I noticed the same...

Anyone seen OP?

And...crickets!

Of course his "health problems" could have taken a turn for the worse...
:D

Off the Roster
10-31-2013, 10:12 PM
UPS picked him up, no tracking number provided.

lost.in.cali.
10-31-2013, 10:22 PM
tere hanges is the inly descriptiin to this thread

hambam105
11-01-2013, 12:15 AM
I never worried about personal safety since I trained him myself and know he's a safe user. "A safe user', did you say....Report the gun missing and accept the consequences of your training. Say hello to your brother for us.

Let's see...Chapter 3....UPS....Don't touch.....Brothers....

OTP
11-01-2013, 12:24 AM
If there is any truth to this. Taken under false pretenses is stolen.

HMGHUNTER
11-01-2013, 8:36 AM
1. How does the driver even know what's in the package? All communication of the claim would be between the UPS claims dept and recipient. If they approve it they send you a check. If not you'll probably get a call or a letter of the denial.

2. UPS isn't a debt collection agency or the "muscle" for a seller. The responsibility has always been the buyer when returning anything. Vendors with good CS will send you a prepaid shipping label. Others will make you responsible for the return shipping. You or the sender can schedule for UPS to pick up the package but again the driver has no knowledge of the contents.

Sniper3142
11-01-2013, 12:11 PM
No evidence but it sounds true to me. My brother is not malicious, but he is seriously naive and lacks street smarts.

There are folks who "lack street smarts"...
There are folks who are mentally challenged or handicapped...
And there are folks who are dumb as a bag of rocks...

If this story is at all true, I wouldn't classify your brother as someone lacking street smarts. And you didn't mention anything about him being mentally challenged or handicapped.

So... guess which one that leaves. :(

BTW, I didn't waste time reading thru the entire thread.

thnwbbsmt
11-01-2013, 1:43 PM
sounds like the gun is in better hands. OP you and your brother should not own firearms or have access to them.

EDIT: I also call bull**** on the whole story.

riddler408
11-01-2013, 1:50 PM
I used to manage a ups store. This story doesn't make any sense what so ever.

POLICESTATE
11-01-2013, 1:51 PM
REPORT THE GUN AS STOLEN. For crying out loud!

riddler408
11-01-2013, 1:52 PM

Seriously!

bodger
11-01-2013, 1:53 PM
Nonsense. OP is trolling for sure. Or his brother sold the rifle and made up the story.

mage
11-01-2013, 4:17 PM

I'm blown away that this wasn't every post on page one.

:facepalm:

dwtt
11-01-2013, 5:03 PM
I was laughing just reading the first page. So many of you got taken for what is an obvious troll.

Anyone remember that story from last week about a guy getting his AR confiscated by the cops, then he goes to the station and they give it back to him? He supposedly sold it and paid some cash out of his pocket to get an identical rifle, just because his old rifle had police cooties on it. Anyone remember that one?

bodger
11-01-2013, 6:57 PM
I was laughing just reading the first page. So many of you got taken for what is an obvious troll.

Anyone remember that story from last week about a guy getting his AR confiscated by the cops, then he goes to the station and they give it back to him? He supposedly sold it and paid some cash out of his pocket to get an identical rifle, just because his old rifle had police cooties on it. Anyone remember that one?

Yeah, that thread got deleted I think.

rkt88edmo
11-01-2013, 7:22 PM
Yeah, that thread got deleted I think.

That thread was deleted because it was just a mockfest of OP, but he was telling the truth. More LEO abuse and CGN just laffs it off way to go. In this case.....well I remain skeptical.

POLICESTATE
11-01-2013, 8:33 PM
That thread was deleted because it was just a mockfest of OP, but he was telling the truth. More LEO abuse and CGN just laffs it off way to go. In this case.....well I remain skeptical.

That's because no LEOs were involved on this one.

I am now a little concerned about an order I have coming soon that will be delivered by UPS, what if the driver comes back later and demands the package back or his boss will press charges?

