PDA

View Full Version : Inleting a B&C stock for Badger Ordnance DBM

Agent 0range
01-13-2013, 8:20 AM
Has anyone installed a Badger Ordnance DBM trigger guard on a Bell & Carlson stock for a Remington 700 (.308). My main question is whether I need to replace the B&C pillars with the BO ones? The rear B&C pillar is longer than the BO one but the front pillars are nearly identical. The inside diameters are very close to the same (measured with calipers). If I can use the B&C pillars, I think I can just shave the corners of the stock down to make the DBM fit. Am I being too optimistic here, or am I getting in over my head? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

wpage
01-13-2013, 10:04 AM
Not understanding your acronyms...

Agent 0range
01-13-2013, 10:32 AM
DBM - detachable box magazine trigger guard (replaces the plastic hinged floor plate)
B&C - Bell & Carlson (stock mfgr.)
BO - Badger Ordnance (DBM mfgr.)

ar15barrels
01-13-2013, 7:18 PM
Leave the existing pillars in the stock.
When the stock gets milled out, the pillars AND the stock fill will all get machined to the proper depths.
If you are in so-cal, I can do the machining for you if you need it done.

Agent 0range
01-14-2013, 7:34 PM
Leave the existing pillars in the stock.
When the stock gets milled out, the pillars AND the stock fill will all get machined to the proper depths.
If you are in so-cal, I can do the machining for you if you need it done.

Thank you! I'm hoping Badger Ordnance can do the complete install for me. They charge $75 + shipping. I'm just not sure if Bell & Carlson is one of the stocks they WON'T work on. I'll have to wait until next week to find out since they're closed for Shot Show. If they can't do it, I may hit you up!

ar15barrels
01-14-2013, 8:07 PM
If you are in Los Angeles, I can save you the shipping.
I do it while you wait and for a similar price to badger, but no shipping or waiting.
Hard to beat same-day service...

bombadillo
01-24-2013, 5:27 PM
Randall, what is the cost of inletting on a B&C or a factory 700p stock?

ar15barrels
01-24-2013, 6:13 PM
Randall, what is the cost of inletting on a B&C or a factory 700p stock?

$80