PDA

View Full Version : i need a MN fix

NOTABIKER
03-27-2013, 11:54 AM
everytime in the last year i was at turners or big 5 and saw mosins for sale i new it was going to end but when ?. i did buy about 10 but sold all but 3. after about 5 i was able to stop buying them just because they were 109 bucks.
i do not have a c&r and would gladly pay 179 right now. the thrill of a sales person letting you open a few boxes and look them over was so much fun. i started buying other mil surp rifles but found out my interest is in Mosins. fowlers has a 1944 M-44 with a laminated stock and missing the bayonet for 295. it has been their for a while un sold, maybe their is something wrong with it. that stock just does not look right on a old ww 2 rifle to me.

Flyin Brian
03-27-2013, 6:42 PM
So you are buying them and then selling them and now you miss them? Maybe you shouldn't sell them? Just a thought...

Have you tried hiding them from yourself? Have someone put them in a box and keep them in the attic. A few weeks later get up in the attic and pull them down... pretend it's Christmas.

Beetle Bailey
03-27-2013, 7:06 PM
Try picking up a Finn M39. Also, sounds like you like the "getting" more than the "having" ;) If that's the case, just make sure you don't lose money when you sell.

TrexTracker
03-27-2013, 7:22 PM
Have you tried hiding them from yourself?

Pretty funny stuff.:rofl2:

I believe...the love and popularity for the Mosin Nagants will diminish when the surplus ammos, the spam cans, dry up. I hope not to see that in my lifetime.

NOTABIKER
03-28-2013, 5:20 AM
So you are buying them and then selling them and now you miss them? Maybe you shouldn't sell them? Just a thought...

Have you tried hiding them from yourself? Have someone put them in a box and keep them in the attic. A few weeks later get up in the attic and pull them down... pretend it's Christmas.

the wife got a serious driving ticket and a accident that set me back. sold some guns for quick cash. no choice. then i had a like new 1983 M1A fall in my lap for 1,500 with 800 rounds of ammo around Christmas time, so i sold a few mosins and a turners SKS for that purchase. their was a reason i sold them. sometimes i sold a Mosin to purchase another better mosin.

mofojoe
03-28-2013, 5:29 AM
I have 3. They're too friggen hard to clean with that loooong barrel:)

billmaykafer
03-28-2013, 6:01 AM
buy a T-53 chinese MN M44. 8" shorter barrel and uses same ammo 7.62X54R.. i love mine,1954.9 (sept 54)

NOTABIKER
03-28-2013, 7:08 AM
i have come to love the simplicity of the Mosin. except for that frigging bolt. i think Rube Goldberg invented that bolt.
even though the Mosin comes apart easy i now take the whole riffle down to clean it with my surplus ammo. i do not like getting cleaning products on the wood while cleaning it.