PDA

View Full Version : Any chance i can still use this

Commi714
07-01-2013, 2:00 PM
Ok so i just started reloading and then i found a bunch of reloading stuff that a former roommate left, the only problem is that i was left in a cardboard box outside since 2008 alot of rust on some of the stuff, i fixed what i can,
found a bunch of primers and some powder (blue dot)

any chance that it would still work, im sure the primers have gone to **** (rain) but what about the powder it was closed the entire time

and if not how should i dispose of it

JagerDog
07-01-2013, 2:10 PM
You can try out primers with essentially a blank. You can make a little pile of powder and light it off. I'm not seeing what you're seeing so hard to gauge.

74c5
07-01-2013, 2:21 PM
What is the powder packaged in? The black plastic containers, if made of velostat plastic, are not the best. Velostat is required to have a minimum level of moisture permeability along with being conductive.

Lead styphnate hates moisture, as regards performance as a primary explosive so, I'd walk away from the primers. It is packaged in water / alcohol usually to render less sensitive. Not sure how to "properly" dispose of those. Maybe a range?

stilly
07-01-2013, 3:14 PM
Load up a blank round and shoot it. If it snaps then the primers might be gtg.

Dispose of it? Bah. If you MUST do such a horrible thing, soak whatever in water and then throw it out with the rest of the trash... better yet, put the primers in a lil jar and fill it with water and add a drop or two of yellow food coloring and the put a biohazard sticker on it then leave it on the doorstep of someone you do not like very much one night. Watch the fun and antics in the morning...