PDA

View Full Version : A Magazine For Preppers!

jonnyt16
12-29-2012, 9:32 PM
So I was at the supermarket today and this caught my eye....a magazine for preppers! So far everything I've read in it has been very interesting. The layout is great, the articles are well written, and the photography is pretty nice. It's not loaded with tons of ads either. Its a magazine I could see myself subscribing to. Definitely worth checking out at least.

http://img.eetoolset.com/img?set=image%5B183/983306.JPG%5D,size%5B320x437%5D,qual%5B80%5D&call=url%5Bfile:std.image%5D

Eldraque
12-29-2012, 9:36 PM
INB4:TFH::

johnny1290
12-30-2012, 1:40 AM
cool mag I'll be on the lookout!

between you and me, I kinda don't know how magazines stay in business.

rooster85
12-30-2012, 3:37 AM
If you guys read those and don't want them I'll give you my address and maybe you could send me them? Some new reading material would be nice.

ireload
12-30-2012, 4:25 AM
There use to be a mag back in the 90's till early 2000 that is not being published anymore forgot what it's called but I would assume it's similar to "Living Ready". The magazine basically stopped after the Y2K. But had a lot of good and interesting info. If you guys has Barnes and Noble in your area, The Backwoodsman, Backwoods Home, The New Pioneer, and Countryside are also good mags to read.

billmaykafer
12-30-2012, 4:42 AM
IBFP-i will check at barnes and noble as i like to read a lot. takes about 15 minutes to read my american rifleman. i keep some in bathroom for during break as taking it slow prevents hemhorroids a lot i heard.

ireload
12-30-2012, 5:47 AM
IBFP-i will check at barnes and noble as i like to read a lot. takes about 15 minutes to read my american rifleman. i keep some in bathroom for during break as taking it slow prevents hemhorroids a lot i heard.

Thanks for that comical medical advice....:D Once in a while too in the bargain book sections, they have books on survival.

reefer_bob
12-30-2012, 8:46 PM
Interesting.

jesusfreak4x4
12-31-2012, 8:56 AM
livingreadyonline.com has pdf downloads for under $2.

OIFVet03
01-01-2013, 12:28 AM
Nice. I have a subscription to Backwoodsman which is awesome. Another brand new magazine that I just found is American Frontiersman. It is really good too.

ireload
01-02-2013, 1:02 PM
Nice. I have a subscription to Backwoodsman which is awesome. Another brand new magazine that I just found is American Frontiersman. It is really good too.

I believe I stumbled into that mag a couple of weeks ago in Barnes and Noble. Correct me if I'm wrong that mag goes for around $10 for mag rack price right?

kaligaran
01-02-2013, 1:17 PM
I believe I stumbled into that mag a couple of weeks ago in Barnes and Noble. Correct me if I'm wrong that mag goes for around $10 for mag rack price right?

That sounds right. Seems like all magazines are pushing the $10 range these days.

I bought a magazine for the first time in years not long ago b/c it showcased a product I had been working on (not prepping related) and about choked when it rang up at $9.95. Just shocked me.

Something to be said for digital copies and subscriptions for cheap for sure.

eaglecreek
01-04-2013, 9:25 PM
Thanks for the info. Always looking for more resources in these areas.

zatoh
01-04-2013, 11:43 PM
There use to be a mag back in the 90's till early 2000 that is not being published anymore forgot what it's called but I would assume it's similar to "Living Ready". The magazine basically stopped after the Y2K. But had a lot of good and interesting info. If you guys has Barnes and Noble in your area, The Backwoodsman, Backwoods Home, The New Pioneer, and Countryside are also good mags to read.

American Survival Guide. Then it went online and became Modern Survival Guide. I think it's now defunct though.

Patriotdoc
01-05-2013, 12:01 AM
American Survival Guide is back. I know because my mom and my wife both got me a copy last week.