PDA

View Full Version : bulgy triangle folder build

shortround13
08-26-2013, 2:39 PM
don't want to get ahead of myself and create more work....just double checking. when building a triangle folder, my guess is that you rivet the front trunion to the receiver, and install the stock catch, pin and spring to the front once its riveted in....?
or am i wrong... don't want to rivet until I get the correct info. thanks.

kcstott
08-26-2013, 3:05 PM
Yep. There's a neat set of instruction that AK builder put out.

shortround13
08-26-2013, 3:15 PM
I saw that and I know I should have been able to deduce that the trunion was riveted but it didn't specifically say so I wanted to be sure. Thanks for the answer

SVT-40
08-26-2013, 4:48 PM
If your going to park and paint the rifle wait to install the front catch assembly until after you are finished with the park and paint...

shortround13
08-26-2013, 6:03 PM
lol that was going to be my next question. can the assembly be put in place with the barrel in or is it better done with the barrel out of the trunion?

SVT-40
08-26-2013, 6:12 PM
lol that was going to be my next question. can the assembly be put in place with the barrel in or is it better done with the barrel out of the trunion?

Makes no difference... I would wait until it's all done and painted..... Installing the spring is really not a big deal.

kcstott
08-26-2013, 7:10 PM
Makes no difference... I would wait until it's all done and painted..... Installing the spring is really not a big deal.

Takes a little finagling but once you figure out how it's supposed to sit it's pretty straight forward.

shortround13
08-26-2013, 7:47 PM
ok yea I was messing around with it a little bit this afternoon. I get the idea, but seems like a pain until you get the trick....I like the idea of a little hook on the end of an allen wrench.

kcstott
08-26-2013, 9:49 PM
Dental picks work great too.

00Medic
08-27-2013, 2:34 AM
Dental picks work great too.

+1

Especially if you have "sausage fingers"....like me. :)

SVT-40
08-27-2013, 5:21 PM
ok yea I was messing around with it a little bit this afternoon. I get the idea, but seems like a pain until you get the trick....I like the idea of a little hook on the end of an allen wrench.

I use a thin wire loop hooked around the "hook" on the spring. Pulling the wire forces the "hook" of the spring under the catch and allows it to snap up in place.. Then clip the wire...

kcstott
08-27-2013, 7:10 PM
+1

Especially if you have "sausage fingers"....like me. :)

well I tear quarters in half in my spare time so you know what my fingers look like.