:eek:

Oh I know, I'll just put some heavy crap I don't want in the box, tape it back up, and give it to him :D

rickster1269
11-01-2013, 9:02 PM
Honestly I stopped reading after you stated " now a friend has your keys"

12voltguy
11-02-2013, 7:58 AM

lol
seems so

SWalt
11-02-2013, 9:16 AM
It would be nice if the OP clarified his OP. There could be info he forgot to mention. Stranger things have happened.

12voltguy
11-02-2013, 9:20 AM
It would be nice if the OP clarified his OP. There could be info he forgot to mention. Stranger things have happened.

you want trol post clairfied?????????? LOL:p

SWalt
11-02-2013, 9:29 AM
you want trol post clairfied?????????? LOL:p

You just never know. :p

12voltguy
11-02-2013, 9:39 AM
You just never know. :p

come awn !
you know:TFH::oji::eek::facepalm:

bodger
11-02-2013, 9:48 AM

So why not post up the verification that the OP was telling the truth and not a troll, and get the thread back on track so the LEO abuse could be discussed?

The fact that the entire thread was deleted after it was ascertained that "OP was telling the truth" is any better than CGN "laffs" it off? Sounds like the moderator decision to dump the thread wasn't much better than the laff off .
Way to go moderators.

J-cat
11-02-2013, 10:00 AM
I think once someone sells a gun cuz it gots police cooties, he is no longer credible.

HUTCH 7.62
11-02-2013, 10:53 AM
Here's his rifle... so I'm thinking a possibility is that (if THIS is the SAME rifle/stock and scope he's talking about) he got the charge back even though the items were NOT damaged, and sold the rifle or was TRYING to sell it. And... who knows what really happened with UPS.

I doubt they have his rifle. He probably has the rifle hidden or sold it.

His story about needing money doesn't match up, either. He tells us he needs the money to travel, but on his for sale thread, tells potential buyers he needs the money for his student loans. This whole story smells of a scam.

Steve_In_29
11-02-2013, 12:54 PM
If this thread is true, BOTH the OP and his brother are prime candidates for a retro-active abortion as they are both too stupid to be allowed to breed.

joepamjohn
11-02-2013, 1:01 PM
giving a rifle to the UPS guy.......I don't even know what to say to that

This proves without a doubt that some people should not own guns. If you had it locked away properly without leaving keys your stupid brother would not have had the ability to hand it over. WTF!!

I have heard a lot of crazy crap on these forums but this one is up at the top. :facepalm:

teetsjones
11-02-2013, 1:33 PM
The OP has not logged onto the forums since his last post in this thread. That doesn't mean he hasn't seen the responses, this area is open to lurkers.

Is the op a troll post, quite likely. But it is fun to play along anyway. Always interesting to speculate on real or hypothetical (troll) scenarios.

A good troll can get emotions to rise and cause heated arguments. I would give this a Troll-o-meter rating of 3.5 to 4.0

Off the Roster
11-02-2013, 1:38 PM
But it is fun to play along anyway.

the OP is 2 for 2 on creating threads allowing for creative content by calgunners. #3 better be good too (no pressure!)

teetsjones
11-02-2013, 1:46 PM
Hey there Calgunners. I've got a doozy for you.

This should be the first red flag..
The second red flag, whenever a post starts "Hey there Calgunners".

The 2 combined, flashing yellow lights and warning buzzers.

bsg
11-02-2013, 3:07 PM
OP… update?

G17GUY
11-02-2013, 4:18 PM
If he is in need of money maybe he illegally sold the gun and was looking for an excuse that wouldn't get him in trouble.

If the items in the forsale thread are the items he did a chargeback on, I'm sure he could get in trouble for that.

makinthemagic
11-02-2013, 4:37 PM
Hey there Calgunners. I've got a doozy for you.

I should note I'm currently in OK and won't be back until 11/6. I am physically not able to take any action that requires my presence in California.

So I ordered a stock and scope for my R700 a few months ago. Both came in damaged. Filed UPS claim, denied, initiated chargeback. Chargeback came through, I purchased both from another vendor, and moved on.

