PDA

View Full Version : Castello's Guns in SJ...?

Turbinator
01-20-2008, 9:01 PM
Never heard of this place but it's in San Jose off of Lincoln Ave. You can find it listed in Yahoo Yellow Pages. Never hear anyone talking about it. Anyone know anything about this place? Do they sell guns? OLL services? Not open to the public?

Turby

mooster
01-20-2008, 9:28 PM
They have TONS of knives. Excellent selection of Benchmades last time I was there. If he doesn't have what you are looking for he can order it. The Benchmades were fair prices but I noticed that his SOGs were quite a bit over what I've seen locally.

I don't recall seing any guns for sale though. I think he does do gun modifications and customizing.

The owner is a pretty colorful guy. If you stick around you may overhear some really interesting stories that are a hoot. There's also quite a bit of swearing, but its swearing in good fun:)

Note that the shop is off to the side of that shopping center. The entrance is perpendicular to Lincoln itself.

Stormfeather
01-20-2008, 9:52 PM
Who allowed Turby to become a moderator! :p

Turbinator
01-21-2008, 7:57 AM
Who allowed Turby to become a moderator! :p

Snuck in prior to the ban, the cutoff; I'm grandfathered, pre-ban! :D

Turby

QuarterBoreGunner
01-21-2008, 12:50 PM
Jeez! That place is still in business?
They've been there for ever, but never really have made much of an impact.
I believe his name is Jim; neat old guy - no clue how he keeps the doors open.

user5412
01-21-2008, 1:24 PM
I went there and saw a rifle I wanted to buy. Shopped around and called them to ask if they could order me the newer model. Got a lecture about how my gun wasn't designed to have a mounting rail on it. So I choose instead to do business with a shop that wants my money. Go figure?

USMCbrat
01-21-2008, 1:33 PM
Well.....they no longer sell handguns...only shotguns and a small number of rifles. He told be the DOJ killed his buiness.

BillCA
01-21-2008, 1:42 PM
Joe certainly is ...um... "colorful" and outspoken in his opinions. Most of the firearms he carries are high end shotguns and lever guns, locked in a vault cage. He does have blackpowder pistols, but no cartridge handguns.

He got tired of the CA-DOJ and BATF hassles in dealing with handguns and the problems with semi-auto "AW" rifles. I don't know if he'll do receiving for out of state guns or for OLLs. I suspect not since he's trying to keep his exposure to a minimum.

Often times he does have good prices on ammo, though with the recent increases, I'm sure he's had to raise his prices. He's the only local shop that carries a lot of Fiocchi ammo though, which is usually cheaper.

He's located off Lincoln Ave, a block south of Curtner, at Pascoe & Lincoln. It's a small shopping center and his shop faces Pascoe Ave.

USMCbrat
01-21-2008, 5:33 PM
He will only take cash or checks for the ammo......I tried a CC but no cigar.

technique
07-29-2008, 9:24 PM
Joe is a good guy!!!!

gimmejr
07-29-2008, 9:55 PM
Seems to me he does it more as a hobby because he never seems to be open during his posted hours.