PDA

View Full Version : OK to take AR-15 lower to gun show?

MrLawless1
04-08-2013, 4:41 PM
Hi, I'm sure this has been covered somewhere before, but I haven't seen it.

I own an AR-15 polymer lower, and am going to the gun show at the Cow Palace this Sunday.

I want to buy some parts for my build, and want to see how they'll look/fit on my lower.

Am I allowed to take my lower, and will vendors generally allow you to test the fit of pieces before you buy?

Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

whoaru99
04-08-2013, 5:09 PM
The lower is the gun, can you bring guns to the gun show?

If yes, I don't see any reason why you couldn't bring the lower.

Dano3467
04-08-2013, 5:10 PM
Good question, as I also will be going to a gun show. Maybe some will know this , and chime in... I'm personally interested in out of state, same situation...

MrLawless1
04-08-2013, 8:46 PM
I think guns are allowed, unloaded, naturally.

BUT: I think they typically put a zip tie through it to demonstrate that it isn't loaded. That's fine for a handgun or maybe even a rifle, but for a simple lower with no grip, trigger, stock, BCG or barrel/upper? Would they do the same thing?

That's really my question...

SonofWWIIDI
04-08-2013, 10:49 PM
Probably put the zip tie through the mag well, should still be able to check the fit of parts.

dinkydau
04-09-2013, 7:30 AM
When you go, right at the door there is a table aside for people brining in guns. Just go to them and declare it and they will put one of those zip ties through it and your good to go. Only thing, I don't think you would be allowed to remove the tie. Tell them what you are going to do with the lower and they may not put a tie in it.

mdib870
04-09-2013, 7:43 AM
I brought my 80% last time I went to the gun show I told the table I was looking for an upper....the cop lady that was inspecting my firearm had a hard time trying to fine the serial number lmao!