PDA

View Full Version : BIG TDAY PRICE DROPS Mag pouches, vest, knives, other stuff from Syria and Israel

DedEye
10-30-2007, 12:36 PM
As many of you may recall I was in the Middle East this summer, and while there I made a large purchase for a good many members on this forum. People got knives, holsters, authentic keffiyeh/shemaughs, you name it.

I bought a bunch of stuff for one member in particular for a trade we were going to do, but when I got back he had disappeared off the face of the earth. No response to PMs or phone calls. I've waited several months now, but it's time to sell the stuff that I'd set aside for him.

All prices are "or best offer." I just started a new job so I should finally start getting some money, but until my first paycheck I'm hurting financially so I'm trying to get as much as I can for these items. Still, make me an offer. Also, see the bottom of this post for what I'm interested in for trades.

First up is a nice LBV (Load Bearing Vest) with 6 pouches for AK magazines, 2 equipment pouches, and a rear pouch which a retired Bulgarian Army colonel who I met in Syria told me was meant to hold RPGs. The vest buckles in the front with buckles like a life vest or flak jacket. Additionally it comes with two patches one of which says "Police" and the other says police in Arabic ("Sharta"). On the back of both is the words "A C D C" in Arabic, I don't know why :confused:. The vest has a tag on it from H Mardini (it might be M Mardini, can't remember) as well as his (Syrian) phone number. I bought it in a souq in Damascus, so when your friends ask you where you got your stylish tacticool vest, you'll have a great story about its history :D. $60 shipped or best offer.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa267/rando034/IMG_4176.jpg

The vest for sale is the one that says police on it. The tags are just pinned on the front, and can be sewn on the back (can't put the vest on if they were left on the front).

Next up are two dual mag pouches for AK magazines. I believe they are plastic/some kind of fake leather but can't remember exactly what. I have two of them, each has two pouches side by side which hold a single AK magazine. Funny story about checking to make sure it would hold a 30 round mag: the stall where I bought this had a stainless steel 1911 shaped fake gun for measuring holster size, but when I asked if they had a fake AK magazine to check sizes they did not. One of the guys left the shop and came back a couple minutes later with a 30 round AK magazine loaded with 7.62. I asked if he'd just got it from a cop and he told me yes, and he and the other guy in the stall exchanged worried glances when I asked if I could buy the magazine :43:. $20 shipped or $35 for both.

I have a large knife that I also bought from that same stall (it was like a candy store for guys like us). It's made by "USA Saber" and has an eagle in front of an American flag (and yet was for sale in Damascus, Syria :confused:). The blade is around 7" long I believe and is a solid hunk of steel; the grip is OD green paracord. Also comes with OD green sheath with belt loop. Quite mean looking. $40 shipped.

Better than the knife though, is the machete. It's made by "Elephant", has the same green paracord handle, but is just plain evil looking. Very cool cut and design on the top of the blade and in the middle of it, you'll see what I mean in the pictures. While I need the money and originally bought the machete for someone else, I'm growing fond of it and don't really want to sell it, so I'll put the list price at $70 shipped, or for a good trade.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa267/rando034/IMG_4294.jpg
The knife to the right of the machete is the one for sale here, the others have already found good homes with other Calgunners.

Moving on from Syria I have a few things I bought in Israel.

There's also an IDF sweatshirt up for grabs. It's green and has the Israeli Defense Force logo on it as well as the IDF initials in Hebrew. I believe it's a large, but I'll have to check when I get home. $35 shipped to your door.

Lastly I have 3-4 Palestinian keffiyehs. These are also called Shemaughs and hattas, they're all the same thing though. I bought them in Bethlehem, they're cotton (very fine and soft, feels almost like silk) and are checkered black and white. They also come with the black band that holds it on the head (called an agal). $15 shipped for both keffiyeh and agal.

As for trades, there's a few things I'm very interested in getting and am open to just about any other offer. Cash can definitely be added for the right items.

I really need to get a Ruger 10/22, If you've got a 10/22 and I've got something you want, PM ME!

I just got a cat and want to get a laser sight to mess with her and mount to my AR (may as well kill two birds with one stone.

I need a spotting scope, something that'll work for .223 at 100-200 yards preferably.

AR stuff! Really, if you've got anything AR related up for trade you may as well name it, it'll be easier than me listing everything I want.

Last thing I can think of right now is a Knoxx Sidewinder for a Mossberg 500/590.

River Jack
10-30-2007, 1:39 PM
PM sent

DedEye
11-01-2007, 9:23 AM
Btt.

DedEye
11-01-2007, 4:13 PM
Bump with a price drop. I'm trying to muster up funds for a Rhineland Arms 10/22 dressed up like an MP5, so if anything interests you, please shoot me a PM.

DedEye
11-02-2007, 4:52 PM
Make me an offer! I just had to take my cat to the vet, and still want that damn 10/22 but need the money to buy it! If there's something you want and you make a reasonable offer odds are good I'll take it.

And in case it wasn't clear, all the clothing (and everything else for that matter) is completely brand new/unused.

DedEye
11-03-2007, 2:28 PM
Bump.

DedEye
11-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Prices dropped.
Machete potentially SPF.

DedEye
11-05-2007, 1:09 PM
Work bump, looks like the machete is still available.

DedEye
11-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Mister mister! If I don't sell soon my parents will beat me!

AlexDeLand
11-06-2007, 10:10 PM
I see you said you are trying to get a 10/22 MP5 look alike. Are you trying to get one to sell, or to use? Because I would be willing to buy one if it was quite decent looking! I am very interested in something like that. Let me know what you got. Thanks!

P.S. How much do you want for that POLICE Vest?

DedEye
11-08-2007, 1:07 AM
I see you said you are trying to get a 10/22 MP5 look alike. Are you trying to get one to sell, or to use? Because I would be willing to buy one if it was quite decent looking! I am very interested in something like that. Let me know what you got. Thanks!

P.S. How much do you want for that POLICE Vest?

I was going to get it to use, but ended up not picking it up. If you want to buy it IM the user on ARFcom here (http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=93&t=481511).

As for the vest I'd like to get $80 or best offer. Trade offers welcome.

DedEye
11-08-2007, 11:24 PM
I don't like writing papers bump.

DedEye
11-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Someone make me an offer so I can get this crap out of my living room.

DedEye
11-11-2007, 9:03 PM
I need a .22 upper.

DedEye
11-16-2007, 12:52 AM
.Pmub

DedEye
11-18-2007, 8:45 AM
I'll trade it all for an ACOG ;).

DedEye
11-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Huge price drops, just in time for Black Friday.

Bobula
11-22-2007, 2:52 PM
I'll take a keffiyeh! Take paypal?
PM me