PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Vintage Rifle Shooters, 3x600 Match 14th April Sac Valley

pro-nra
04-07-2013, 7:51 PM
This is the high power guys match but they are nice enough to let us vintage guys shoot the match. A handful of us shot this match a couple of months ago and we had a blast. This is an easy match as we stay on one place @ 600 yards and fire 3 strings of 20 shots.

Unlike the silhouette match where you can only shoot SP/HP, there is no FMJ restriction so you can shoot your cheap milsurp ammo. Although not as fun as the silhouette match, it is still a blast.

1-M-42
04-08-2013, 8:20 AM
I won't be there, first squirrel eradication deployment of the year that weekend. For those that have not shot this match, its one of the best. Three strings of 20 at 600 yards. You'll get a crash course on shooting that old rifle past the standard 100 yards. Very low key, even the space rifle shooters pretty much leave you alone!

Rugersworld
04-09-2013, 9:19 AM
Not able to make it either. Daughters 2nd B-day is Saturday, so I will be recovering on sunday:sleep1:

See you at the next Mil Sillouette match.

Mustang
04-09-2013, 11:50 AM
I'll try and make it there.

Are the "vintage rifles" all lumped together...scoped, target sights, "as issued"?

pro-nra
04-09-2013, 12:24 PM
I'll try and make it there.

Are the "vintage rifles" all lumped together...scoped, target sights, "as issued"?

Make it it's fun as we don't have to move spots (I hate doing that).

Yes all the vintage class are lumped together into one class no matter what sights you have. Don't let that scare you not to shoot iron as the last match was won by iron sight (the only rifle without a scope in the vintage class).

6mmintl
04-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Im supposed to be coaching three first time M1 shooters from my club Palo Alto Rifle and Pistol club, if not I will shoot by myself.

pro-nra
04-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Frank, I hope you have better luck than Brian in mustering the Bay Area crew for the match. Invite your 50 yard sniper friends to come join us.

Three more days gang before the match this Sunday. Don't be shy to the close distance of 600 yards. I know there are lots of sub MOA $90 M***n out there that will punch the X ring at this distance all day long. So come on out and show us how it's done. It will be lots of fun.

pro-nra
04-14-2013, 3:29 PM
There was only three brave vintage shooters that showed up for the match. I wish that elusive sub MOA Mosins I keep hearing about would have shown up to put the guys shooting them space guns to shame. Despite the lack of Mosin participation, we gave the F-class guys a run for their money. Here are the results for the vintage class:
Scoped M96 Swedish Mauser = 571, 14X
Aperture CG-63 Swedish Mauser = 571, 10X
Aperture K-31 Swiss = 555, 16X

Mustang
04-14-2013, 3:50 PM
There was only three brave vintage shooters that showed up for the match. I wish that elusive sub MOA Mosins I keep hearing about would have shown up to put the guys shooting them space guns to shame. Despite the lack of Mosin participation, we gave the F-class guys a run for their money. Here are the results for the vintage class:
Scoped M96 Swedish Mauser = 571, 14X
Aperture CG-63 Swedish Mauser = 571, 10X
Aperture K-31 Swiss = 555, 16X

Pretty good shooting.

Pthfndr
04-14-2013, 4:36 PM
Arnie and Juanito were the only two vintage rifle shooters to show up. So I took pity on them and shot the only vintage rifle I had in the car. My K31 with diopter sights. I didn't even have enough of any one load to shoot more than one string, so shot each string with a different load.

But one of the Swedes would probably still have won, though it was close for the first 2 strings. After the first 2 strings we were only separated by 6 points. Arnie shot his scoped rifle and had a slight edge over Juanito with his CG63 (that thing looks brand freaking new!).

Mustang
04-14-2013, 4:43 PM
Rob, are there any vintage long range matches scheduled for this year?

Pthfndr
04-14-2013, 5:50 PM
Rob, are there any vintage long range matches scheduled for this year?

Not at this time.

There will be another 3x600 on Sunday July 14.