PDA

View Full Version : Best bullet button kit as of 2013?

ScottyBear
06-20-2013, 1:30 AM
Seems like the raddlock v2 is now the most popular, but there is also the Prince 50 and a few lesser known options.

Was wondering which option is now considered best and if anyone ever had any issues with the adjustable bullet buttons (in or out of state).

Edwood
06-20-2013, 2:37 AM
I, personally don't like the Raddlock for AR-15. The opening for using a tool or bullet is smaller than the Prince 50 Bullet Button. Also, it's a stiffer press for the Raddlock, as well as the tension being really finicky, I had to use both O-Rings and the mag releases are just not as quick and smooth as the Prince 50 when using a tool.

Also, with the Speed Funnel, it makes it a lot easier with the Prince 50. For out of state, you can use the Wonder wrench, but those little spanners are quite fragile, make sure to buy several, they're easy to lose and get damaged.

Scuba951
06-20-2013, 4:37 AM
Love my raddlock. No issues with it.
I still have it on my AR. It's in free state mode since I'm out of Cali now.

crazyucbr
06-20-2013, 5:10 AM
I get the generic version, cheap ones I think I paid like 8-9 bucks but I bought about 5. If does the job.

xxINKxx
06-20-2013, 8:36 AM
I've always used raddlocks. But the last one I bought, the part that you unscrew with a flat head screw driver to make it into a standard mag release was machined way to thin. And since it wasn't backed off in a long time it was a lil tight to remove. It instantly stripped out due to being so thin. I had to drill the part, and basically destroy the whole raddlock to get it off my lower.

Since the hole is so small I couldn't make my own mag magnet out of a bunch of spare oil drain bolts that I took the magnet outa the tips.

G21Shooter
06-20-2013, 9:17 AM
I never really thought there was more than one bullet button. I just buy the ones from Midway that are $18.95 and comes with the little red wrench, never paid attention to names or brands.

teflondog
06-20-2013, 9:36 AM
I use and prefer the Raddlock. Converting it to a normal mag release takes 3 seconds (you just loosen the screw by a few turns with a flathead screwdriver). That's a very handy feature when traveling out of state.

kkp
06-20-2013, 12:05 PM
I, personally don't like the Raddlock for AR-15. The opening for using a tool or bullet is smaller than the Prince 50 Bullet Button. Also, it's a stiffer press for the Raddlock, as well as the tension being really finicky, I had to use both O-Rings and the mag releases are just not as quick and smooth as the Prince 50 when using a tool.

Also, with the Speed Funnel, it makes it a lot easier with the Prince 50. For out of state, you can use the Wonder wrench, but those little spanners are quite fragile, make sure to buy several, they're easy to lose and get damaged.

Not a popular opinion but I agree, re the Radlock. The regular bullet buttons I've used can't be easily converted for out of state use, but if you don't go out of state much (if at all), there's not much point. And you're dead right about the smaller opening making operation more finicky than a regular BB.

With a regular BB, you can always bring the standard parts with you and make the modification back to normal operation, if you actually do have an out of state trip planned. Better than the Raddlock, even.

OTOH, if the SHTF and you need regular operation FAST for some reason, here in Cali, the Raddlock would be great for the zombie apocalypse. :) (that said, again, in a true SHTF situation, I'd probably convert my ARs to standard releases as soon as I had time, assuming I had access to my parts bin)

Speedpower
06-20-2013, 12:11 PM
It will soon all going to be outlawed! Thanks to Yee :rolleyes: