PDA

View Full Version : Single Vs Double Hook Trigger AK

Squirly
06-12-2013, 8:19 AM
Can someone chime in on Single Vs Double hook in the AK platform? I was recommended single G2.

Jayruta
06-12-2013, 8:24 AM
Difference? Realistically a notch in the receiver... some aks use a double, most others use a single.

Some say doubles feel sturdier or break cleaner. I Have both on my many different varients and I don't feel it.. must be a mental thing....

But the difference between the 2 is another notch cut out on the receiver.

hermosabeach
06-12-2013, 8:55 AM
Some guns were factory build with the double hook. Such as the milled Bulgarian guns.

Take a look at your receiver and then buy the correct trigger for your set up.

Google AK trigger and the images will show you how to identify the cuts to the receiver.

Squirly
06-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Thx. So Ak - B flat = either/or correct? So I now have the single G2 I guess

Bug Splat
06-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Meh, I installed a double in my single notch receiver Saiga. I just cut a little out of one of the hooks and it fits perfectly.

SJgunguy24
06-12-2013, 10:35 PM
Meh, I installed a double in my single notch receiver Saiga. I just cut a little out of one of the hooks and it fits perfectly.

This, it doesn't matter. The single hooks are easier to tune though. Only one contact point to get right on the release vs the 2 with the double hook.

Squirly
06-17-2013, 6:37 PM
So is adjustment of the trigger like adjusting a clutch? Some prefer hi and some low? And thank u for the input everyone who added to this.