PDA

View Full Version : Spikes Tactical BCG colors?

XDm .40
07-11-2013, 8:40 PM
I picked up 2 spikes bcg's and they look identical, feel identical, are marked the same but have different finishes.

One is like a regular black, not glossy not flat, and the other is a graphite dark grey that sparkles. Everything looks and feels right so I am not freaking out, but has anyone seen or heard of that? Why would they have different finishes?

totus44
07-11-2013, 9:35 PM
Phosphate (dull) and Nickel Boron or NiBX (shiny)? I haven't seen a Melonited BCG, that would be black and shiny IIRC.

XDm .40
07-12-2013, 6:33 AM
Sorry, both are said to be phosphate, but one is a graphite grey and it literally sparkles in the light. It looks like it is covered in little specks of glitter.

The look and feel are top notch, I just wasn't sure if anyone had ever seen a color like that on a bolt and carrier group (or anything really).

nephrodoc
07-12-2013, 6:56 AM
Call them and ask. They have awesome CS

JeremyKX
07-12-2013, 9:01 AM
For a second I thought they may have colored BCGs now(red, green,blue). I'm disappointed

peacedivision
07-12-2013, 9:19 AM
Like many others, their BCG are probably not all built by the same vendor. Coatings may also just vary batch to batch. One might be heavily oiled the other may be dry.

XDm .40
07-12-2013, 9:24 AM
Like many others, their BCG are probably not all built by the same vendor. Coatings may also just vary batch to batch. One might be heavily oiled the other may be dry.

Makes sense, thanks for the heads up.