PDA

View Full Version : sks trigger group

rebel1
03-31-2013, 2:22 PM
I have an sks trigger group that I have had apart and back together quite a few times with no success working the hammer. I had my other trigger group apart and it looks to be together correct. Can someone assist? Thanks

stitchnicklas
03-31-2013, 4:43 PM
safety on?

rebel1
03-31-2013, 4:48 PM
On or off it will not trip the hammer. I have another trigger group in parts and have tried to change the parts with the same results.

jamesob
03-31-2013, 5:26 PM
There is a bar that sticks up at an angle wich has to be at the correct position for it to fire. That bar rides on the bottom of the bolt to allow the thing to fire.

jamesob
03-31-2013, 5:33 PM
It's called a bolt follower disconnector

rebel1
03-31-2013, 6:44 PM
I will check it out and keep y'all posted. Thanks for the advise.

rebel1
04-01-2013, 6:33 PM
OK, pulled it apart tonight and put it back together and now it is working. It seams as i put the clip in piece over the trigger so it was not pushing the sear. Now back to the reason I took it apart in the first place, the trigger really drags! Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks

kdshooter
04-02-2013, 9:46 AM
I'm having a similar problem except it works sometimes and not other. Then it becomes a mystery if and when it will fire again. I have pulled the trigger group cleaned and oiled it and seems to operate properly. I'm beginning to the the disconnector is hanging up when in the rifle is assembled. I found a video which is not great, but it does show how to get the hammer to come forward. Any ideas? thanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpiIzS0gWFw

rebel1
04-02-2013, 6:40 PM
same video I watched and that was my problem.:censored: Try to find another video.

bohoki
04-02-2013, 10:05 PM
it wont drop the hammer even in the gun?

rebel1
05-12-2013, 1:48 AM
Ok, took it to the range, loaded, racked it back and feel the trigger drag, it fires and chamber but when I pull for the next round there.is nothing! The trigger pulls back and nothing. I'm tired of screwing with it. Does anyone know someone local or where I can ship it to for help or if somone has a trigg group laying around. Thanks

bohoki
05-12-2013, 9:33 AM
Ok, took it to the range, loaded, racked it back and feel the trigger drag, it fires and chamber but when I pull for the next round there.is nothing! The trigger pulls back and nothing. I'm tired of screwing with it. Does anyone know someone local or where I can ship it to for help or if somone has a trigg group laying around. Thanks

local?

rebel1
05-12-2013, 10:36 AM
Fallbrook

tujungatoes
05-12-2013, 1:55 PM
Does anyone know someone local or where I can ship it to for help or if somone has a trigg group laying around. Thanks

Send it to Kivaari (http://www.kivaari.com/index.html)

bohoki
05-12-2013, 3:21 PM
this video explaine to me how to fix my horrible trigger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cryTMAqLuxM

Bobby Ricigliano
05-12-2013, 3:48 PM
This is a good thread. Most of my SKS rifles have smooth triggers, but one of my Russians has a smooth take up followed by a noticeable drag right before firing. It doesn't affect the function but it is really irritating on an otherwise great rifle. I have been meaning to send it to Bill Springfield, who told me via email that he does SKS trigger jobs for $45 including return shipping.

The only reasons I haven't sent it out yet are:

I don't want a buttery light match trigger that won't pop heavy primers

I am a bit paranoid about losing an irreplaceable numbers matching Tula trigger assembly due to USPS buffoonery or pilfery.

rebel1
05-14-2013, 7:24 PM
I spoke to Bill this morning and will be shipping two trigger groups as I may need one as a spare to compare with my other sks at the range. Will keep you posted on ship and turn around. Thanks for the info.