PDA

View Full Version : looking for 9mm kit on AR

pedro_c111
09-30-2007, 5:23 AM
Hey guys, I have a AR in 6.8spc but 6.8 is kinda expensive and i was looking for something cheaper to shoot out of my AR. I was thinking of going with the 9mm and just use the same lower for both. Do you guys think that woud be a good idea? If so, does anyone know where i can get a complete 9mm kit for a decent price?

tenpercentfirearms
09-30-2007, 6:30 AM
Hey guys, I have a AR in 6.8spc but 6.8 is kinda expensive and i was looking for something cheaper to shoot out of my AR. I was thinking of going with the 9mm and just use the same lower for both. Do you guys think that woud be a good idea? If so, does anyone know where i can get a complete 9mm kit for a decent price?

Kits are over rated. Just buy what you need. For example, I sell RRA 9mm set ups and if you bought these parts, they would install on your 6.8 build.

1. 9mm upper
2. 9mm hammer
3. 9mm buffer
4. 9mm magazine conversion block
5. 9mm 10 round magazine

If you are using a fixed A2 stock you will also need a 9mm spacer too.

That is it. I would recommend just getting a new lower for two reasons. One I am a gun dealer and want you to spend more money. Two since you have to take the hammer and other parts out along with tightening in the mag block, you don't want to have to swap back and forth, so it is better to have two lowers so you don't have to screw with it.

I love my 9mm build and now that C Products finally has out their 10 round 9mm magazines, life is good. I should have six 9mm uppers in stock on Tuesday I believe.

inda_bebe
09-30-2007, 7:03 AM
how much is it for all 5?

CWatson
09-30-2007, 7:50 AM
Kits are over rated. Just buy what you need. For example, I sell RRA 9mm set ups and if you bought these parts, they would install on your 6.8 build.

1. 9mm upper
2. 9mm hammer
3. 9mm buffer
4. 9mm magazine conversion block
5. 9mm 10 round magazine

If you are using a fixed A2 stock you will also need a 9mm spacer too.

6. A Monsterman Grip!

ar15barrels
09-30-2007, 9:36 AM
You don't have to have a 9mm specific hammer as long as you have a hammer without a notched face.
These are commonly used in DPMS and Stag parts kits.
If you have an A2 stock, you can also skip the 9mm buffer and buffer spacer as the regular A2 buffer works fine for 9mm.

I have Rock River 9mm uppers in-stock and I can customize them as well by shortening and permanent attaching a muzzle device or installing a rail system.