PDA

View Full Version : Radway Green 7.62mm casings

Davidncf
12-30-2012, 11:09 AM
I have a bunch of Radway Green 7.62mm casings, and I have currently started reloading .308 ammunition. I know that they say that Lake City Ammo cannot be reloaded due to the crimping of the case at the primer (which can be reamed out), but can this be dome with the radway Green. Also, does radway Green ammo have 2 primer holes or does it have ne like the Lake City ammo?

NotEnufGarage
12-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Any brass with crimped primer pockets can be reloaded, if you swag or chamfer the primer pocket to remove the crimp.

Pete1979
12-30-2012, 12:04 PM
I think RG cases are berdan primed. You can get Berdan primers but it is quite a bit more work to get them out. How many do you have?

Divernhunter
12-30-2012, 12:15 PM
They are Berdan primed and most all reloaders do not reload them. Anything with 2 small holes when you look into the case is Berdan primed and not reloadable without extra work which most all people do not do.
Just get boxer primed brass and if crimped swage or ream the crimp.

Dutch3
12-31-2012, 5:38 AM
I have a bunch of Radway Green brass. I am on the fence about scrapping it because it is nice brass. I will probably keep it around and pursue an easy method of depriming it.