PDA

View Full Version : BAD experience w/ JD Machine Tech website

jt183
04-05-2013, 10:54 PM
I purchased their ar-15 upper receiver without m4 feed ramps about 5 weeks ago. It says "shipped in 3-4 weeks", am I too impatient? Anyone ordered any uppers from their website recently? If so, what was your experience like.

5.56Geo
04-06-2013, 7:43 AM
Plan to wait a long time. Take the time they have quoted you and multiply by 2.5 then add a few weeks. They have several lines, the buy in the show room crowd, the gun show crowd, the "this is my friend hooken up" crowd, the back door crowd, the on-line crowd, the vendor crowd and possibly one or two I missed. Each of these crowds have there own wait times.

If you call them today they will tell you they just DROS'ed Jan 9th orders. If you call them tomorrow they will tell you they just DROS'ed orders taken at the end of December. :facepalm:

I guess if you want their product you have to wait. I just wish someone from JD would read these threads and be a little more forth coming with the dates and stick to them +/- a week or two. People are willing to wait but some of the crowds listed above keep being pushed to the end of the line.

CenCalHobbist
04-06-2013, 8:51 AM
I ordered a stripped upper on Dec. 12. I got the confirmation email and such then nothing at all. I then called in Feb. to check the status and was told about the middle of Mar. So I waited and called again in Mar. and was told that they should have shipped it already. Then the women I was talking to said she would make sure it was shipped that day. 3 days latter it showed up in the mail.

I suggest you call them to find out the status.

B!ngo
04-06-2013, 12:29 PM
I ordered one of their cool integrated buffers from them a while back and, though it took a while (they were back ordered), it was less than their estimate. Good stuff and good folks over there IMHO.
B

jt183
04-06-2013, 2:39 PM
Wow, I actually got a hold of them on the first call. The sales person said that he will look into my order and call me back. I'm hoping they do .

jt183
04-06-2013, 2:42 PM
And they just called me back. They said that they are currently filling orders for the beginning of February on upper receivers and my wait time is 4-8 weeks! :(

jt183
05-06-2013, 10:27 PM
I finally received my upper receiver! BUT! They gave me the wrong one!!! arggh!!!!!!!:mad:

I tripled check my order and everything was ordered correctly. Purchased A3 upper receiver(on the website) and on the invoice paper that came with the Upper said M4. WTH! I waited this long to get a wrong order, will call them tomorrow.

I will keep those posted on how my order is coming along........

tenpercentfirearms
05-07-2013, 7:04 AM
I finally received my upper receiver! BUT! They gave me the wrong one!!! arggh!!!!!!!:mad:

I tripled check my order and everything was ordered correctly. Purchased A3 upper receiver(on the website) and on the invoice paper that came with the Upper said M4. WTH! I waited this long to get a wrong order, will call them tomorrow.

I will keep those posted on how my order is coming along........

LOL. Do you know what the difference is between an A3 upper and an M4 upper? Hint: check their website. If you can't find an M4 model advertised anywhere, then you got what you ordered.

jt183
05-07-2013, 9:23 PM
LOL. Do you know what the difference is between an A3 upper and an M4 upper? Hint: check their website. If you can't find an M4 model advertised anywhere, then you got what you ordered.

Of course I know. I wanted the A3 upper(without feed ramps) but they sent an M4. My invoice on the website said A3 and package invoice said M4. Somewhere down the line at their facility they got my order wrong.

tenpercentfirearms
05-08-2013, 2:24 PM
Of course I know. I wanted the A3 upper(without feed ramps) but they sent an M4. My invoice on the website said A3 and package invoice said M4. Somewhere down the line at their facility they got my order wrong.

My apologies. I wondered if that was the case. Did you get a hold of them?

jt183
05-08-2013, 4:36 PM
My apologies. I wondered if that was the case. Did you get a hold of them?

They sent me a ups return label via email. The lady I spoke with said that it will take another 2-3 weeks time for the A3 :(