Today though, our usual UPS guy came to our apartment. My brother (who lives with me) answered the door. Our UPS guy said his boss wanted to press charges against me over the previous transaction, but was willing to disregard this if I relinquish my rifle. My brother means well but is horrible when it comes to street smarts, so he hands over my rifle so I would not get potential charges pressed against me. I also want to note that I lock my guns up and additionally have locks on all of them. The R700 in question has a cable lock through the action/mag well. My brother though knows where I keep my keys in case he ever needs to use them, and unlocked the rifle for UPS (again, not the smartest guy.)

I'm already consulting other people regarding whether the lawsuit/criminal charges/w.e. What I want to ask CL is actions I can take regarding my rifle. It worries me extremely that someone else has a dangerous weapon under my name and without my supervision/consent. I already plan on calling my local PD regarding this in the morning, but I'd want to know if there's any other avenues I should explore. While the monetary value of my rifle is a concern, I'm most worried about a weapon of mine now on the streets.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I couldn't find a proper subforum so I posted here. IF this is an inappropriate place, can the mods please move it to where it belongs?

Your brother must be "special." He just helped the UPS guy rob you. Or he robbed you himself. And giving your bro the keys to your rifles makes you "special" too, or a liar. No matter how this story ends, it demonstrates that you and your associates are not mature enough to own firearms. The UPS driver might have done us all a favor.

J-cat
11-02-2013, 4:43 PM
Actually, it's grand theft by false pretenses, not robbery.

JDay
11-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Tere hanges to this story?

4Defense
11-03-2013, 1:34 AM
Local UPS station would not know about the chargeback. It's between the buyer and seller. UPS is just the middleman transporting the item(s) from point A to B.

Local UPS station would not file any complaints/charges. Corporate/headquarter/legal department would do that.

A UPS driver would never have told you any of the complaints/charges. Instead you would have recieved a letter from corporate or the court.

A UPS driver would have never asked for a firearm from a person/residence. If and only if that would remotely ever happens, there would be police escorts since it involves a firearm.

Either the OP or his brother or both are pulling an amateur scam.

4Defense
11-03-2013, 1:50 AM
Scamming is not good OP. :nono::nono::nono:

Your brother or you or both might end up in the big house where all the big boys are. And they really, really like little boys.

Czechsix
11-03-2013, 10:44 AM
LOL, BS flag ran out of flagpole on this one.

Hang on, I'm having a taller flagpole installed right now.

BKinzey
11-03-2013, 2:13 PM
So...... no update?

Maybe the BATF, DOJ, DHS, Sheriff, local PD (and of course UPS!) already did a raid on the illegal transfer and the OP is in the Pokey.:rolleyes:

Czechsix
11-03-2013, 2:18 PM
So...... no update?

Maybe the BATF, DOJ, DHS, Sheriff, local PD (and of course UPS!) already did a raid on the illegal transfer and the OP is in the Pokey.:rolleyes:

Nah, the raid on the OP will only come after the raid on UPS, the UPS driver's residence, any place the UPS driver has delivered to, any place the UPS driver has picked up from, and any Subway sandwich shops he's passed on the way. Or something like that.

Oh, and FEMA will be involved too. Possibly the UN.

4Defense
11-03-2013, 8:11 PM
H
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Boy, you gotta love that!:)

Help? Yeah, get yourself a real good defense lawyer. The big boys in da big house will show you what a doozy is.

Spread them wide, spread them twice. Make sure you say cheese. :rofl2:

cajay
11-03-2013, 9:32 PM
Are you sure it wasn't Fed Ex?

Fed ex staffer steals 146 guns.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/08/fedex_employee_charged_with_st.html

SonofWWIIDI
11-03-2013, 9:58 PM
OP… update?

I quote myself.

And...crickets!

Of course his "health problems" could have taken a turn for the worse...
:D

2nd Mass
11-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Hmm...no updates. Well if it's true hopefully it's all working out.